Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heart softening stories/reminders

:salams

Often on Ummah forum we get complacent and busy our times with a lot of chit chatter which once in a while is okay. But let us share some beaufitul reminders and stories to motivate each other in the deen and to raise our spirits. I find myself benefitting alot from stories of pious people as I can relate to them and keep them as my role model.

Amazing story of Malik ibn deenar and the burglar:

A burglar scaled the wall of Maalik bin Dinar's house one night and easily managed to get inside. Once inside the house, the thief was disappointed to see that there was nothing inside actually worth stealing. The owner of the home was inside at the time, he was busy performing prayer. Realizing that he was not alone, Maalik quickly ended his prayer and turned around to face the thief. Without showing any sign of being shocked or afraid, Maalik calmly extended greetings of peace and then said, "My brother, may Allah forgive you. You entered my home and found nothing that is worth taking, yet I do not want you to leave my home without taking away some benefit."

He stood up, went to another part of the room, and came back with a jug full of water. He looked into the eyes of the burglar and said, "Make ablution and perform two units of prayer, for if you do so, you will leave my home with a greater treasure than you had initially sought when you entered it."

Much humbled by Maalik's manners and words, the thief said, "Yes, that is a generous offer indeed."

After making ablution and performing two units of prayer, the burglar said, "O Maalik, would you mind if I stayed for a while, for I want to stay to perform two more units of prayer?"

Maalik said, "Stay for whatever amount of prayer Allah decrees for you to perform now."

The thief ended up spending the entire night at Maalik's house. He continued to pray until the morning. Then Maalik said, "Leave now and be good."

But instead of leaving, the thief said, "Would you mind if I stayed here with you today, for I have made an intention to fast the day?"

"Stay as long as you wish," said Maalik.

The burglar ended up staying for a number of days, praying during the late hours of each night and fasting throughout the duration of each day. When he finally decided to leave, the burglar said, "O Maalik, I have made a firm resolve to repent for my sins and for my former way of life."

Maalik said, "Indeed, that is in the Hand of Allah."

The man did mend his ways and began to lead a life of righteousness and obedience to Allah. Later on, He came across another burglar he knew. [His friend] said to him, "Have you found your treasure yet?"

He said, "My brother, what I found is Maalik bin Dinaar. I went to steal from him, but it was he who ended up stealing my heart. I have indeed repented to Allah, and I will remain at the door [of His Mercy and Forgiveness] until I achieve what his obedient, loving slaves have achieved."

[al-Mawaa'idh wal-Majaalis: 85]

Re: heart softening stories/reminders

once upon a time.....

You're the jelly to my burger, the knife to my soup, the glitter to my sushi, and the ketchup to my ice cream. My point is, you're useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Romero123 View Post
      once upon a time.....

You're the jelly to my burger, the knife to my soup, the glitter to my sushi, and the ketchup to my ice cream. My point is, you're useless.
      -_- I applaude your attempt of a meaningful story but we want something that will benefit and serve as a reminder.

Jzk

Comment

jazakhallahu khairan.
        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
        [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Sa'eed bin Ayman, the freed slave of Ka'b bin Sur, said, "While the Messenger of Allah was speaking to his companions, a poor man came and sat down beside a rich man. From his movement, it seemed as if the rich man were moving his garment away so that the poor man wouldn't touch it. The Messenger of Allah's [color] changed [from anger], and he said:

"O so-and-so! Were you afraid that your richness would transfer to him, or that his poverty would transfer to you?"

"And is richness evil?" asked the rich man.

The Prophet said, "Yes, for your richness invites you to the Hell-fire, while his poverty invites him to Paradise."

The rich man asked, "Then how can I save myself from that?"

The Prophet answered, "Comfort him with some of it."

The rich man said, "I will do so then."

The poor man then spoke, "I am in no need of it."

The Prophet said, "Then ask Allah to forgive your brother, and supplicate for him."

Comment

Amazing!

THE NOBLE QURAN

One year, when al-Asma'i was on his way to perform hajj, a bedouin carrying a large sword and a long spear confronted him. It was quite obvious that he was a highway robber. He came near al-Asma'i and instead of fleeing or attempting to escape, al-Asma'i drew nearer to him. He extended greetings of peace to the robber. The latter responded and then asked, "Where are you from?"

"I am a poor man on a journey," was al-Asma'i's reply.

"Do you have anything with you?" asked the robber.

"Yes, I have with me the Quran," answered al-Asma'i.

"And what is the Quran?" asked the robber.

"It is the speech of Allah 'Azza wa Jall," said al-Asma'i.

"And does Allah have speech?"

"Yes," replied al-Asma'i.

"Then let me hear some of His speech," said the robber.

Al-Asma'i recited the following verse:

وَفِي السَّمَاء رِزْقُكُمْ وَمَا تُوعَدُونَ

And in the heaven is your provision, and that which you are promised

[adh-Dhaariyaat : 22]

When the robber heard these words, he began to cry, and threw down his sword and spear, and said, "Perish the highway robber, who seeks sustenence on the Earth, when it is really in the heavens!"

