food for thought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• food for thought

The sahaba used to do the sunnah because it was sunnah, we leave the sunnah because it is sunnah- Marwa Saad
    What is given to dunya is lost forever

Re: food for thought

:jkk:
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

I dont understand?
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
        I dont understand?
        As in the sahaba were eager to emulate the prophet :saw: as closely as possible, where as people of today see the action as 'sunnah' hence not obligatory and find an excuse to leave it
        ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
        "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
        :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
          As in the sahaba were eager to emulate the prophet :saw: as closely as possible, where as people of today see the action as 'sunnah' hence not obligatory and find an excuse to leave it
          Ohhh all this time i thought it was food related
          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

More food for thought, I posted this in another thread but since it's good reminder I figure it would fit in well here. Something to think about any way

"What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?"

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pykD9XibZhA

Anyway I don't think the takwa of the sahaba can be compared.
              Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

Comment

I heard Ahmad Musa Jibril quote from the Quran I think that we will have NO faith till we do what the Prophet SAW said.

That sounds like everything the Prophet SAW commanded or did is fardh. And that it is kufr not to do sunnah :/ so I doomed.. Oh well I will try my best..
                La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
                (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
                Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

"Beware of every hour and how it passes, and only spend it in the best possible way, do not neglect yourself, but render it accustomed to the noblest and best of actions, and send to your grave that which will please you when you arrive to it." [Imam Ibn Al-Jawzee]

Comment

Once Umar (Radi Allahu Anhu) said to Al-Ahnaf bin Qais (Radi Allahu Anhu):

“Oh Ahnaf, the more one laughs, the less dignity will he possess.
                    Whoever jokes (excessively) is a person who will be taken lightly.
                    Whoever does something frequently will known by that thing.
                    Whoever speaks often, errs often; the more often one errs, the less modesty he will possess; Whomever has a low level of modesty will also have a low level of piety; and when one has a low level of piety, then his heart dies.”
                    When advising another man, Umar (Radi Allahu Anhu) said,

“Do not speak about that which does not concern you.
                    Know your enemy and be wary of your friend, except for the trustworthy one. And no one is trustworthy, except for the person who fears Allah.
                    Do not walk with the evildoer, lest he teaches you some of his evil; and do not reveal your secrets to him.
                    And when you consult others in your affairs, consult only those who fear Allah ‘Azza wa jall.”

(Sifatus-Safwah 1/149)

Comment

"If [a person going through a calamity] looks at what has befallen him, he will find that what his Lord has left for him is similar to it or better than it; and if he is patient and accepts it, He has stored up for him something that is many times greater than what he has lost through this calamity; and if He willed, He could have made the calamity even greater.— Ibn al-Qayyim

Comment

"We live in a strange world where the poor walk miles to get food,

and the rich walk miles to digest food."

- Mufti Ismail Menk

Comment

Veey nice and interesting.

Comment

Inform Him of what is in your heart but know that He Knows. He Knew what was, what is, and what will be, in this universe and in those chambers of your heart, those paths through your soul. But call out to Him and beseech Him because just as you love to be heard, He loves to be called. Just as you love to be given, He loves to be asked. Just as you love to be forgiven, He loves to grant you that forgiveness. He is your Lord, Maker, and Protector, and He is close to you. Know Him and strengthen your bond and connection with Him because nobody, absolutely nobody will be there for you as much as He is there and will always be there…

Comment

THE TOP 10 RICHEST PEOPLE ON EARTH

10. Mukesh Ambani- Net Worth: $27.0 Billion.

9. Eike Batista- Net Worth: $30.0 Billion.

8. Amancio Ortega- Net Worth: $31.0 Billion.

7. Lakhsmi Mittal- Net Worth: $31.1 Billion.

6. Lawrence Ellison- Net Worth: $39.5 Billion.

5. Bernard Arnault- Net Worth: $41.0 Billion.

4. Warren Buffett- Net Worth: $50.0 Billion.

3. Bill Gates- Net Worth: $56.0 Billion.

2. Carlos Slim Helu- Net Worth: $74.0 Billion.

1. The ONE who prays the two rak'ah Sunnah of Fajr.

The Messenger peace be upon him said:
                              "The two rak'ah of the Fajar prayer are better
                              than this World and ALL it contains.''
                              [Sahih Muslim]
                              Disclaimer list of richest people may not be up to date

Comment

Working...
                              X