لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Re: What Jihad? You can't even wake up for fajr

Agreed with every word akh Ibadah said. And all of this is one reason why Jihad is the pinnacle of Islam and the mujahideen who strive Fe Sabeelillah have a high rank in the eyes of Allah SWT. Because he/she has conquered their nafs and everything else and Jihad is basically the 'ultimate' test.

It's like a computer game where you pass each level then have the boss/most difficult level to compete... If that makes sense!

This does not of course remove the obligation on a Muslim when Jihad is fardh ayn - even if that person does not pray Fajr etc.

Originally posted by F_R View Post
      Then again, fajr is for the mujahideen isn't it
      What do you mean by that ?
      Last edited by MWarrior; 05-02-12, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
        What do you mean by that ?
        Fajr requires a lot of self-struggle in itself, it's a form of jihad of the nafs is what i meant

لا تفكر كثيرا
        بل استغفر كثيرا

The children need your prayers more than anyone else
        www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Glow View Post
          This is not crippling thought. This is reality. He is not talking theoretical or idealistically, is talking practical real deal stuff.

Can you honestly say that the majority of Muslims will go on Jihad when they will not even get out of their own beds to pray fajir? The Jihad he is talking about in this video is large scale, united Jihad, not individuals or small groups acting separate from one another. Of course, among every generation and location, no matter how corrupt there will always be a small group who have the displine for Jihad. And no doubt among every time period, no matter of corrupt there is always be a few who will undertake Jihad and uphold the rules and regulations therein. But he is talking about the masses of Muslims, not the here and there and much in-between Muslims.
          exactly, people are using exceptions as the basis for their arguments, a jew becoming a Muslim on the battlefield!! I mean how many times such a thing happens?????

The Sheikh is being very practical, he is talking about day to day Muslims who dont wake up for Fajr but love to talk about Jihad!!! Jihad of the Nafs comes first, only then will a Muslim be able to get up & fight for Allah's sake.......

take the example of the famous Mujahid Sheikh Abdullah Azzam may Allah have mercy on him and accept his Shahadah......another Sheikh once narrated a story that Sheikh Azzam came from a 20+ hours flight for a conference somewhere, reached at night so went to his hotel room, and when everyone went to sleep, he got up and started praying Tahajjud!!! This is a TRUE MUJAHID.......Thats why he so easily gave his life for Allah......
          Last edited by tayyiboon; 05-02-12, 10:29 AM.
          "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by tayyiboon View Post
            exactly, people are using exceptions as the basis for their arguments, a jew becoming a Muslim on the battlefield!! I mean how many times such a thing happens?????

The Sheikh is being very practical, he is talking about day to day Muslims who dont wake up for Fajr but love to talk about Jihad!!! Jihad of the Nafs comes first, only then will a Muslim be able to get up & fight for Allah's sake.......

take the example of the famous Mujahid Sheikh Abdullah Azzam may Allah have mercy on him and accept his Shahadah......another Sheikh once narrated a story that Sheikh Azzam came from a 20+ hours flight for a conference somewhere, reached at night so went to his hotel room, and when everyone went to sleep, he got up and started praying Tahajjud!!! This is a TRUE MUJAHID.......Thats why he so easily gave his life for Allah......

MashaAllah, amazing! I wish i could be like that and inshaAllah i will struggle to be.
            Allahumma Insur Al-Islam Wal-Muslimeen

Ahasiban naasu ay yutrakoo ay yaqooloo aamannaa wa hum laa yuftanoon. (Do men imagine that they will be left (at ease) because they say, We believe, and will not be tested with affliction? Surah 29 (2)

Comment

Originally posted by Ibadah View Post
              [/B]

MashaAllah, amazing! I wish i could be like that and inshaAllah i will struggle to be.
              same here brother......
              "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

Comment

Working...
              X