Al-Asma'i was very much pleased to see the quick transformation of the robber. On the following year, when al-Asma'i went to perform Hajj again, he saw the former robber- whose face now had the signs of faith written on it- clinging to the curtain of the Kaa'ba. It was late in the night and he was saying, "O my Lord, the eyes are sleeping and every loved one is with his beloved. The gates of all kings are now closed, but Your gate is open to those who ask of You. Would that I knew whether You accepted this night of worship from me..."

Comment

[MENTION=3]sajid[/MENTION] [MENTION=69555] Jennica[/MENTION] [MENTION=30830]Pippin1376[/MENTION] [MENTION=87885]Meriadoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=47843]samin62[/MENTION] [MENTION=4080]Yassar[/MENTION]

Someone move this to the reminders section, would be very beneficial insha allah.

Comment

BROUGHT ME TO THEM SO THAT I CAN REFORM MY CHARACTER..

Al-Fudayl bin Iyaad was famous for his piety and worship, but he was not always a practicing Muslim. In his early years, al-Fudayl was an infamous highway robber; he would prowl in the night for victims on the road from Abiward to Sarakhs. Between these two cities was a small village in which lived a girl that al-Fudayl was in love with. One night, out of desperation to be with her, al-Fudayl climbed the wall of her home. As he was climbing over it, he heard a voice recite:

أَلَمْ يَأْنِ لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَنْ تَخْشَعَ قُلُوبُهُمْ لِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ

Has not the time come for the hearts of those who believe to be affected by Allah's Reminder?

[al-Hadeed : 16]

At that moment, al-Fudayl answered, "O my Lord, the time has indeed come." He returned from where he came and sought refuge near a traveling party on the main road. They were busy engaging in a serious discussion. al-Fudayl heard one of them say, "Let us continue our journey now." Another answered, "No, not until the morning, for al-Fudayl is lurking on the road somewhere out there, just waiting to rob us."

Having heard the entire conversation, al-Fudayl thought to himself, "I go around in the night to sin, while a group of Muslims remain here because they fear me. Indeed i feel that Allah has brought me here to them only so that I can reform my character. O Allah, I indeed repent to you.."

Comment

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
                  BROUGHT ME TO THEM SO THAT I CAN REFORM MY CHARACTER..

Al-Fudayl bin Iyaad was famous for his piety and worship, but he was not always a practicing Muslim. In his early years, al-Fudayl was an infamous highway robber; he would prowl in the night for victims on the road from Abiward to Sarakhs. Between these two cities was a small village in which lived a girl that al-Fudayl was in love with. One night, out of desperation to be with her, al-Fudayl climbed the wall of her home. As he was climbing over it, he heard a voice recite:

أَلَمْ يَأْنِ لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَنْ تَخْشَعَ قُلُوبُهُمْ لِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ

Has not the time come for the hearts of those who believe to be affected by Allah's Reminder?

[al-Hadeed : 16]

At that moment, al-Fudayl answered, "O my Lord, the time has indeed come." He returned from where he came and sought refuge near a traveling party on the main road. They were busy engaging in a serious discussion. al-Fudayl heard one of them say, "Let us continue our journey now." Another answered, "No, not until the morning, for al-Fudayl is lurking on the road somewhere out there, just waiting to rob us."

Having heard the entire conversation, al-Fudayl thought to himself, "I go around in the night to sin, while a group of Muslims remain here because they fear me. Indeed i feel that Allah has brought me here to them only so that I can reform my character. O Allah, I indeed repent to you.."
                  I love this. :jkk: beautiful thread
                  O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
                    I love this. :jkk: beautiful thread
                    Barakallahufeek Alhamdulillah hopefully everyone benefits.

Comment

I will narrate to you on this topic an amazing story. A few years ago a man called me after Asr prayer and he said; ‘I have a question; but before the question I want to inform you about my condition.’

He said: ‘I am twenty-seven years old and I cannot move any part of my body except for my head.’

I said: ‘How long have you been in this condition?’

He replied: ‘For two years.’

I said: ‘What caused that?’

He replied: A car accident.

I said to him: ‘Where are you living?’

He replied: ‘In such and such a place.’

I said: ‘I want to visit you.’ So I visited him the same day. He began to narrate to me his story, and it was a long story. I sat with him for an hour and a half; and most of the time I was listening and benefitting because his life contained a lesson. He said a statement to me which is the point of reference for the story and I will not be lengthy with the details.

He said to me: ‘By Allah, verily now I feel a delight which I walked for a long time on my feet in search of but did not find’. Before the accident I was negligent and after the accident I became one who turns to Allah, with remembrance, praying, and reciting the Quran.

One of the noble brothers brought for him a computer device that works by voice control; because his hands do not move. He tested it in front of me. He spoke to the computer and the Soorah he wanted opened. And he spoke to the computer and the verse he wanted opened. He spoke to the computer and the Tafseer he wanted opened. The Quran was in front of him, he read and memorized, and he read the Tafseer and he did not need to turn the pages with his hand or to call anyone to turn the pages for him. The verse he wanted he would request it directly, and if he wanted its Tafseer he would request it directly.

