No announcement yet.

food for thought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.” ~ Ibn al-Qayyim
    “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

Comment

• Imam ash-Shaafi`ee - rahimahullaah - said:

"When it comes to my provisions, I rely upon Allah, my Creator; And I know with certainty that He will no doubt provide for me. Whatever’s in my due, will not pass me by, Even if it were to be in the depths of the sea. Allah the Exalted will bring it forth by His Grace, Even if I were to remain silent over it. So, what... can a soul feel sorrow over, When the Most Merciful has set the provisions of the creation?"
      “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

Comment

• Said one of the zuhhåd: "I can never imagine that someone could hear about Paradise and Hellfire and can still waste an hour without performing any act of obedience to Allaah; neither remembrance, prayer, reciting Quraan nor an act of charity or kindness.”

Someone said to him: "I weep profusely."

He replied: “That you laugh while confessing your sin is better than weeping yet being puffed-up with pride because of your deeds. For the deeds of a conceited person will never rise above his head.”

The person then requested: "Please counsel me."

So he replied: “Leave the world to those who hanker after it, as they leave the Afterlife to its seekers. And be in this world as the bee: it eats only good, produces only good, and when it rests upon anything it neither ruins it nor deflowers it.

Al Fawaa-id, Ibn al Qayyim al Jawziyyah (rahimahullaah), Pg.187

Comment

• 'Urwah bin Az-Zubayr – may Allah have mercy on him – said:

"'Aa'ishah - may Allah be pleased with her - gave seventy thousand (dirhams) in charity, while her own skirt used to be patched."

- 'Abdullaah bin al-Mubaarak in Az-Zuhd wa Ar-Raqaa'iq 1/588, #705

Comment

• Whoever proposes to the world, then the world would not be satisfied until he gave up his Deen as dowry.
            [Malik bin Dinar]

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
              The sahaba used to do the sunnah because it was sunnah, we leave the sunnah because it is sunnah- Marwa Saad
              In other words... We leave belittle the Sunnah and leave it, we dont give it due importance.

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

جزاك الله خيرا akhi
              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

'Urwah bin Az-Zubayr – may Allah have mercy on him – said:

"'Aa'ishah - may Allah be pleased with her - gave seventy thousand (dirhams) in charity, while her own skirt used to be patched."

- 'Abdullaah bin al-Mubaarak in Az-Zuhd wa Ar-Raqaa'iq 1/588, #705
                سبحان الله what a level of Taqwa she had,

Allah عز و جل describes such people ...

Al-Hashr : Ayah 9

وَالَّذِیۡنَ تَبَوَّؤُ الدَّارَ وَالۡاِیۡمَانَ مِنۡ قَبۡلِہِمۡ یُحِبُّوۡنَ مَنۡ ہَاجَرَ اِلَیۡہِمۡ وَلَا یَجِدُوۡنَ فِیۡ صُدُوۡرِہِمۡ حَاجَۃً مِّمَّاۤ اُوۡتُوۡا وَیُؤۡثِرُوۡنَ عَلٰۤی اَنۡفُسِہِمۡ وَلَوۡ کَانَ بِہِمۡ خَصَاصَۃٌ ؕ۟  وَمَنۡ یُّوۡقَ شُحَّ نَفۡسِہٖ فَاُولٰٓئِکَ ہُمُ الۡمُفۡلِحُوۡنَ ۚ

And those who, before them, had homes (in Al-Madinah) and had adopted the Faith, love those who emigrate to them, and have no jealousy in their breasts for that which they have been given (from the booty of Bani An-Nadir), and give them (emigrants) preference over themselves, even though they were in need of that. And whosoever is saved from his own covetousness, such are they who will be the successful.

Its one thing to give when you have the means, and another level entirely, when you give but your in need yourself.

May Allah عز و جل elevate the status of such people in Dunya and Akhira.

آمين يا رب العالمين

Comment

• Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

سبحان الله what a level of Taqwa she had,

Allah عز و جل describes such people ...

