Hamza Yusuf - Changing the Tide/Islam in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamza Yusuf - Changing the Tide/Islam in America

The lecture is really good and must listen to those who are actively induced by war leaving aside the basic principles of Islam, which hold the highest priority.
    Last edited by ahmed_abdullah; 20-02-11, 08:18 PM.
    صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
    Al-Muslimeen

Re: Hamza Yusuf - Changing the Tide/Islam in America

Shaykh Hamza Yusuf :: On Cambridge New Mosque Project

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3RXrQr4mJ5E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Beware of Hamza Yusuf

دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
        Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
          ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
          Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by .Abu.Rambo. View Post
            :masha:

Comment

interesting rebuttal

the whole tawassul thing is concerning, though
              دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

interesting rebuttal

the whole tawassul thing is concerning, though
                Why is that ?
                Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

what i find most interesting, most troubling, and most ridiculous is the debate on defining Allah

when the prophet asked the slave girl where is Allah, she said, IN THE HEAVENS

why? because he wanted to make sure she wasnt worshipping Allah as an idol or any form of paganism

surely her response satisified his question and he released her as a muslim, he did not give her a book on 50,000 points of tawheed, she understood it

we muslims debate this "similitude of Allah" thing beyond what is required, Allah is as He describes Himself, and we are to accept it as that, and not try to "define" His parts as He describes them

I remember talking to Harun Yahya, who said Allah is everywhere, and his proof was that since Allah descends the last third of the night and the night is continuous around the earth, then Allah is in all places

i disagree with this

but i also disagree with the nitpicking the speaker in the video does when Bilal Phillips mentions Allah is akin to a painter, Allah is a creator

surely Allah uses many such similitudes in quran, so we can better understand our relationship with Alllah

if we go nitpicking in any aspect of islam, and we have a specific agenda, we can always find some point to debate (this is where shrunk and his perspective comes in)

so i agree with the speaker regarding how bilal speaks against isnad when it comes to sufis but he supports isnad when it comes to salafis

like i said, an interesting rebuttal, but far from a clear refutation
                  دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

what i find most interesting, most troubling, and most ridiculous is the debate on defining Allah

when the prophet asked the slave girl where is Allah, she said, IN THE HEAVENS

why? because he wanted to make sure she wasnt worshipping Allah as an idol or any form of paganism

surely her response satisified his question and he released her as a muslim, he did not give her a book on 50,000 points of tawheed, she understood it

we muslims debate this "similitude of Allah" thing beyond what is required, Allah is as He describes Himself, and we are to accept it as that, and not try to "define" His parts as He describes them

I remember talking to Harun Yahya, who said Allah is everywhere, and his proof was that since Allah descends the last third of the night and the night is continuous around the earth, then Allah is in all places

i disagree with this

but i also disagree with the nitpicking the speaker in the video does when Bilal Phillips mentions Allah is akin to a painter, Allah is a creator

surely Allah uses many such similitudes in quran, so we can better understand our relationship with Alllah

if we go nitpicking in any aspect of islam, and we have a specific agenda, we can always find some point to debate (this is where shrunk and his perspective comes in)

so i agree with the speaker regarding how bilal speaks against isnad when it comes to sufis but he supports isnad when it comes to salafis

like i said, an interesting rebuttal, but far from a clear refutation
                    Have you studied aqeedah with a teacher ?

I agree, but the nitpicking is done by both sides.
                    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Have you studied aqeedah with a teacher ?

I agree, but the nitpicking is done by both sides.
                      i have sat in a few classes by a few american imams over the years, but never ever any formal training in aqeedah
                      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

i have sat in a few classes by a few american imams over the years, but never ever any formal training in aqeedah
                        I would suggest you go and finish a book in aqeedah with a qualified teacher sidi, insh'Allah.

and for the first story you have narrated there is ikhtilaaf I am aware wehther the prophet :saw: said she was on Fitrah or a bielever.

perhaps sidi al-ghazali can clarify insh'Allah.
                        Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

I would suggest you go and finish a book in aqeedah with a qualified teacher sidi, insh'Allah.

and for the first story you have narrated there is ikhtilaaf I am aware wehther the prophet :saw: said she was on Fitrah or a bielever.

perhaps sidi al-ghazali can clarify insh'Allah.
                          you asked if i studied aqeedah with a teacher

now you are telling me to read a book on aqeeda

i have read books on aqeedah
                          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

you asked if i studied aqeedah with a teacher

now you are telling me to read a book on aqeeda

i have read books on aqeedah
                            A book/matan/text/et al with a teacher...
                            Last edited by .Abu.Rambo.; 11-07-11, 12:31 AM.
                            Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

I would recommend usool as Sunnah by imam ahmed.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X