And he said: ‘By Allah, verily now I feel a delight which I walked for a long time on my feet in search of but did not find.’ Thus let the faithful person take a lesson and take a warning.

Guidance and happiness are only obtained by the Book of Allah the Glorified and Exalted. And whoever seeks it from other than the Book of Allah the Exalted will not attain anything except loss and he will not attain anything except destruction and ruin in his worldly life and his afterlife.

فَإِمَّا يَأْتِيَنَّكُمْ مِنِّي هُدًى فَمَنِ اتَّبَعَ هُدَايَ فَلَا يَضِلُّ وَلَا يَشْقَى

Then if there comes to you guidance from Me, then whoever follows My Guidance shall neither go astray, nor fall into distress and misery (Soorah Taha 20:123)

And pay attention to His statement here: ‘then whoever follows My guidance’; because that which is necessary as it relates to the Quran is following it, not just the mere recitation and properly pronouncing its letters. The Quran was only sent down to be implemented not merely to pronounce its letters correctly while neglecting its guidelines. For this reason He said: ‘then whoever follows My guidance’. Thus that which results in happiness is following the guidance not merely memorizing the Quran or memorizing the letters of the Quran. And following the guidance of the Book of Allah is a branch of understanding the Quran and pondering over it.

كِتَابٌ أَنْزَلْنَاهُ إِلَيْكَ مُبَارَكٌ لِيَدَّبَّرُوا آيَاتِهِ وَلِيَتَذَكَّرَ أُولُو الْأَلْبَابِ

(This is) a Book (the Quran) which We have sent down to you, full of blessings that they may ponder over its Verses, and that men of understanding may remember. (Soorah Sad 38:29)

Thus this is an affair which is necessary in order to attain happiness; reciting the Quran, reflecting over its verses, working by it, and following its guidance.

Translated by Rasheed ibn Estes Barbee

Comment

Beautiful Yet Sad Story…

In 1999 Allaah favoured me [Abul Irbaad] and my family with the opportunity to visit the Imaam of Hadeeth, Naasir us-Sunnah was-Salafiyyah, the Allaamah Abu Abdir-Rahmaan Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen al-Albaanee [d. 1420 H rahimahullaah]while he was in hospital in the Shamaysee district, Jordan.

We went early in the afternoon to the hospital and asked if they had a patient by the name of Shaykh Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen al-Albaanee, they looked on a whiteboard full of patients and sure enough there was a Muhammad Naasir ud-Deen on the list in Room 332 (or so, I can’t remember exactly).

We made our way up in the elevator and found the room, but we were informed the Shaykh was sleeping. The Shaykhs’ grandson allowed me to enter to see the Shaykh very quickly. In front of me lay a handsome white man, with little hair and a full white beard. His beautiful arms were stained with blue bruises from the injections he had been receiving. Although I left quickly, I was determined to return.

Later that day I returned to find the Shaykh had woken up, but one of his grandsons tried to prevent me from entering the room saying that it was time for his medicines. I told him that I had travelled all the way from Britain only to see the Shaykh and give him salaam, so how could he refuse me entry.

My wife went into another room where she met Umm Fadl, the Shaykhs’ wife, and one of his daughters-in-law and some other relatives.

I entered to see Shaykh partially sat up in bed. I shook his frail hand and desperately wanted to kiss it and him, but I feared that he would not like it, due to what had reached me from some of the brothers regarding his humility. The Shaykh looked very weak and could hardly speak but he made a strong effort to welcome us.

I gave the Shaykh salaams, which he returned, and then I said, “Shaykh, may Allaah preserve you. I love you for the sake of Allaah.”

He said, pointing to the sky, “May the One for whose sake you have loved me, love you.”

I said, “Shaykh I have come from Britain.”

He said, “Do you have Salafees there?”

I said, “Yes Shaykh there are many, Alhamdulillah.”

He said, “Do you have ulemaa [Scholars] there?”

I said, “No Shaykh, there are no ulemaa but we have brothers from Madeenah university who have translated many books and tapes. And we have links with Shaykh Rabee’ [hafidhahullaah], Shaykh Muqbil [d. 1422 H rahimahullaah] and some students of knowledge visit us from Saudi, Kuwait and Jordan, and they give us duroos.”

He said, “When will you make hijrah [migration to the Muslim land]?”

I said, “As soon as I can, Shaykh.”

He said, “Make hijrah to the land of the Muslims!”

I said, “Yes Shaykh, I intend to go to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.”

He said, “May Allaah reward you.”

I replied, “And may He reward you.”

With that, I gave the Shaykh salaam as his medicines were brought, and we left, grateful to Allaah for granting us such a blessing. Three months later the tragic news of the Shaykhs’ death reached us in England.

Comment

[MENTION=130748]Deeni Akh[/MENTION] please keep posting on this thread.

Jazak Allah khair.

Comment

Originally posted by Theistic View Post
                            [MENTION=130748]Deeni Akh[/MENTION] please keep posting on this thread.

Jazak Allah khair.
                            :brf: for reminding akhi, insha'Allah. Please feel free to share anything aswell insha'Allah

Comment

heart softening stories/reminders

Jazak allah

Comment

Working...
                              X