X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx-u8sq0bUE

Turn to Allah in prayer.

Please feel free to add any beneficial hadiths, lectures and quran verses on salah on this thread.

:jkk:
    Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Re: Salah

HOW TO FOCUS IN SALAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p34kdsJOCE
    Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Jazakallah khairan sister

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,ďUhibbuki mithla m‚ antÍĒ ďUhibbuki kaifam‚ kunteeeĒďWa mahm‚ k‚na mahma s‚raĒ

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
        Jazakallah khairan sister
        Here's the video which stresses the importance of Salat or the Five times obligatory Prayer. If you live in any Country do you dare to do anything against the country which is Prohibited ? No, is the answer but we live in the EARTH, the Kingdom of Allah swt whose Slaves are all those from the first to the last kings who ever ruled the earth but more than that he created everything (those 'so called kings' created nothing) in the Earth & the Heavens with his only sole mighty power (none helped him) and he is watching us always , when he has PROHIBITED the Missing of even one Fard or obligatory Prayer, How daringly we are doing it, & sometimes repeatedly without any fear & repent , But still Allah swt, the Most beneficent & the most Merciful does not punish us ! Does it mean we have to take the advantage of his mercifulness again & again ? untill we die and go to the ONE way Road ? Better late than never, kindly watch the below video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZn2MzDmVbY

My Own Tips : (note a fatwa but I felt this way its easier to pray regularly without getting tired & missing it later)

When trying to pray salah just aim first to pray 5 times only fard prayers ( except 2 rakat sunnat before fajr ) without DISCONTINUANCE. This will only cost you 5 minutes for wudu and 5 minutes for prayer.

Because Allah swt likes even small actions but done continuously than a lot in sudden enthusiasm than leaving it away Altogether . Some people do all the sunnat prayer together and after a while leave it since they say they are unable to spare half an hour each time.

If you are able to maintain that 5 times prayer take effort to pray with congregation or with Jamat at the Masjid where your prayer gets virtues upto 27 times than praying alone at your house.

If you could do & maintain that than try to add sunnat prayers as prescribed especially 2 rakats sunnat before fajr 2 or 4 rakats before Zuhar are the most stressed one, its better not to miss this even when you start praying for the first time. And so on....

May Allah guide us and makes us easy to pray his obligatory 5 times prayers everyday.
        My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O724d95udWg

Sweetness in prayer
          Moutassem al hameedi

Comment

Al-Bazzar records from Ibn ‘Abbas that the Messenger of Allah said: “Allah, the Glorious, said: ‘I accept the salah of one who humbles himself during it to My Greatness; and who does not perform the salah just for show; and who does not spend the night in disobedience to Me; and who spends the day remembering Me; and who is merciful to the poor, the wayfarer and the widows; and who is merciful to one who is suffering from an infliction. He has a light like the light of the sun. I protect him by My Glory and the angels guard over him. I give him light in darkness and sobriety in the presence of ignorance. And his similitude in My creation is like al-Firdaus in Paradise.”‘

Comment

جزاك الله كل الخير

you push me to pray now & immediately

salam

Comment

جزاك الله كل الخير

salam

Comment

Originally posted by gift View Post
                  جزاك الله كل الخير

salam
                  Alhamdulillah :)

Comment

]Could any one help me in ďpostpone the prayer problem ď what could I do to make my self as soon as hear the AZAN ďprayer callĒ hurry up to pray ?
                    I need practical techniques save me from this sin !

Comment

http://themuslimahmommy.com/2014/09/...hold/#more-867

IMPLEMENTING SALAH WITHIN YOUR HOME

Islam is more than calling yourself a Muslim, it’s about LIVING as a practicing Muslim. A huge part of being a Muslim is performing Salah (prayer); and often times, maintaining an environment of prayer within your home can be challenging. With that said, below are some tips on how you can help implement prayer within your family.

Educate: Educate your family on the importance of prayer – It should be known that you are not considered a Muslim if you do not fulfil the five pillars of Islam, and praying five times a day is one of those pillars.

Prayer Time Reminders: If you live in a country that does not have the Adhan (the call to prayer) then you can use an alternate method to remind your family of the time of prayer. Such an alternative method is a electronic clock that you can program to have the Adhan recitation play aloud at certain times. Another option is to have a reminder on a cell phone or iPad that will go off at the time you set it to. If you are not into electronics, than make sure you have a calendar in your home. another tip is having a calendar on each floor of your home, thus making the prayer times easily accessible.

