No announcement yet.

food for thought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “When we wake up in the morning, we have two simple choices. Go back to sleep and dream, or wake up and chase those dreams
    What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked Allah for yesterday?

We worry about tomorrow as if its guaranteed

Comment

• Imam al-Shafi' in his final sickness said:
      When my heart was hardened
      and my courses constrained
      I made my hope a stairway
      to Your forgiveness
      My sin burdened me heavily,
      but when I measured it
      by Your forgiveness
      Lord,
      Your forgiveness was the greater.

Comment

• All humans are dead except those who have knowledge; and all those
        who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds; and
        those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere;
        and those who are sincere are always in a state of worry.
        - Imam Shafi (rahimullah)

Comment

• You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

- Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

• Ibn Qudamah (rahimahumullah) once said that when one slanders you, you should be thankful that he spoke something about you which was untrue, for there are many blemishes on your account which are true which Allah hid from the world.

Comment

• “Yearning for Allah and His meeting is like the gentle breeze blowing upon the heart, extinguishing the blaze of the Dunya. Whosoever caused his heart to settle with his Lord shall be in a state, calm and tranquility, and whosoever sent it amongst the people shall be disturbed and excessively perturbed.” - Ibn al Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Comment

• Asalamu alaikum rahmatullah wa barakatu

When you feel you cannot take it any more, complain to Him and Him alone, then wait patiently until he answers your supplication. Seek solace with the supplication of Yaqub (AS) over his son, Yusuf (AS), “Indeed I complain of my grief and sorrow only to Allah…” (Quran 12:86)

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

“Yearning for Allah and His meeting is like the gentle breeze blowing upon the heart, extinguishing the blaze of the Dunya. Whosoever caused his heart to settle with his Lord shall be in a state, calm and tranquility, and whosoever sent it amongst the people shall be disturbed and excessively perturbed.” - Ibn al Qayyim al Jawziyyah
                  This reminds me of the state people get into when they listen to music. It really disrupts you from that tranquil state brought about by 5 daily salaat. Imagine if people (including myself) just stuck by doing their daily salat and only listened to qur'an and read only good things. This would spread to other good actions, including treatment of others. Perhaps we'd even have a just Muslim world.

Sorry just rambling.
                  وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Abu Darda said: "Three make me laugh. Those that make me laugh are a person who puts his hopes in this worldly life while death pursues him, a person who is heedless of Allah while Allah is not heedless of him, and a person who always laughs while he does not know whether he has pleased Allah or angered Him." (Collected by Ibn Al Mubarak)

Comment

• Umar Ibn khatab said

"I am not worried about whether my du'a will be responded to, but rather I am worrried about whether I will be able to make du'a or not. So if I have been guided by Allah to make du'a, then (I know) that the response will come with it"

Comment

• Fakhri
                        Fakhri commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Jaza'aakallah khair.

• One of the Salaaf said: "Beware of the life of this world because its magic is more effective than that of Harut and Marut. The two latter's separate a man from his wife whereas the life of this world separates a man from his Rabb."

Comment

• The Dunya is worthless to its Lord, and yet it belongs to Him. So it's not right that you value it so much, and it's not even yours!" (Yahya b. Mu'adh, Hilyat'l-Awliya', 14549)

Comment

• There is no Muslim who supplicates to Allah without sin or cutting family ties in it but that Allah will give him one of three answers: he will hasten fulfillment of his supplication, he will store it for him in the Hereafter, or he will divert an evil from him similar to it.

Source: Musnad Aḥmad 10749, Grade: Sahih

Comment

• "This world is like a shadow, run after it and you will never be able to catch it, turn your back against it and it has no choice but to follow you."

~Ibn al-Qayyim

Comment

• "It doesn't mean that one shouldn't enjoy life, but that when one understands that the "complete happiness" they are looking for in this dunya doesn't exist here, then it becomes easier to go thru trials and to work for your akhirah."

~Sh. Muhammad Alshareef

Comment

Working...
                              X