No announcement yet.

food for thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibn Qudamah (rahimahumullah) once said that when one slanders you, you should be thankful that he spoke something about you which was untrue, for there are many blemishes on your account which are true which Allah hid from the world.
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• Umar Ibn Khattab (may Allah swt be pleased with him) said:

"I am not worried about whether my du'a will be responded to, but rather I am worrried about whether I will be able to make du'a or not. So if I have been guided by Allah to make du'a, then (I know) that the response will come with it"
          "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• One of the Salaaf said: "Beware of the life of this world because its magic is more effective than that of Harut and Marut. The two latter's separate a man from his wife whereas the life of this world separates a man from his Rabb."

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
              Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

"Love of Allah is a sweetness or pleasure that if you are without it, life becomes a thing of worries and of pain." - Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya rahimahullah
              Is this referring to loving Allah as a human being or Love from Allah? Do you know akhi
              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

Is this referring to loving Allah as a human being or Love from Allah? Do you know akhi
                Pretty sure it's loving Allah but Allahu alim

Comment

• "The Dunya is worthless to its Lord, and yet it belongs to Him. So it's not right that you value it so much, and it's not even yours!" (Yahya b. Mu'adh, Hilyat'l-Awliya', 14549)

Comment

• "This world is like a shadow, run after it and you will never be able to catch it, turn your back against it and it has no choice but to follow you."

~Ibn al-Qayyim

Comment

• "It doesn't mean that one shouldn't enjoy life, but that when one understands that the "complete happiness" they are looking for in this dunya doesn't exist here, then it becomes easier to go thru trials and to work for your akhirah."

~Sh. Muhammad Alshareef

Comment

• 'If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the thing you love, be persistent in doing the things He loves.'

~Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal rahimahullaah

Comment

Comment

Comment

• "Man's fear of Allah is equal to his knowledge of Him and his renunciation of worldly pleasures is equal to his desire in the Hereafter." - Fudayl bin `Iyyad (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X