Gossiper has NO place in Jannah by Mufti Menk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gossiper has NO place in Jannah by Mufti Menk

We all know that gossiping is bad. Gossiping is common everywhere - in schools, offices, parties, gatherings, street corners and even our own houses. But do we know how bad it is? lets look at Gossiping In Islam

Re: Gossiper has NO place in Jannah by Mufti Menk

Originally posted by Muhammad Fahim View Post
    We all know that gossiping is bad. Gossiping is common everywhere - in schools, offices, parties, gatherings, street corners and even our own houses. But do we know how bad it is? lets look at Gossiping In Islam

Assalam Alaikum

A hadith says Muslims blood, wealth,honour is Haram for another Muslim, spoiling a Muslim's honour is like eating the WORST of the Interest ( Riba),. RIBA is one of the biggest Sin in Islam
    A hadith say there are 70 branches of sin in Riba and (the least or one- NOT SURE )part of it is doing Zina or Fornification for 36 times( some hadith says equal to zina with our own Mother)
    another hadith says back biting is worst than zina. Because the sin of zina is finished up in that time with in one selves but the sin is Back biting is continuous creates a DOMINO effect and every time a new person talks about IT the sin is debited to the person who started it and it keeps ACCUMULATING also to others who float or Perpetuate it. Every time It is saved in your bad deeds every time it goes to a new person., Nauzubillah but we thought it was so simple,spoke like a JOKE.
    A companion asked prophet , How about that sin what we talk IF it true ? Prophet(sal) replied only if its true its back biting if thats not true it more severe than that, its Calumny
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

pakistani aunties everywhere, naughty naughty

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
        Assalam Alaikum

A hadith says Muslims blood, wealth,honour is Haram for another Muslim, spoiling a Muslim's honour is like eating the WORST of the Interest ( Riba),. RIBA is one of the biggest Sin in Islam
        A hadith say there are 70 branches of sin in Riba and (the least or one- NOT SURE )part of it is doing Zina or Fornification for 36 times( some hadith says equal to zina with our own Mother)
        another hadith says back biting is worst than zina. Because the sin of zina is finished up in that time with in one selves but the sin is Back biting is continuous creates a DOMINO effect and every time a new person talks about IT the sin is debited to the person who started it and it keeps ACCUMULATING also to others who float or Perpetuate it. Every time It is saved in your bad deeds every time it goes to a new person., Nauzubillah but we thought it was so simple,spoke like a JOKE.
        A companion asked prophet , How about that sin what we talk IF it true ? Prophet(sal) replied only if its true its back biting if thats not true it more severe than that, its Calumny
        A TIRMIDHI HADITH SAYS something like IF A MUSLIM IS SCOLDED EVEN AFTER HE CAME OUT OF HIS SIN(he became a good person and stopped his sin) then the Person who scolded him will commit the same sin before his death.
        My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

A TIRMIDHI HADITH SAYS something like IF A MUSLIM IS SCOLDED EVEN AFTER HE CAME OUT OF HIS SIN(he became a good person and stopped his sin) then the Person who scolded him will commit the same sin before his death.
          Scholar kamal El Mekki says more about Backbiting in his video No excuse for Backbiting //www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBFtESE7pL8

I think here Scholar El Mekki refers to People talking in front of a guy eating can be called as whispering/ backbiting in El Mekki's words which is in the verse of Quran 114 :4-6

'' From the mischief of the Whisperer (of Evil), who withdraws (after his whisper),-(The same) who whispers into the hearts of Mankind,-Among Jinns and among men.

Dr Zakir Naik says Backbiting is permitted in Six Conditions www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odj1mT97yuY

Keeping quiet is better than vain talk. But Zikr & talking teaching virtuous things are more better than keeping Quiet. So this is one of the Easy traps of Shaitan which is normally overlooked even by the learned. I saw in one of the speeches of Moulana Tariq Jameel, where he says If he is invited for a drink (intoxicant) by anyone he will shout loud at them saying how dare you invite me ? and I may also throw my chappel (sandal) on him, but if the same Person comes to me and starts gossiping about someone then I forget myself and may join with him asking what happened next ?, but this Sin of Gossip is more serious & continuous than that of that Drink (alcohol ).

