No announcement yet.

Mockery, sarcasm and debasing Muslims.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mockery, sarcasm and debasing Muslims.

Mockery, sarcasm and debasing Muslims.

It is evil enough for a Muslim to misuse his tongue, by indulging in mockery, sarcasm, debasing Muslims, scoffing etc. Mockery is to highlight someone's weaknesses and faults, in such a way that it is laughed at. This could either be by statement, or action. These and other related characteristics, like irony, taunting, scoffing, etc. are all prohibited in Islam.

Allah, the Glorious said:

"O you who believe! Let not a group mock at another group, it may be that the latter is better than the former, nor let some women mock at other women, it maybe that the latter are better than the former.. " [Al-Hujuraat 43:11]

This is because, in most cases, it is used to debase the person that is mocked at. The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:

"...It is only evil that causes a man to debase his Muslim brother..." [Muslim]

Afflicting a Muslim with the Tongue

Compiled by Imraan Hussein
    @F_R
    "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

" How can the one who chooses a hour of Haraam pleasure, above the eternal pleasure of Jannah, ever be considered as sane? "
    -Ibn Al Qayyim

Beneficial Database of Islamic Books and Media: www.Islamhouse.com
    Interested in Islam : www.islamreligion.com ; www.islam-guide.com

Re: Mockery, sarcasm and debasing Muslims.

:brf: akhi
    However why did you mention sister fr .
    Ya Allah,
    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

Working...
    X