The Story of Three Trees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Story of Three Trees

Once upon a time, there were three big trees growing in a grassland close to a small fishing town. The first tree, a huge pine, prayed to God hoping that he will someday be cut down and the wood be used as treasure box that stores golden coins and has very beautiful cravings on the body. The second tree, a huge oak, prayed to God hoping that someday, his wood would be used to build a very strong ship that will help kings of large empires cross the ocean without any trouble, even during the hardest storm. The third tree, a large banyan tree, prayed to God that he will grow big and tall enough that he will be closer to the sky and to God.

Someday, wood cutters arrived and began cutting down these trees. The first tree was felled and the wood was cut into pieces. Unfortunately enough, the pine tree, who hoped that he will be used to build treasure box, was instead be used to build ordinary looking cart pulled by horses to transport straws. The pine tree was heartbroken. The second tree, the huge oak was also felled. The oak tree was cut into pieces and was sent to a shipyard. The oak tree was very excited. However, the tree was transformed into a small, ugly looking fishing canoe used by fishermen to catch fishes. The large oak was heartbroken. The third tree, the large banyan tree was felled because the people wanted to make a building on the place that the large banyan tree used to grow. The banyan cried because he thought its impossible to achieve his dream anymore, and the tree was cut into small pieces.

Moments passed by, long enough that these trees forgot their dreams. Suddenly, at the place these trees used to grow, there were big storms that cut the access of the small fishing town located close to the field the tree trees used to grow. The people needed food from a large city pretty far away from the town, but the only cart that survived the storm was the one made of the wood from the large pine tree. The cart were used to transport valuable goods to save the population of the small town. By this time, the pine tree realized that he achieved his dream. He was carrying very valuable items for the people, and when the cart arrived people cheered happily as if they were happy looking at a beautiful treasure box. A second storm appeared a few moments later and the people began panicking again. A cleric quickly boarded the small canoe that was made from the oak tree, sailed to the ocean and prayed to God to save the small town. Miraculously, the storm headed away from the town. By this time, the oak tree realized that he was just carried a very important person, more important than a king, that has saved the small fishing town he used to grow at. The people cheered happily at the cleric who has just saved the town, and to commemorate it, a small mosque was built on a hill overlooking the small fishing town. They were on shortage of woods, so the banyan tree was used to create the mosque. By this time, the banyan tree realized that he's now further closer to the sky and to God, that he was used to build places where people can pray and get close to God.

Moral of the Story:

No matter what circumstances are happening to you, no matter how bad things are going for you, and no matter how different is your condition to the one you're currently praying for, Allah always have the best choice for you. It is just you that cannot see the "goodness" behind all these plans.

واذ يمكر بك الذين كفروا ليثبتوك او يقتلوك او يخرجوك ويمكرون ويمكر الله والله خير الماكرين Al Anfal: 30

And [remember, O Muhammad], when those who disbelieved plotted against you to restrain you or kill you or evict you [from Makkah]. But they plan, and Allah plans. And Allah is the best of planners.

Keep praying to Allah and dont lose hope. There are always hopes for those who continue to pray.

واذا سالك عبادي عني فاني قريب اجيب دعوة الداع اذا دعان فليستجيبوا لي وليؤمنوا بي لعلهم يرشدون Al Baqarah: 186

And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me - indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided.

Re: The Story of Three Trees

Man that is a deep lesson subhanAllah,

jazakAllahu khairan katheeran

Comment

:jkk: for sharing

Comment

Why would the cleric have to go to the ocean to pray to God? He didn't save the town Allah did. And anyone could have made that du'a.

I like the moral of the story though.
        Narrated Anas:
        The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

thanks for the positive feedback guys, really appreaciate it

Comment

Working...
          X