Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sufism...Debunked

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Sufism...Debunked

    If i am not wrong then Abdullah ibn Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab rahimullah alai's grandfather,studied islam in iraq by the teachings of qadriyah order.
    صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
    Al-Muslimeen

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Sufism...Debunked

      Originally posted by Abu Mussab View Post
      Subhaanallaah. I just realized that you are the manifestation of my lecture!! Nonsense... Tareeqah is not for everyone?? You make the Deen of Allaah complicated and more like Hinduism and theirs caste system.... Were the Sahaabah not qualified to have their own Tareeqah? Where are they?

      Did you read this quote of Shaaf'ee from a book he authored or did you bring it from your Sufi sources...

      May Allaah guide you.

      Abu Mussab
      exactly...

      they keep saying sufis follow Qur'an & Sunnah and then we hear such nonsense from them as to not all Muslims can reach the tareeqah??!!! and the blind following of sufi sheikhs!!! all of which was never part of our simple/beautiful deen..

      and what is sad is most of those who are talking against the lecture did not watch all of it, and cannot refute what you said by bringing a single proof from Qur'an or Sunnah...

      BLIND followers is what they are...
      Last edited by tayyiboon; 03-08-10, 08:38 PM.
      "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Sufism...Debunked

        Originally posted by SOA7007 View Post
        The Place of Tasawwuf in Traditional Islam

        http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/tass2.htm


        <center>The Place of Tasawwuf in Traditional Islam</center>
        <hr>
        By Shaykh Nuh Ha Mim Keller
        stopped reading the moment i read that name...
        "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Sufism...Debunked

          Originally posted by SOA7007 View Post
          What is the reality of Tasawwuf ?

          Inshallah this e-book will clear all misconceptions

          bro and sis are invited to read with an open heart

          http://www.khanqah.org/books/show/reality-of-tasawwuf
          all talk and when it comes to implementing it is all bid'aat and innovations, blind following of sufi sheikhs and tareeqas by the thousands which were never there during the time of the Prophet :saw: and surprisingly each chain of tareeqas traces back to the Prophet :saw: himself!!!!!
          "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Sufism...Debunked

            Originally posted by tayyiboon View Post
            all talk and when it comes to implementing it is all bid'aat and innovations, blind following of sufi sheikhs and tareeqas by the thousands which were never there during the time of the Prophet :saw: and surprisingly each chain of tareeqas traces back to the Prophet :saw: himself!!!!!
            yes it does,you say it doesn't ?
            صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
            Al-Muslimeen

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Sufism...Debunked

              Originally posted by tayyiboon View Post
              stopped reading the moment i read that name...
              Shakyh Nuh is one of the most respected scholars out there bro :S he was the first Scholar to translate reliance of the traveller (shafi fiqh) and recieve certificate from Al-azhar uni
              ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
              Rumi RahimuAllah.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Sufism...Debunked

                Originally posted by tayyiboon View Post
                http://www.youtube.com/user/OneWayToParadise#g/c/C27943965D4A586D

                mashaAllah.......what a great job this young man did...
                Jazakallah khairun for this link.... I am watching it now

                Epic Quote "Thats what it boils down to... some guys FABRICATED WAY of worshipping Allah
                Non-Muslims do not say on the Day of Ressurection we did not convey to you the Message http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2506/...629e576ac2.jpg

                http://www.islamictube.net

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Sufism...Debunked

                  Originally posted by .Abu.Rambo. View Post
                  Shakyh Nuh is one of the most respected scholars out there bro :S he was the first Scholar to translate reliance of the traveller (shafi fiqh) and recieve certificate from Al-azhar uni
                  "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Sufism...Debunked

                    Originally posted by tayyiboon View Post
                    sorry brother,

                    check the following to see some of his beliefs which contradict Qur'an & Sunnah..

                    “Whoever has no sheikh, has the devil as his Sheikh.” - Nuh Keller [‘Tareeqa Notes’ Pg. 2 ]
                    Nuh Ha Mim Keller, an American Sufi Sheikh, became Muslim in 1977 and moved to Jordan where he currently resides. Keller claims to be a scholar of Islamic Fiqh. However, some troubling points can be found in his published works. We have listed and commentated some of his many mistaken statements and ideas, in order to expose his faults, lest the people follow the wrong ideas into misguidance and self-ruin

                    1. Following the Sheikh to death, and Setting aside one’s intellect !

                    a. Keller says: “The conduct of the disciple towards the sheikh… consists of five things: following what the sheikh says, even when something else seems better; avoiding what he forbids, even if it means ones death; upholding the sheikhs honor be he present or absent, dead or alive; fulfilling the sheikhs rights to the degree possible, without remissness.”

                    b. He continues: “... Suspending ones intellect, knowledge, and leadership except as the sheikh confirms.”

                    (Reference 2. Pg. 102-103)

                    2. Overly praises the following problematic figures:

                    A. Abd Al-Wahab Shaarani is praised by Keller as a “ Sha’afi scholar and prolific author in works in Sufism, sacred law and tenants of faith…”(Reference 1 pg 1023)

                    Comment:

                    However here are two examples of what Ash-Shaarani narrated in his writings:

                    i) He writes: “a man would not attain the levels of the siddiqeen, until he leaves his wife as if she was a widow, his kids as if they were orphans, and takes refuge in dogs pens.”(in At-Tassawuf, Wal Masdar Pg 58)

                    ii) Ash-Shaarani also praised a celebrated sufi, who “cut of his own private part in the beginning of his ‘Jathbah’ a mystic Sufi state.” (in Al-Akhlaaq Al-Matbuliyyah Vol. 3 Pg. 179)
                    read the rest @ http://www.islamicity.com/forum/foru...s.asp?TID=9579

                    there are other links but this one is enough i guess...

