Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milad is here so why the sad faces?

:start:

A short video. It is mostly in urdu but there are english subtitles with it.

الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Re: Milad is here so why the sad faces?

Any hadith on mawlid?

Comment

Abu Qatada Ansari (Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was asked about fasting on Monday, whereupon he said: It is (the day) when I was born and revelation was sent down to me.

Sahih Muslim 2606

Comment

I thought you celebrated "Milad" everyday so why the extra significance of another day?
        #BeardGang

Comment

Originally posted by Protein Shaykh View Post
          I thought you celebrated "Milad" everyday so why the extra significance of another day?
          Today is 5 Rabi ul Awwal. I can post this everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
            Abu Qatada Ansari (Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was asked about fasting on Monday, whereupon he said: It is (the day) when I was born and revelation was sent down to me.

Sahih Muslim 2606
            Didn't realise that there's only one Monday every year.
            I wish my school knew that.
            Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Yunus aua View Post
              Didn't realise that there's only one Monday every year.
              I wish my school knew that.
              Every Monday.

Comment

Sahih Muslim 2606
                So we should fast on Mondays as a sunnah. That's what I understood from the above
                Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Sahih Muslim 2606
                  So we should fast on Mondays as a sunnah. That's what I understood from the above
                  Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Every Monday.
                    I'm confused now, I though we were talking about celebrating mawlid, that particular day in the year when a bunch of people celebrate the birth of the Prophet :saw:.
                    So how are Mondays related to that day?

So there's no such thing as celebrating a particular day in Rabi al Awal as Mawlid, so that's bid'ah and we should just fast every Monday then?

Away for a bit

Comment

I'm confused now, I though we were talking about celebrating mawlid, that particular day in the year when a bunch of people celebrate the birth of the Prophet :saw:.
                      So how are Mondays related to that day?

So there's no such thing as celebrating a particular day in Rabi al Awal as Mawlid, so that's bid'ah and we should just fast every Monday then?
                      Who celebrates at a particular day anyway? Nobody does expect for the Jaahil (who have no connection to deen) people who march on streets with dhols and drums and do bhangras and let the horse dance and all that stuff. We are not from them Jaahil people.

Yes, you are instructed to fast every monday and you got told the reason for it too (Rasoolullah :saw: was born and wahee was sent to him)

Comment

Who celebrates at a particular day anyway? Nobody does expect for the Jaahil (who have no connection to deen) people who march on streets with dhols and drums and do bhangras and let the horse dance and all that stuff. We are not from them Jaahil people.

Yes, you are instructed to fast every monday and you got told the reason for it too (Rasoolullah :saw: was born and wahee was sent to him)
                        So you do agree then, that taken a specific day in the year to celebrate it is bidah?

Away for a bit

Comment

So you do agree then, that taken a specific day in the year to celebrate it is bidah?
                          Yes. You got the right idea about Bidah there but do you agree that conducting a gathering of Mawlid at all is Bidah?

Comment

Yes. You got the right idea about Bidah there but do you agree that conducting a gathering of Mawlid at all is Bidah?
                            Getting together to remember the Prophet's :saw:, birth, life and legacy is something we should all do, and is part of ibadah which should be done on a regular basis.
                            I have an issue, of choosing a particular day in the year and doing just like the Christians do with Isa celebrating his birthday.

Away for a bit

Comment

Getting together to remember the Prophet's :saw:, birth, life and legacy is something we should all do, and is part of ibadah which should be done on a regular basis.
                              I have an issue, of choosing a particular day in the year and doing just like the Christians do with Isa celebrating his birthday.
                              Yes getting together to remember the Prophet :saw: birth and life and legacy is what Mawlid is called. You are talking about someone who was a Man and who CAME and gave BIRTH in this world. Is that not Mawlid then what is? I don't get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X