No announcement yet.

food for thought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "It is strange that a person may find it easy to protect himself from eating Haraam, oppression and injustice, adultery, theft, drinking Khamr, and from unlawful looking, but it is hard for him to restrain the movement of his tongue. How often do we see people who are very cautious about falling into shameful deeds or injustice, but their tongue lashes against the living and the dead and they don't mind it?"
    Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

Comment

• “Sit with those who have sinned and repented, for they have softest of hearts” (Umar Ibn khattab R.A)

Comment

• I might read a hundred interpretations of one verse, but would still ask Allaah's guidance in its comprehension saying, 'Oh teacher of Aadam and lbraaheem teach me!' I would also go to the deserted masjids and ask Allah, 'Oh teacher of lbraaheem! Make me comprehend.'

Ibn Taymiyyah
        Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

Comment

• "Knowledge is that which benefits, not that which is memorized."
          Imam Ash-Shafi'ee

Comment

• It is reported that Muhammad Al-Bâqir – Allâh have mercy on him – said, “Never does any pride enter the heart of a man except that his intelligence decreases by the same amount.”

Al-Dhahabî, Siyar A’lâm Al-Nubalâ`, in his biography of Muhammad Al-Bâqir.

Comment

• ‎"Know that if the people are amazed by you, then they are simply amazed at how beautifully Allah has concealed your faults

Comment

• "What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked Allah for yesterday?"

Comment

• O Son of Adam, sell this world for the hereafter and you will win both; sell the hereafter for this world and you will lose both.- Hasan al-Basri

Comment

• "Beware of every hour and how it passes, and only spend it in the best possible way, do not neglect yourself, but render it accustomed to the noblest and best of actions, and send to your grave that which will please you when you arrive to it." [Imam Ibn Al-Jawzee]

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

"Beware of every hour and how it passes, and only spend it in the best possible way, do not neglect yourself, but render it accustomed to the noblest and best of actions, and send to your grave that which will please you when you arrive to it." [Imam Ibn Al-Jawzee]
                      That’s a good reminder, given everything that happned today. You never know when your time is up. I hope allah forgives all the people who died of their sins.

It’s a terrible thing that happened down there. I cant believe people could be so evil.

انالالله واناالیه راجعون

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post

That’s a good reminder, given everything that happned today. You never know when your time is up. I hope allah forgives all the people who died of their sins.

It’s a terrible thing that happened down there. I cant believe people could be so evil.

انالالله واناالیه راجعون
                        Barak Allah fiq

Comment

• Al-Hasan Al-Basree said:
                          “The world is a vehicle for you. If you drive it, it will deliver you to your destination. If it drives you, you will be destroyed”

Comment

• ✦"The life of this world is the wine of Shaytan, and whoever is intoxicated by it only wakes up once he is amongst the hordes of the dead, lamenting among the losers."✦

[Yahya ibn Muadh]

Comment

• And if I can die having brought any light, having exposed any meaningful truth that will help destroy this disease, then all the credit is due to Allah the Lord of the worlds and only the mistakes have been mine."

-Malcolm X

Comment

• The servant who seeks the pleasure of Allaah, never

abandons repentance.

He remains in the state of repentance until the end of his life."

[Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah]

Comment

Working...
                                X