Clear All

• In a hundred years

In a hundred years none of the hardships you are going through will matter
    Likewise any joy you are experiencing will have long faded
    All the cars and the wealth and houses won't be worth a penny to you
    Either you will be in bliss having forgotten the hardships of this dunya
    Or in misery wishing for one more chance

The only thing that can benefit biithnillah is iman and good deeds
    Take advantage of the chance you are given each day to make things right with Allah
    Eternity is too long a time to feel sorry
    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
    ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Re: In a hundred years

:jkk:
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

[MENTION=127092]eesa the kiwi[/MENTION]

This is soo so true , jazakullahu khairan.
      Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Originally posted by Figs View Post
        [MENTION=127092]eesa the kiwi[/MENTION]

This is soo so true , jazakullahu khairan.
        Wa iyaak
        I sometimes try use that line when giving dawah to mi family
        They don't listen though

I saw a dream the other night where a soldier from ww1 was taking a hot shower
        When I woke up I started thinking subhannallah would the trivial pleasure of having a hot shower or any pleasure of the dunya for that matter be worth anything to someone who died a hundred years ago?
        That's where this post came from inshaallah will elaborate more when I sift through my thoughts
        The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.

Comment

I just find it laughable that all these consumer goods we see people chasing after today, including Muslims now suffering from this consumer problem, will be decayed and non-existant a hundred years from now.

The car will be a piece of metal and plastic in the earth (or recycled hopefully), and those 25 handbags, 45 pairs of shoes, 95 shirts (of which you only wore 3) etc will be nothing but dust.

All those hours sadly wasted by brothers and sisters in shopping malls, driving to these places, buying these goods, bringing them home - and then repeating the cycle every few weeks - and all for nothing.

Wake up and stop living this dead consumer lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
            Wa iyaak
            I sometimes try use that line when giving dawah to mi family
            They don't listen though

I saw a dream the other night where a soldier from ww1 was taking a hot shower
            When I woke up I started thinking subhannallah would the trivial pleasure of having a hot shower or any pleasure of the dunya for that matter be worth anything to someone who died a hundred years ago?
            That's where this post came from inshaallah will elaborate more when I sift through my thoughts
            Insha allah ta'ala your family accepts the da'wah. Will pray for that iA.

Subhanallah, yes, exactly, heating and proper temperature maintenance was difficult in the early twentieth century I believe but now that those people are in the life of the Hereafter it wouldn't matter to them at all.

At the bolded, this is exactly what my dad would say a lot. He'd be like 'you hear of all the stuff the people of the past enjoyed, kings and powerful elites and even people today gunning for wealth etc, when it's all baseless and it doesn't bring anyone real happiness or worth' but rather makes the person who is gunning for it not take heed to the home of the Hereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleTraveller View Post
              I just find it laughable that all these consumer goods we see people chasing after today, including Muslims now suffering from this consumer problem, will be decayed and non-existant a hundred years from now.

The car will be a piece of metal and plastic in the earth (or recycled hopefully), and those 25 handbags, 45 pairs of shoes, 95 shirts (of which you only wore 3) etc will be nothing but dust.

All those hours sadly wasted by brothers and sisters in shopping malls, driving to these places, buying these goods, bringing them home - and then repeating the cycle every few weeks - and all for nothing.

Wake up and stop living this dead consumer lifestyle.
              My dad would also say this a lot, he opposes materialism.

Comment

:jkk: bro for this beneficial reminder

Comment

:jkk: for this brother. Very good reminder SubhanAllah
                  "Let the days do as they please
                  And be optimistic when destiny decrees
                  Do not despair due to the events of the past
                  For the events of this world were not meant to last"

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump

Comment

Do you bump this up when u feel sad?
                        "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

Comment

Great reminder

“Mu'min” is more that just a title. It is to have Imaan established in the heart and testified to by the limbs.

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                            Do you bump this up when u feel sad?
                            :salams:

No I was thinking about something all the worldly pleasures my family are experiencing and rejecting Allah for wont help them in the least when they are 6 feet under and was like oh that's right I made a thread

I like to try ponder over stuff like this as it helps to remain firm on Islam alhamdulilah despite basically everyone I know irl heading on the opposite direction

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                              :salams:

No I was thinking about something all the worldly pleasures my family are experiencing and rejecting Allah for wont help them in the least when they are 6 feet under and was like oh that's right I made a thread

I like to try ponder over stuff like this as it helps to remain firm on Islam alhamdulilah despite basically everyone I know irl heading on the opposite direction

:wswrwb:

hmmm interesting

Comment

Working...
                              X