Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Balanced Approach To Religion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A Balanced Approach To Religion

    :salams

    Amazing lecture by Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan. I seriously SERIOUSLY reccomend that everyone listens to this. It's 2 hours long, but well worth it. May Allah reward him for his efforts.. Ameen.

    "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

  • #2
    Re: A Balanced Approach To Religion

    bump..
    "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A Balanced Approach To Religion

      :wswrwb:

      Ameen.

      I have not listened to this one,but in shaa Allah, will.

      A lot can be said for al wasatiyyah. Alhamdulillah. The middle path is something we all struggle with and it is far easier to go to one extreme or the opposite as a opposed to maintaining a good balance.

      And thus we have made you a just community that you will be witnesses over the people and the Messenger will be a witness over you. And We did not make the qiblah which you used to face except that We might make evident who would follow the Messenger from who would turn back on his heels. And indeed, it is difficult except for those whom Allah has guided. And never would Allah have caused you to lose your faith. Indeed Allah is, to the people, Kind and Merciful. 2:143

      And the earth - We have spread it and cast therein firmly set mountains and caused to grow therein [something] of every well-balanced thing. 15:19

      And [they are] those who, when they spend, do so not excessively or sparingly but are ever, between that, [justly] moderate 25:67



      BarakAllahu feek

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A Balanced Approach To Religion

        Originally posted by Slave4akhirah View Post
        :wswrwb:

        Ameen.

        I have not listened to this one,but in shaa Allah, will.

        A lot can be said for al wasatiyyah. Alhamdulillah. The middle path is something we all struggle with and it is far easier to go to one extreme or the opposite as a opposed to maintaining a good balance.

        And thus we have made you a just community that you will be witnesses over the people and the Messenger will be a witness over you. And We did not make the qiblah which you used to face except that We might make evident who would follow the Messenger from who would turn back on his heels. And indeed, it is difficult except for those whom Allah has guided. And never would Allah have caused you to lose your faith. Indeed Allah is, to the people, Kind and Merciful. 2:143

        And the earth - We have spread it and cast therein firmly set mountains and caused to grow therein [something] of every well-balanced thing. 15:19

        And [they are] those who, when they spend, do so not excessively or sparingly but are ever, between that, [justly] moderate 25:67



        BarakAllahu feek
        A lot of people are on different extremes, but towards the end is really what got me. How we'll use ahadith/ayat to abuse one another (towards Women especially) which shows a lack of disrespect for the texts. The words of Allah and His Messenger :saw: are being used by us today to inflict harm upon one another.. shows how messed up we really are. Their are other amazing parts but don't want to spoil it lol. But a really needed lecture, especially in the times we're living in.
        "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A Balanced Approach To Religion

          :salams

          I listened to it this evening alhamdulillah. It really is worth listening to. puts so much into perspective.

          Great share!

          Guys give it a listen in shaa Allah, it is really worth the time alhamdulillah :)

          BarakAllahu feekum

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: A Balanced Approach To Religion

            The hadeeth is in al-mu`jamul kabeer and others, and it's authentic.

            The hadeeth goes:*"Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `alayhi Wa Sallam made Salmaan and Abu Dardaa Radhiallaahu `Anhumaa brothers, so salmaan (radhiallaahu `anhu) came to visit abu Dardaa (radhiallaahu `anhu) when he found Umm Dardaa (radhiallaahu `anhaa) looking very disheveled, so he said: "What's the matter O umm dardaa?" She replied: "Your brother abu dardaa, he spends the night in salaah and fasts during the day, and has no need for anything of the dunyaa."So abu dardaa came and welcomed salmaan and and put food before him, so salmaan told him: "eat", he replied: "i am fasting", So he said: "I take an oath that you will definitely (have to) break your fast." So he refused to eat until he ate with him.Then he spent the night by him, so when abu dardaa inteded to get up at night salmaan prevented him, and said: "O abu dardaa, your body has a right over you, your Lord has rights, your family has rights, so give each one his rights.*Then when it was close to dawn he told him: "Get up now if you want", so he got up and made wudhoo, then they performed salaah, and then left (to the masjid) for salaah, so abu dardaa came close to Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam to inform him, so Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam said: "Indeed your body has rights as salmaan said."



            This title reminded me of this hadith... i am not sure if it is relating to the topic, since i will watch the video later Insh allah. But yh... everything in moderation
            Bye...

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: A Balanced Approach To Religion

              Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
              The hadeeth is in al-mu`jamul kabeer and others, and it's authentic.

              The hadeeth goes:*"Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `alayhi Wa Sallam made Salmaan and Abu Dardaa Radhiallaahu `Anhumaa brothers, so salmaan (radhiallaahu `anhu) came to visit abu Dardaa (radhiallaahu `anhu) when he found Umm Dardaa (radhiallaahu `anhaa) looking very disheveled, so he said: "What's the matter O umm dardaa?" She replied: "Your brother abu dardaa, he spends the night in salaah and fasts during the day, and has no need for anything of the dunyaa."So abu dardaa came and welcomed salmaan and and put food before him, so salmaan told him: "eat", he replied: "i am fasting", So he said: "I take an oath that you will definitely (have to) break your fast." So he refused to eat until he ate with him.Then he spent the night by him, so when abu dardaa inteded to get up at night salmaan prevented him, and said: "O abu dardaa, your body has a right over you, your Lord has rights, your family has rights, so give each one his rights.*Then when it was close to dawn he told him: "Get up now if you want", so he got up and made wudhoo, then they performed salaah, and then left (to the masjid) for salaah, so abu dardaa came close to Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam to inform him, so Rasoolullaah Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam said: "Indeed your body has rights as salmaan said."



