No announcement yet.

food for thought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you feel you cannot take it any more, complain to Him and Him alone, then wait patiently until he answers your supplication. Seek solace with the supplication of Yaqub (AS) over his son, Yusuf (AS), “Indeed I complain of my grief and sorrow only to Allah…” (Quran 12:86)
    “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

Comment

• Al Awza'i: Whoever remembers death often will find a small amount enough for him and whoever includes his speech in his deeds will speak little.
      “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

Comment

• Umar Ibn Khattab (may Allah swt be pleased with him) said:

"I am not worried about whether my du'a will be responded to, but rather I am worrried about whether I will be able to make du'a or not. So if I have been guided by Allah to make du'a, then (I know) that the response will come with it"

Comment

• One of the Salaaf said: "Beware of the life of this world because its magic is more effective than that of Harut and Marut. The two latter's separate a man from his wife whereas the life of this world separates a man from his Rabb."

Comment

• "The Dunya is worthless to its Lord, and yet it belongs to Him. So it's not right that you value it so much, and it's not even yours!" (Yahya b. Mu'adh, Hilyat'l-Awliya', 14549)

Comment

• "This world is like a shadow, run after it and you will never be able to catch it, turn your back against it and it has no choice but to follow you."

~Ibn al-Qayyim

Comment

• " Hearts are like cooking pots. They boil whatever is in them. And the scooping spoons of these pots, are the tongue. Henceforth, look to a person whenever he speaks. For sure, his tongue will scoop up for you what is simmering in his heart; whether it's something sweet or sour, fresh or stale. "

~Ibn al- Qayyim

Comment

• Imam ash-Shaafi`ee - rahimahullaah - said:

"When it comes to my provisions, I rely upon Allah, my Creator; And I know with certainty that He will no doubt provide for me. Whatever’s in my due, will not pass me by, Even if it were to be in the depths of the sea. Allah the Exalted will bring it forth by His Grace, Even if I were to remain silent over it. So, what... can a soul feel sorrow over, When the Most Merciful has set the provisions of the creation?"

Comment

• “Thankfulness [shukr] is the conscious awareness of the fact that you are quite incapable of thankfulness.” - Abu ‘Uthman [al-Hiri]

Comment

• 'Urwah bin Az-Zubayr – may Allah have mercy on him – said:

"'Aa'ishah - may Allah be pleased with her - gave seventy thousand (dirhams) in charity, while her own skirt used to be patched."

- 'Abdullaah bin al-Mubaarak in Az-Zuhd wa Ar-Raqaa'iq 1/588, #705

Comment

• “I never saw a better admonisher than the grave, or anything more satisfying than a book, or anything safer than lack of socialization.” - ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abd al-’Aziz bin ‘Umar bin ‘Abd al-’Aziz

Comment

• "All Muslims should be in the real estate business, trying to purchase as many palaces in Jannah as possible."

- Yawar Baig

Comment

• While you are reading this sentence, thousands of chemicals react in your eyes. Each of them, much more complex then you can imagine.More complex then the screen you are gazing at. Of course a Hi-Tech company built your screen, then who built your eyes?

Comment

• "If a man seeks knowledge, it will appear in his face, hands an tongue and in his humility to Allah." - Hassan Al-Basri

Comment

• “Do not resent the calamities that come and the disasters that occur; perhaps in something that you dislike will be your salvation, and perhaps in something that you prefer will be your doom.”- Hassan al Basri

Comment

Working...
                                X