Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Documentary on Sunni-Shia Divide/Origin/History/Conflict

Salaam,

I never bothered to investigate this topic in detail because I didn't think much good could come from learning about it but now I want to better understand.

Can someone let me know if you've seen any informative, un-biased, full length (greater than or equal to half an hour at least?) documentaries on the subject at hand and provide links if possible? Something from PBS perhaps? Not really looking for smaller youtube clips either unless it's a series that happens to be segmented into multiple clips.

This thread was not intended for discussion on the actual issue - if it was, I'd post it under general discussions - but I just to find some videos on it so unless you can provide links please do not post with the intention to instigate or make any hateful remarks.

Thank You.

Re: Looking for Documentary on Sunni-Shia Divide/Origin/History/Conflict

Originally posted by khanvict View Post
    Salaam,

I never bothered to investigate this topic in detail because I didn't think much good could come from learning about it but now I want to better understand.

Can someone let me know if you've seen any informative, un-biased, full length (greater than or equal to half an hour at least?) documentaries .
    unbiased ?

impossible. You will get the Sunni view, and the Shiah view

just make up your mind on your own

Comment

Re: Looking for Documentary on Sunni-Shia Divide/Origin/History/Conflict

Originally posted by alonzo View Post
      unbiased ?

impossible. You will get the Sunni view, and the Shiah view

just make up your mind on your own
      well, a real documentary is meant to be informative and un-biased. so long as the person making the documentary has no association to either side then there's nothing wrong with the presentation of both views. that is why i asked if there was one from PBS because it's not like they're for or against anybody. i did see one from PBS but it was more about the 2006 timeframe and the post-iraq war and it was only 10min long. i wanted something comprehensive that encompasses the entire span from it's origins.

i could just as easily read about it but i'm in the mood to watch the story unfold. i'm sure there's a good one out there.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X