              This title reminded me of this hadith... i am not sure if it is relating to the topic, since i will watch the video later Insh allah. But yh... everything in moderation
              It does it does he talks about this hadith in the lecture :)

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: A Balanced Approach To Religion

                ''so bruv where do you take your knowledge? who are your shaykhs?''

                :rofl1:

                edit: ill try share some gems when I get back from work in shaa Allah!!

                edit2 (next day) : owh :( nobody found it funny. It is so funny though when he says this.
                Last edited by Slave4akhirah; 22-04-14, 11:52 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: A Balanced Approach To Religion

                  My thoughts on paper are terrible, it all makes sense in my head lol I hope they are of benefit still


                  ghuluw

                  - if you really suffer from ghuluw you will not sleep until you are number one

                  - losing touch with revelation - when we decide to highlight some things, emphasize some things, not place as much importance on other things , so when we do this, others have a right to do so as well....can we not see how dangerous this is? to interpret the religion how we want to?

                  - we are living in times where people will decide the terms of their religion themselves

                  - so we all end up with a variation in our understanding of Islam

                  - the group that yells and screams the most gets listened to the least

                  - This religion is appealing because it asks people to think for themselves and if you are part of any variation of this religion that is requesting you to stop thinking, it is no longer Islam.

                  - The reflection, the thought, the critical thinking, it never ends, it only adds to our conviction. Not the thoughts were you run from one doubt to another, but we look into things with depth, where is the info from, clarification etc etc

                  - If you don't understand , you ask, and it is OK if your not satisfied with the answer, you can keep on asking, your journey continues, it comes with humility also, as maybe there will be many things you will never understand, but you keep asking, exploring...

                  - how can we be asked not to use our intellect? and when you are asked to not use it, that is when imbalance begins. and skip a few generations and we get cultural issues.

                  - Your answer does not become legitimate just because your raise the volume on the wrong answer.

                  - the first thing the deen fixes is your relationships. People are drawn to your akhlaaq.

                  Think about it,outside people praise you easily, but then when it comes to you own family, what would they have to say about you? How is your behaviour with your family?

                  - if you love someone you spend time with them . spend time with your parents. wake up for fajr.

                  - you can have time to let loose but if it is affecting your salat then its no good.

                  - the problem is when you have a lot of people who know a little about everything, there is no depth in any one particular subject. so the knowledge is not strong.

                  -quoting ahadith without knowing the context, and then using it to apply it to a totally non related matter...you cause a misunderstanding of the deen for another person - quote a hadith? make sure you have studied it, that you know it inside out, the conditions, the reasonings, and not just use the hadith to apply it to a situation *you* think is fitting.

                  - if you want to find balance in our lives; we find it by conversing with Allah, if your not personally talking to Allah azza wa jal, you will never find balance in Islam, to learn the etiquette's, the manners of making dua, and it is OK if you don't know Arabic very well, still can make dua in your language, but it is good for us to memorise some of the prayers of our Nabi :saw: as that is how he :saw: conversed with Allah azza wa jal

                  -have a copy of a fortress of a muslim

                  disclaimer;: all mistakes are mine and do not represent the lecture ....and one should really listen to the entire lecture to understand better if taking the above notes into consideration and also for the fact that the above does not reallly come close to all that was covered
                  Last edited by Slave4akhirah; 22-04-14, 12:39 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: A Balanced Approach To Religion

                    :wswrwb:

                    A truly amazing lecture. 2nd half was really strong, and I actually cried towards the end on the Robert De Villa story.

                    :jkk: for sharing.
                    I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

                    Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: A Balanced Approach To Religion

                      Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
                      :wswrwb:

                      A truly amazing lecture. 2nd half was really strong, and I actually cried towards the end on the Robert De Villa story.

                      :jkk: for sharing.
                      Yeah that was really emotional. Man, you must have really liked it! Cause usually you write essays when you reply.. lool
                      "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: A Balanced Approach To Religion

                        Originally posted by Muslim First View Post
                        A lot of people are on different extremes, but towards the end is really what got me. How we'll use ahadith/ayat to abuse one another (towards Women especially) which shows a lack of disrespect for the texts. The words of Allah and His Messenger :saw: are being used by us today to inflict harm upon one another.. shows how messed up we really are. Their are other amazing parts but don't want to spoil it lol. But a really needed lecture, especially in the times we're living in.
                        Assalam

                        Scholar Nouman Ali khan in another short clip (5 minutes) talks about the ''balanced nation'' referring to the Ummah of Prophet Muhammad(Pbuh). The 2 hour video is worth watching and understanding and implementing. jazakallah
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raVU4uoznFI
                        My sect - No Sect

                        My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

                        Just a Muslim

                        Comment

                        Collapse

                        Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                        Working...
                        X