Al-Hashr : Ayah 9

وَالَّذِیۡنَ تَبَوَّؤُ الدَّارَ وَالۡاِیۡمَانَ مِنۡ قَبۡلِہِمۡ یُحِبُّوۡنَ مَنۡ ہَاجَرَ اِلَیۡہِمۡ وَلَا یَجِدُوۡنَ فِیۡ صُدُوۡرِہِمۡ حَاجَۃً مِّمَّاۤ اُوۡتُوۡا وَیُؤۡثِرُوۡنَ عَلٰۤی اَنۡفُسِہِمۡ وَلَوۡ کَانَ بِہِمۡ خَصَاصَۃٌ ؕ۟  وَمَنۡ یُّوۡقَ شُحَّ نَفۡسِہٖ فَاُولٰٓئِکَ ہُمُ الۡمُفۡلِحُوۡنَ ۚ

And those who, before them, had homes (in Al-Madinah) and had adopted the Faith, love those who emigrate to them, and have no jealousy in their breasts for that which they have been given (from the booty of Bani An-Nadir), and give them (emigrants) preference over themselves, even though they were in need of that. And whosoever is saved from his own covetousness, such are they who will be the successful.

Its one thing to give when you have the means, and another level entirely, when you give but your in need yourself.

May Allah عز و جل elevate the status of such people in Dunya and Akhira.

آمين يا رب العالمين
                  May Allah have mercy on our mother and all the sahaba

Comment

May Allah have mercy on our mother and all the sahaba
                    آمين يا رب العالمين

And may allah azzawajal destroy anyone who abuses them

آمين يا رب العالمين

Comment

• All Muslims should be in the real estate business, trying to purchase as many palaces in Jannah as possible."

- Yawar Baig

Comment

• Sunnah Trips Presents YOUR JOURNEY FULL OF KNOWLEDGE

Umrah - October - November 2018 - 10 DAYS TOUR GUIDED UMRAH PACKAGE FOR £1,199.99 PER PERSON!!!

Dates
                        From; 22nd October 2018
                        To: 1st November 2018

Flight:
                        Royal Jordanian Airlines

Transit;
                        Heathrow --> Amman (1hr 1/2)
                        Amman --> Madinah Airport

Jeddah --> Amman (2 hrs)
                        Amman --> Heathrow

Includes

5* Hotels (inc Breakfast buffet) Makkah & Madinah - VERY CLOSE TO THE HARAMAYN!

Ground Transport

Visa inc and Processing

Ziyarah (Makkah & Madinah)

1 Religious Tour guide - Shaykh Abdul Hakim Hassan

Return Flights

Visit to the Islamic University of Madinah - Meeting students and teachers

Private Gatherings With SCHOLARS

PRIVATE VIP ACCESS TO THE RAWDAH FOR MEN!

STUDYING OF CLASSICAL BOOKS

and much more!!!

*FROM ONLY £ 1,199.99* (per person)

Secure Your Place On This Umrah Trip By Contacting 'Sunnah Trips' On The Info Below:
                        Web: www.sunnahtrips.com
                        Email: [email protected]
                        Instagram: @sunnahtrips
                        Youtube: Sunnah Trips
                        Phone: +447532773011

CHECK OUT OUR PREVIOUS UMRAH ON THE FOLLOWING LINK: BIGGEST YOUTH UMRAH 2018 -
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZp4St9sBLs

Comment

• "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• While you are reading this sentence, thousands of chemicals react in your eyes. Each of them, much more complex then you can imagine.More complex then the screen you are gazing at. Of course a, Hi-Tech company built your screen, then who built your eyes?"

Comment

• "If a man seeks knowledge, it will appear in his face, hands an tongue and in his humility to Allah." - Hassan Al-Basri

Comment

• “Do not resent the calamities that come and the disasters that occur; perhaps in something that you dislike will be your salvation, and perhaps in something that you prefer will be your doom.”- Hassan al Basri

Comment

Working...
                                X