May Allah save us from these big sins when we ourselves fall unintentionally because of bad company of friends (Shaitans) that will wipe away our good deeds that were did with much difficulty and efforts and with the help of our hard earned wealth only to be wiped out easily in just a few minutes. Nauzubillah. Ameen
          My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Scholar kamal El Mekki says more about Backbiting in ' No excuse for Backbiting ' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBFtESE7pL8

I t hink here Scholar El Mekki refers to People talking in front of a guy eating can be called as whispering/ backbiting in El Mekki's words which is in the verse of Quran 114 :4-6

'' From the mischief of the Whisperer (of Evil), who withdraws (after his whisper),-(The same) who whispers into the hearts of Mankind,-Among Jinns and among men.

Dr Zakir Naik says Backbiting is permitted in Six Conditions www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odj1mT97yuY

Keeping quiet is better than vain talk. But Zikr & talking teaching virtuous things are more better than keeping Quiet. So this is one of the Easy traps of Shaitan which is normally overlooked even by the learned. I saw in one of the speeches of Moulana Tariq Jameel, where he says If he is invited for a drink (intoxicant) by anyone he will shout loud at them saying how dare you invite me ? and I may also throw my chappel (sandal) on him, but if the same Person comes to me and starts gossiping about someone then I forget myself and may join with him asking what happened next ?, but this Sin of Gossip is more serious & continuous than that of that Drink (alcohol ).

May Allah save us from these big sins when we ourselves fall unintentionally because of bad company of friends (Shaitans) that will wipe away our good deeds that were did with much difficulty and efforts and with the help of our hard earned wealth only to be wiped out easily in just a few minutes. Nauzubillah. Ameen
            My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Persons who scold others of their Past Sins will fall under their the ABOVE HADITH , May Allah swt save us from this especially SLANDER or SPREADING SINS OF Scholars & Leaders to the Right path.

NAUZUBILLAH
              My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Here is the correct words of this hadith found from the below link of the thread

The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said: "That person who taunts and ridicules his Muslim brother over a sin from which he has repented, will not die until he himself commits that same sin.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...t=#post5910599
                My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Assalam Alaikum

A Bump with related Hadiths

Sayyidina Abu Huraira (RA) reported that someone asked Allah’s Messenger (SAW).What is backbiting?” He said, “It is your remembrance of your brother in a way that he“‘does not like.” He asked, “What, if that fault I mention is found in him?” He said, “If what you say is found in him then that is backbiting. But, if what you say is not found in”.him then that is reviling him
                  [Ahmed 3308, Abu Dawud 4874, Muslim 2589]

Messenger of Allah (?) said, "Do not envy one another; do not inflate prices by overbidding against one another; do not hate one another; do not harbour malice against one another; and do not enter into commercial transaction when others have entered into that (transaction); but be you, O slaves of Allah, as brothers. A Muslim is the brother of another Muslim; he neither oppresses him nor does he look down upon him, nor does he humiliate him. Piety is here, (and he pointed to his chest three times). It is enough evil for a Muslim to hold his brother Muslim in contempt. All things of a Muslim are inviolable for his brother-in-faith: his blood, his property and his honour".
                  [Sahih Muslim, Book 1, Hadith 235].

Narrated Abu Huraira:
                  Allah's Messenger (?) said, 'Beware of suspicion, for it is the worst of false tales and don't look for the other's faults and don't
                  spy and don't hate each other, and don't desert (cut your relations with) one another O Allah's slaves, be brothers!" [sahih al-Bukhari 6724]
                  My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

i hate backbiting and sometimes im put in akward situations please advice me how to get out of it

when my mum rings me upset complaining about somebody i try to avoid saying anything but even listening is haram so what do i do?

also my mother inlaw has a temper on her ,and she is muslim so its easier to say to her please dont gossip but she will probly go angrey at me and make a big thing about it

or say if somebody like a sister inlaw did something bad to me and i want to tell my husband ?

Comment

Originally posted by Revert08 View Post
                      i hate backbiting and sometimes im put in akward situations please advice me how to get out of it

when my mum rings me upset complaining about somebody i try to avoid saying anything but even listening is haram so what do i do?

also my mother inlaw has a temper on her ,and she is muslim so its easier to say to her please dont gossip but she will probly go angrey at me and make a big thing about it

or say if somebody like a sister inlaw did something bad to me and i want to tell my husband ?
                      Its a difficult situation but i tell their on the face when they are in a better mood for the first time but when they still do it i put my fingers in my ears in front of them and if somebody does that on the phone i keep it a bit far untill i hear they yell hello hello hello , and i say what else ? Doing this I saw they became better, reducing their backbiting, atleast in my presence. Don't care for them getting angry with you, are they going to help you on the day of judgement in spite of they being the cause of our sins !

