Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joking about islam and falling into kufr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joking about islam and falling into kufr?

For all those who look at someones beard and says they look like an extremist and sees a niqabi and calls her a post box Itaqillah azza wa jal.. even if it is as a joke.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T4GLd0vBEVo&feature=youtu.be - Mocking Muslims and Islam - Ahmad Musa Jibril

This was in response to a question about (Muslims) who sit and joke or mock Islamic matters like Hijab, Niqab, beards and other rituals, sunnah's and wajibs.
    It will show you how dangerous that matter is.
    May Allah swt protect us all
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Re: Joking about islam and falling into kufr?

Yh thats true, people joke about these things here, also you get 'islamic' jokes and many times these become mocking because it is designed to be laughed at.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

“If you ask them (about this), they declare: ‘We were only talking idly and joking.’ Say: ‘Was it at Allaah, and His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger that you were mocking?’

Make no excuse; you disbelieved after you had believed…”

[al-Tawbah 9:65-66]

Those people were guilty of kufr who said of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his companions, “We have never seen any people who love their stomachs more or tell more lies or are more cowardly in battle than these Qur’aan-readers.” This was narrated by Ibn Jareer in his Tafseer (10/172) with a jayyid isnaad via Hishaam ibn Sa’d from Zayd ibn Aslam from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar, who said: “During the campaign of Tabook, a man said in a gathering, ‘We have never seen any people who love their stomachs more or tell more lies or are more cowardly in battle than these Qur’aan-readers.’ Another man who was present said, ‘You are lying, and you are a hypocrite. I will most certainly tell the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about this. He conveyed that to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and Qur’aan was revealed.’” Then ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar said: “I saw him hanging on to the saddle-bag of the camel of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), stumbling on the rocks and saying, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, we were only talking idly and joking!’ and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was saying, ‘Was it at Allaah, and His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger that you were mocking? Make no excuse; you disbelieved after you had believed!’”

The apparent meaning of the aayah is that they were believers prior to that, but then they became kaafirs by mocking that which they knew that it was haraam to mock, but they did not think that this was kufr.

Comment

Is this the video you were trying to post? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4GLd0vBEVo

:jkk: for the reminder. We shouldn't even joke jokingly.

Btw people should actually watch the video. The whole video.
        Narrated Anas:
        The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

It's really scary, especially when it's so common on social media.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah~S View Post
            yeah these hijabi memes are getting kinda old now.

Comment

Yh it was :jkk:

Originally posted by Muslimah~S View Post
              Yeah, too common. Sometimes people are even mocking extremists but what they dont realise is that sometimes what they do is correct like the beard example I gave in the OP.
              [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

What about when people joke like..I dunno like you know a lot of time muslim speakers or even people in general their intention isn't to mock Islam but sometimes they will use Allah's name in a 'humorous sentence' to get a point across and people will laugh, is it okay? For some reason, to me it seems a bit disrespectful to laugh at something which Allah's name is used in regardless of the context of what is being said. I can't explain properly :crying2:

Like for example someone was trying to make a good point saying we shouldn't blame Allah for things we make our own decisions on.

for example purposes only:

Person talking gives example, "Someone tells me, God didn't guide me to Islam, so why should I have to go to hell?"
                To prove a point Person talking says, "Allah made me go to the party, it's not my fault!"
                Person talking then says, "so I ask them, you're blaming Allah for all your actions."
                Person talking 'hits other person with water bottle (to prove a point) and then says "God made me hit you with the water bottle, it's not my fault"
                And then people laugh.

Basically a lot of muslim people will have humor in their dawah. lol I hope i'm being understood properly. Is this okay? To have humor and utter Allah's name in the same sentence?
                Last edited by ninety1daisies; 26-02-16, 08:50 AM.
                Indeed we belong to Allah,
                and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

[MENTION=134214]ninety1daisies[/MENTION] I dont think its allowed as there is a hadith saying that lying even as a joke is haram. I don't know if one would fall into kufr for this.. but it's best to keep your iman safe

Comment

This is something that scares me. I'm terrified of saying something unaware of it's seriousness and leave the Deen as a result.
                    In my country people crack jokes incessantly and a lot of reverts here come into the Deen thinking it's ok to crack jokes about Muslims and sometimes Islam. I've warned them it could be kufr but they still carry on doing it. I don't really know how to handle this
                    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
                      [MENTION=134214]ninety1daisies[/MENTION] I dont think its allowed as there is a hadith saying that lying even as a joke is haram. I don't know if one would fall into kufr for this.. but it's best to keep your iman safe
                      Yes you are probably right. Whenever such situations arise, and I feel the urge to laugh as everyone else is-I get a feeling of guilt. So at that moment something in my soul tells me it's not right to laugh when Allah's name is being used even in light humor- regardless of context.

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                      This is something that scares me. I'm terrified of saying something unaware of it's seriousness and leave the Deen as a result.
                      In my country people crack jokes incessantly and a lot of reverts here come into the Deen thinking it's ok to crack jokes about Muslims and sometimes Islam. I've warned them it could be kufr but they still carry on doing it. I don't really know how to handle this
                      May Allah guide us and forgive us. Ameen.
                      Indeed we belong to Allah,
                      and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

Bump
                        This is a really serious matter people need to be aware of
                        "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

It makes me angry when these nasheed dudes sing about Allah like he is some romantic partner. astaghfurAllah.

Comment

it depends on how and what you are joking.

Mocking the Fundamentals; Allah (SWT) Prophet Muhammmed (SAW) or any other prophets, Quran, Hadhith is kufur.
                            Lying is forbidden and against Islam is a big sin...probably kufur.... what am I saying? It IS KUFUR.

Mocking the Sunnah is also kufur, but regarding sunnah some people are very ignorant about the bread, Niqaab and so on so can't label them as such. Such a person should be warned an informed. If he persist then you all know what he is.
                            Last edited by Mohamed Mifxal; 27-02-16, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X