No announcement yet.

food for thought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Yearning for Allah and His meeting is like the gentle breeze blowing upon the heart, extinguishing the blaze of the Dunya. Whosoever caused his heart to settle with his Lord shall be in a state, calm and tranquility, and whosoever sent it amongst the people shall be disturbed and excessively perturbed.” - Ibn al Qayyim al Jawziyyah
    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
    ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

• When you feel you cannot take it any more, complain to Him and Him alone, then wait patiently until he answers your supplication. Seek solace with the supplication of Yaqub (AS) over his son, Yusuf (AS), “Indeed I complain of my grief and sorrow only to Allah…” (Quran 12:86)
      The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.

Comment

• Umar Ibn Khattab (may Allah swt be pleased with him) said:

"I am not worried about whether my du'a will be responded to, but rather I am worrried about whether I will be able to make du'a or not. So if I have been guided by Allah to make du'a, then (I know) that the response will come with it"

Comment

• One of the Salaaf said: "Beware of the life of this world because its magic is more effective than that of Harut and Marut. The two latter's separate a man from his wife whereas the life of this world separates a man from his Rabb."

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
            Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

"Love of Allah is a sweetness or pleasure that if you are without it, life becomes a thing of worries and of pain." - Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya rahimahullah
            Is this referring to loving Allah as a human being or Love from Allah? Do you know akhi
            وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

Is this referring to loving Allah as a human being or Love from Allah? Do you know akhi
              Pretty sure it's loving Allah but Allahu alim

Comment

• "The Dunya is worthless to its Lord, and yet it belongs to Him. So it's not right that you value it so much, and it's not even yours!" (Yahya b. Mu'adh, Hilyat'l-Awliya', 14549)

Comment

• "This world is like a shadow, run after it and you will never be able to catch it, turn your back against it and it has no choice but to follow you."

~Ibn al-Qayyim

Comment

• "It doesn't mean that one shouldn't enjoy life, but that when one understands that the "complete happiness" they are looking for in this dunya doesn't exist here, then it becomes easier to go thru trials and to work for your akhirah."

~Sh. Muhammad Alshareef

Comment

• 'If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the thing you love, be persistent in doing the things He loves.'

~Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal rahimahullaah

Comment

• Thankfulness [shukr] is the conscious awareness of the fact that you are quite incapable of thankfulness.” - Abu ‘Uthman [al-Hiri]

Comment

• Hatim Al-Asam said, “Four things are not appreciated except by four types of people – youth is not appreciated but by the old, freedom from worries is not appreciated but by those afflicted with calamities, health is not appreciated but by those in poor health, and life is not appreciated but by the dead.”

Comment

• "Man's fear of Allah is equal to his knowledge of Him and his renunciation of worldly pleasures is equal to his desire in the Hereafter." - Fudayl bin `Iyyad (Rahimahullah)

Comment

• 'Urwah bin Az-Zubayr – may Allah have mercy on him – said:

"'Aa'ishah - may Allah be pleased with her - gave seventy thousand (dirhams) in charity, while her own skirt used to be patched."

- 'Abdullaah bin al-Mubaarak in Az-Zuhd wa Ar-Raqaa'iq 1/588, #705

Comment

• In Islam, sickness is a cure for your ailing soul, while riches and good can destroy your akhira goal!

But what matters is loyalty and consistency, while the fire surrounds you and your dime from all sides, and poor health causes self-reflection, a bad mindset can leave you the biggest loser in any life circumstance.

For the clean soul can be a king or impoverished and still recognize the temporal signs in his lot.

-Me (Laila)
                                وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                                X