Why should i listen a waste of time added with mountains of huge sins on my head and that too not concerned with me at all. Its difficult to do good deeds with our hard earned money and valuble these people further push us into deep shi*.
                      My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Its a difficult situation but i tell their on the face when they are in a better mood for the first time but when they still do it i put my fingers in my ears in front of them and if somebody does that on the phone i keep it a bit far untill i hear they yell hello hello hello , and i say what else ? Doing this I saw they became better, reducing their backbiting, atleast in my presence. Don't care for them getting angry with you, are they going to help you on the day of judgement in spite of they being the cause of our sins !

Why should i listen a waste of time added with mountains of huge sins on my head and that too not concerned with me at all. Its difficult to do good deeds with our hard earned money and valuble these people further push us into deep shi*.
                        yes thats true i should worry about the punishment an not somebody getting mad at me thank you i will insha Allah try what you said ,i guess im bit shy to confront parents in that way but it has to be done

and if somebody does something insted of complaining to hubby i should complain to Allah ,i will try to do these things may Allah help us all ameen

Comment

Originally posted by Revert08 View Post
                          yes thats true i should worry about the punishment an not somebody getting mad at me thank you i will insha Allah try what you said ,i guess im bit shy to confront parents in that way but it has to be done

and if somebody does something insted of complaining to hubby i should complain to Allah ,i will try to do these things may Allah help us all ameen
                          If you can do that , inshallah you will become close To Allah swt & ask as Dua to Allah to handle her, who handles more better than any person can do but that needs patience & you will also get great virtues. try & see.
                          My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Assalam Alaikum

A hadith says Muslims blood, wealth,honour is Haram for another Muslim, spoiling a Muslim's honour is like eating the WORST of the Interest ( Riba),. RIBA is one of the biggest Sin in IslamA hadith say there are 70 branches of sin in Riba and (the least or one- NOT SURE )part of it is doing Zina or Fornification for 36 times( some hadith says equal to zina with our own Mother)another hadith says back biting is worst than zina. Because the sin of zina is finished up in that time with in one selves but the sin is Back biting is continuous creates a DOMINO effect and every time a new person talks about IT the sin is debited to the person who started it and it keeps ACCUMULATING also to others who float or Perpetuate it. Every time It is saved in your bad deeds every time it goes to a new person., Nauzubillah but we thought it was so simple,spoke like a JOKE. A companion asked prophet , How about that sin what we talk IF it true ? Prophet(sal) replied only if its true its back biting if thats not true it more severe than that, its Calumny

From Abu Hurayrah : The Prophet, , said: "Riba has seventy segments, the least serious being equivalent to a man committing adultery with his own mother." I
                            (Ibn maja)
                            My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

From Abu Hurayrah : The Prophet, , said: "Riba has seventy segments, the least serious being equivalent to a man committing adultery with his own mother." I
                              [/COLOR](Ibn maja)
                              It has been reported that a man was brought before Abdullah bin Mas'ud (May Allah be pleased with him) because his beard was giving out smell of wine. Ibn Mas'ud said:"We have been prohibited from spying (on Muslims) and finding faults (with them). But we can take to task only and only if the sin is overt.[Abu Dawud].

Sayyidina Abu Musa Ash’ary (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said, ‘A believer is to (another) believer like a building part of which supports the other part.” [Bukhari 6026]

Sayyidina Wathilah ibn Asqa (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said, "Do not display pleasure at a setback your brother suffers lest Allah has mercy on him and puts you to test ''

Another hidden consequence of back biting is its creates a domino effect of sins spoken at ones back. Example if it was spoken such an Imaam had lent money on interest than an ordinary person would say If Imaam can give it on interest why should n't I ? Similarly other sins can spread and spoil the Society. So Talk of Sins beget sins and talk of good things have the same effect. example if a Person was spoken like if it was told such a Person had a given a big donation or Charity for an Orphanage then those people who do not spend will feel if he can do that why should n't I ? So Speak of goods things of others and avoid bad things which is Back biting a big sin in Islam.
                              My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Working...
                              X