Wudhu Often: One of the reasons people may be hesitant to pray is because of laziness. Some individuals might miss prayer simply because they don’t want to perform Wudhu; however if you already are in a state of Wudhu you may be more motivated towards performing Salat. One way to be in a state of Wudhu more often is to Wudhu each time after you go to the bathroom. If you have to wash your hands anyways, then you might as well perform Wudhu; this way when the prayer time comes around you can pray right away.

Create A Schedule: Plan a schedule that works around the prayer times. If you leave the house make sure you have performed the latest prayer, and plan to come home before the next prayer time ends.

Alter Your View Of Prayer: Instead viewing prayer as a chore, view it as a time of peace where you thank Allah SWT for everything you have, and to ask for forgiveness. Instead of rushing through prayer, take your time and do Dhikr and make Dua, this way the experience of prayer will be a relaxing one.

Praying At Work: Ask your employer if you can use a room for praying, this way you are maintaining the habit of prayer.

Consistency: Once a month women are unable to pray due to menstruation, however this should not stop prayer altogether within the household. If you are a mother and are unable to pray, you should still encourage your children to perform prayer; thus keeping the consistency of prayer within the home.

A Special Prayer Mat: Have your children go with you to select their very own prayer mat, or have them help you to choose one from an online store. Furthermore, buy them a special hijab or prayer hat that they can wear for prayer. These small steps will excite children for prayer, and make prayer time extra special for them In Shaa Allah!

Let Your Children Observe You In Prayer: Kids want to be just like their parents! Try your best to pray with your young children in the same room as you, this includes babies. Place your baby or toddler beside you, so they can watch you pray; as time passes you will you notice your toddlers mirroring you in worshipping Allah SWT.

Take Your Children To The Mosque: When your children see others in prayer, they will get excited and realize that it is not just your family that performs prayer, but a community of people from different backgrounds and cultures.

Prayer Time Is Family Time: Prayer time should be family time within your household. Families should pray together in one room to increase the family bond. After prayer, sit together and recite Islamic stories to your children. Not only will this increase the bond between each family member, but this will also increase the love for Islam.

Don’t Give Up: We are all human, and we may notice a drop in our Imaan from time to time. With that said, don’t let a drop in Imaan prevent you from increasing your Imaan. Try your best to recollect yourself: recite the Quran, listen to some inspirational Islamic lectures, and get back into the habit of praying. It is never to late to better yourself and to increase your Imaan; make sincere Dua and Allah SWT will make prayer easier for you! © The Muslimah Mommy (2014)
                      Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

Comment

Good stuff, may Allah give me taufiq
                        Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometime helps me and sometime opposes me

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWbmEEL77FA

remider about trials and tribulations, the comfort in salah and the ease it can give us through the difficutl times

Comment

Thauban RA said : i heard Messenger of allah SAW say ' perform salah more often. for every prostration that you perform before Allah swt will raise your position one degree and will remit one of your sins (Muslim)

Comment

Why i regret not praying
                              https://madmimi.com/p/e87366?fe=1&pact=31290824995

Why I regret not praying
                              ==========

Praying was something of a chore when I was a child. I never saw my parents pray yet when we turned 10 they quite firmly and forcefully taught us how to pray. Investing in both teachers and books so that we would know the rehearsed moves and citation of words, the order of the prayers and how many rakats in each prayer. As a child it was complex but a mighty achievement to know the order of how many faraaid, sunnan and nawafil was in each prayer.

As I grew older Salah became more than just something my parents would shout at us to go to, still I never remembered my parents praying but understood they were busy. Salah was for old people and young people because we had the time to do it. I started studying for myself what salah was about and why we did it.

