No announcement yet.

food for thought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not be fooled by the lust of wrong doing, for it is all an illusion and will get you no where while stealing all your time.
    What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked Allah for yesterday?

We worry about tomorrow as if its guaranteed

Comment

• Stupid hand of mine. Why are you so quick to jump back when you touch something hot, and yet so quick to reach out to what will cause you to burn?- Ammar Alshukry

Comment

• Whoever wishes to purify his heart, then let him prefer Allah to his desires. — Ibn al-Qayyim

Comment

• 'Every love that leads away from His love is in fact a punishment; only a love that leads to His love is a heartfelt & pure love.'

Ibn Al-Qayyim

Comment

• A calamity that makes you turn to Allah is better for you than a blessing which makes you forget the remembrance of Allah.

–Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

• 'The Righteous Salaf were as fearful of their good deeds being squandered, or not being accepted, as the present generation is certain that their neglect would be forgiven. ' Hasan Al Basri (RA)

Comment

• Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you don't have. Remember that whatever you have now was once among the things you only hoped for.

Comment

• Foolishness of Man

“Woe to you! You run to one who would shut his door in your face, display his poverty to you and conceal his riches. And you leave the One who opens His door to you in the middle of the night and the middle of the day, who displays His richness and proclaims, “invoke Me and I will respond.”"
                  - Wahb b. Munabbih

Comment

• The heart, in its journey to Allah, Majestic is He, is like that of a bird: love is its head, and fear and hope on its two wings. When the head and two wings are sound, the bird flies gracefully; if the head is severed, the bird dies; if the bird loses one of its wings, it then becomes a target for every hunter or predator.—Ibn al-Qayyim

Comment

• Wealth should be viewed just like the toilet, in that you have need for it and resort to it when necessary, but it has no place in your heart.—Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

• Abû Al-Dardâ’ – Allah be pleased with him – said:

It is from a person’s knowledge and understanding that he sees to his needs first in order to turn to his prayer with a heart free of distractions.

Ibn Al-Mubârak in Al-Zuhd wa Al-Raqâ’iq Vol.2 p726

Comment

• This whole religion revolves around knowing the truth and acting by it, and action must be accompanied by patience. - Ibn Taymiyya

Comment

• “What is this world but a dream that a sleeper sees – he delights in it for a few moments, and then wakes up to face reality”. – Hasan Al-Basri

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                              Asalamu alaikum rahmatullah wa barakatu

Ibn Mas'ud reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said;
                              "Those who make things hard for themselves will be destroyed." He said it three times. [Muslim]
                              Abu Rib’i Hanzala ibn ar-Rabi’ al-Usaydi the scribe, one of the scribes of the Messenger of Allah, said, “Abu Bakr, may Allah be pleased with him, met me and said, ‘How are you, Hanzala?’ I said, ‘Hanzala is a hypocrite!’ I said, Glory be to Allah! What are you saying!’

I said, ‘We were with the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, who reminded us of the Garden and the Fire and it was as if we could see them with our eyes. When we leave the presence of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, we attend to our wives, children and estates in a state of great heedlessness.’ Abu Bakr said, ‘By Allah, we have experienced the same as this!’

So Abu Bakr and I went to visit the Messenger of Allah and I said, ‘Hanzala is a hypocrite, Messenger of Allah!’ The Messenger of Allahmay Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, ‘Why is that?’ I said, ‘Messenger of Allah, when we are with you,you remind us of the Garden and Fire and it is as if we could see them with our eyes. When we leave your presence, we attend to our wives, children and estates in a state of great heedlessness.’

The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, ‘By the One in whose hand my soul is, if you were to remain in the state you are in when you are in my presence and in the dhikr, the angels would shake hands with you on your bed and in the street, but, Hanzala, different times are not the same.’ three times.” [Muslim] ( Number 151, Chapter14, Riyad as-Salihin)
                              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• "What a wonderful thing to know Him (i.e Allah)! But how can one know Him but not love Him? How can one hear the caller but fail to respond? How can one know the profit to be gained in dealing with Him but still prefer others? How can one taste the bitterness of disobeying Him but still abstain from seeking the pleasure of obeying Him? How can one feel the severity of engaging in trivial speech, but fail to open your heart to His remembrance? How can one be tortured by being attached to others but not rush toward the bliss of turning to Him in repentance? Perhaps it is most surprising to know that while you are in need of Him, you are still reluctant to move toward Him because you seek others" -Ibn Al-Qayyim

Comment

Working...
                                X