No announcement yet.

food for thought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “I never saw a better admonisher than the grave, or anything more satisfying than a book, or anything safer than lack of socialization.” - ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abd al-’Aziz bin ‘Umar bin ‘Abd al-’Aziz
    Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

Comment

• Whoever proposes to the world, then the world would not be satisfied until he gave up his Deen as dowry.
      [Malik bin Dinar]
      Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

Comment

• "Nothing is difficult if you seek it through your Lord, and nothing easy if you seek it through your self." — Ibn Attaillah al-Sakandari

Comment

• "All Muslims should be in the real estate business, trying to purchase as many palaces in Jannah as possible."

- Yawar Baig

Comment

• While you are reading this sentence, thousands of chemicals react in your eyes. Each of them, much more complex then you can imagine.More complex then the screen you are gazing at. Of course a Hi-Tech company built your screen, then who built your eyes?

Comment

• "If a man seeks knowledge, it will appear in his face, hands an tongue and in his humility to Allah." - Hassan Al-Basri

Comment

• “Do not resent the calamities that come and the disasters that occur; perhaps in something that you dislike will be your salvation, and perhaps in something that you prefer will be your doom.”- Hassan al Basri

Comment

• Verily my happiness is my Iman; and verily, my Iman is in my heart; and verily, my heart does not belong to anyone but Allah - Asmaa Bint Abi Bakr

Comment

• True knowledge is not mentioned in relation to how much you memorise and then narrate, but rather, true knowledge is an expression of piety. - Ibn Mas'ud (radhiyallahu 'anhu)

Comment

• It was narrated that Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:“Whoever is mainly concerned about the Hereafter, Allaah will make him feel independent of others and will make him focused and content, and his worldly affairs will fall into place. But whoever is mainly concerned with this world, Allaah will make him feel in constant need of others and will make him distracted and unfocused, and he will get nothing of this world except what is decreed for him.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2389; classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 6510).

Comment

• Abu Hurayrah (radhiyallahu 'anhu) was asked about taqwa. He said, "It is a road full of thorns. One who walks it needs to have extreme patience."

Comment

• "Truly in the heart there is a void that can not be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that can not be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness." — Ibn al-Qayyim

Comment

• "Only Allah can judge me now" does not remove the fact that you are still committing a sin. Thus don't look for comfort in such statement, but instead one should be in fear when saying something like that. Don't look at the "smallness of your sins" look at the greatness of the one you sin against.

Comment

• Whoever respects and honours you, has in reality neither respected nor honoured you, but he has respected and honoured the act of Divine Concealment (i.e. Allah's act of concealing your defects)

Comment

• "He who enters the grave without provisions (good deeds), has, as if, he started swimming across the ocean without a vessel." Abu Bakr radhiAllaahu 'anhu

Comment

Working...
                                X