How salah became
                              ==========

In part of a hadeeth narrated in Muslims regarding the miracle of the night journey ,

**Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, 'Then Gabriel ascended with me to a place where I heard the creaking of the pens." Ibn Hazm and Anas bin Malik said: The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Then Allah enjoined fifty prayers on my followers when I returned with this order of Allah, I passed by Moses who asked me, 'What has Allah enjoined on your followers?' I replied, 'He has enjoined fifty prayers on them.' Moses said, 'Go back to your Lord (and appeal for reduction) for your followers will not be able to bear it.' (So I went back to Allah and requested for reduction) and He reduced it to half. When I passed by Moses again and informed him about it, he said, 'Go back to your Lord as your followers will not be able to bear it.' So I returned to Allah and requested for further reduction and half of it was reduced. I again passed by Moses and he said to me: 'Return to your Lord, for your followers will not be able to bear it. So I returned to Allah and He said, 'These are
                              five prayers and they are all (equal to) fifty (in reward) for My Word does not change.' I returned to Moses and he told me to go back once again. I replied, 'Now I feel shy of asking my Lord again.'**

This beautiful story is how RasoolAllah Sallahu Aleyhi Wa Sallam on the night journey met with Musa Aleyhi Salaam who kept sending him back to asking to be reduced down to 5 times a day. I remembered thinking wow how scary it would be to go to Allah and ask to do Ďlessí. As a zealous and now devout young muslim the thought that we needed to lessen our salah made me astonished! Judging us Muslims at how petty we were that we couldnít even pray in gratitude to Allah and we needed to lessen the amount we did for Him because we were that useless! I learnt about all the extra salahs, amazed by the rewards each one held to the point my family began to mock me as the Ďmolvií of the family for my love of salah.

Loosing my way
                              ==========

As I grew so did my interested in life, friends, family, work. The extra nawafil were well gone, but I convinced myself that it was ok as the things I was busying myself were also considered a form of Ibadah. Taking care of your family, your health making dawah to non muslims etc.

Then came down the cutting down of the sunan. My life became just the fard prayers and back to work. A quick 5 minutes on the prayer mat and then back to that urgent email that I really needed to send out.

Before I knew it salah had faded away from my life. I never knew when to pray anymore and would lay in bed thinking from tomorrow I will start to pray again but tomorrow just never came. My arrogance grew as every time I had felt remorse or guilt that I had abandoned my prayers, I still wouldnít feel enough shame to hit the floor and beg for forgiveness, beg for guidance. I had gone so far astray that I was unable to actually stand in prayer, had my shame been humble I would have but because I knew how badly I wronged myself I could not face Allah instead I continued with my arrogant neglect.

A chilling realisation
                              ==========

I couldnít even remember what it felt like to be that person who fell in love with salah. I felt like a stranger on the prayer mat something I had spent so many long nights talking to Allah on. **"Verily between man and between polytheism and unbelief is the negligence of prayer."Muslim.**

It wasnít until I had a discussion regarding the final days before Yawm ul Qiymah. The discussion itself was frightening as the description of the skies just wanting to tear apart and drown the inhabitants of earth sent chills, but it was one details that struck a chord with me. Not wanting to be around when such devastation fell upon the earth this description for me was a thousand times worse than having to live through the fitnah before yawm ul Qiyamah.

When everything is over and devastation has torn the earth apart, Israfeel will raise the trumpet and blow the horn for the second time to wake and rise the dead.

**"The first thing that the servant will be called to account for on the Day of Judgement will be Salah. If it is good, his deeds will have been good. If it is bad, his deeds will have been bad." Related by Tabarani**

Salah will be the first thing we will be called to account for, and those who did not pray will not even leave their graves but be thrown into the pits of Jahannam. Everything I was doing all of sudden meant nothing. I would not even have the chance to stand in front of Allah with my Ďgood deedsí as the most precious, virtuous and worthwhile deed of them all was missing, my salah.

Making a change this Ramadan
                              ==========

Ramadan is a turning point. I know a lot of people judge others for being ĎRamadan Muslimsí but truly it is a month of Mercy. It is the month Allah actually removes the barrier He puts between the ones that disappoint Him the most the ones that are described as Ďleft astrayí. Why would Allah leave someone astray thatís not really fair? That barrier where someone of knowledge still behaves like someone who is ignorant and has no excuse are those who are left astray. Ramadan is when that Mercy now puts you on equal footing as everyone else, you can start again, pride aside, and shame aside you start a new page.

**"Successful indeed are The Believers, those who humble themselves in their prayers.Qur'an 23:1-2**

Recognising your defects shouldn't pull your spirit down but should rather motivate you to improve. Remember that strength is the key to closeness with Allah.

**"Say: Verily, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death are all for Allah, Lord of the Worlds." Qur'an, 6:162**

May Allah forgive us and accept our efforts. Ameen

Comment

Working...
                              X