                    SO do u understand the hadith Quran on your own ?

                    what is your depth of knowledge regarding fiqh , shariah , hadith science etc ?

                    so u dont need a shiekh / scholar etc

                    Okay that makes sense why u people are like this .

                    Thank You for providing us the answer
                    How is it that those people are most beautiful who pray at night? Because they are alone with the All-Merciful who covers them with light from His light.
                    HASAN IBN AL - GRANDSON OF THE PROPHET
                    :saw:

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Sufism...Debunked

                      Originally posted by tayyiboon View Post
                      all talk and when it comes to implementing it is all bid'aat and innovations, blind following of sufi sheikhs and tareeqas by the thousands which were never there during the time of the Prophet :saw: and surprisingly each chain of tareeqas traces back to the Prophet :saw: himself!!!!!
                      Fear Allah SWT for what u have said about him
                      You do not even know him and accused him of all talks , bidaat innovations ....
                      Fear Allah SWT
                      How is it that those people are most beautiful who pray at night? Because they are alone with the All-Merciful who covers them with light from His light.
                      HASAN IBN AL - GRANDSON OF THE PROPHET
                      :saw:

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Sufism...Debunked

                        Originally posted by Abu Mussab View Post
                        Fair enough. Can you please share the references so I can correct myself? The companions specifically, if you don't mind Akhi.
                        Sorry for the late reply.

                        Imām Al-Qurtubī mentions in his Tafsīr that a group of people came to ‘Uthmān and one of them had been staring at a woman. ‘Uthmān said to them upon arrival, “One of you enters with fornicating eyes!” They retorted, “Is there revelation after the Nabi Sallallāhu ‘alayhi wa Sallam)?” He replied, “Not revelation but firāsatun sādiqah (truthful inspired insight)!”

                        The statement of Sayyidina of Abū Bakr As-Siddīq (Radhiya Allāhu ‘Anhu) is reported by Imam Malik in his Muwatta. It is reported that he saw via a dream, before his death, that his wife Habībah bint Khārijah ibn Zayd Al-Khazrajiyyah bore in her womb a girl. He told Ā’ishah she would have to share her inheritance with ‘two brothers and two sisters’. She said to him, “Is it not just Asmā? Who is the other?” He said, “The one in the womb of Khārijah’s daughter. I was shown it is a girl.” That daughter was Umm Kulthūm!

                        [This is also narrated by Ibn Sa’ad in his Tabaqāt, Bayhaqi in his Sunan, Abdur-Razzāq in his Musannaf and many other scholars.]

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: Sufism...Debunked

                          Originally posted by Fais View Post
                          Sorry for the late reply.

                          Imām Al-Qurtubī mentions in his Tafsīr that a group of people came to ‘Uthmān and one of them had been staring at a woman. ‘Uthmān said to them upon arrival, “One of you enters with fornicating eyes!” They retorted, “Is there revelation after the Nabi Sallallāhu ‘alayhi wa Sallam)?” He replied, “Not revelation but firāsatun sādiqah (truthful inspired insight)!”

                          The statement of Sayyidina of Abū Bakr As-Siddīq (Radhiya Allāhu ‘Anhu) is reported by Imam Malik in his Muwatta. It is reported that he saw via a dream, before his death, that his wife Habībah bint Khārijah ibn Zayd Al-Khazrajiyyah bore in her womb a girl. He told Ā’ishah she would have to share her inheritance with ‘two brothers and two sisters’. She said to him, “Is it not just Asmā? Who is the other?” He said, “The one in the womb of Khārijah’s daughter. I was shown it is a girl.” That daughter was Umm Kulthūm!

                          [This is also narrated by Ibn Sa’ad in his Tabaqāt, Bayhaqi in his Sunan, Abdur-Razzāq in his Musannaf and many other scholars.]
                          May Allaah forgive you Akhi. How did you consider these two incidents you quoted to be similar to what I mentioned of the misguided Sufis who claim they have knowledge of the unseen?! I do not deny the Faraasah of the Mu'min, the righteous among them that is. Is that considered though knowledge of the unseen? If you refer to the works of the scholars, you will make out that the idea of a man telling another his name, where he is from, age, etc... is from the works of the Jinn and fortunetelling and has nothing to do with the Faraasah of the believer who judges according to the appearance({إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لآيَاتٍ لِّلْمُتَوَسِّمِينَ}) of the person and not by making some random outlandish remarks. If you speak Arabic, this link will clear things up for you Akhi so that you'll know the difference between what I criticized and what the Sahaabah and the righteous were upon.

                          http://www.saaid.net/arabic/309.htm

                          In summary, we are addressing to different concepts. Read the statements of the wild Sufis and see if they sound in any way similar to the Farasaat of the Sahaabah...

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: Sufism...Debunked

                            Originally posted by Abu Mussab View Post
                            May Allaah forgive you Akhi. How did you consider these two incidents you quoted to be similar to what I mentioned of the misguided Sufis who claim they have knowledge of the unseen?! I do not deny the Faraasah of the Mu'min, the righteous among them that is. Is that considered though knowledge of the unseen? If you refer to the works of the scholars, you will make out that the idea of a man telling another his name, where he is from, age, etc... is from the works of the Jinn and fortunetelling and has nothing to do with the Faraasah of the believer who judges according to the appearance({إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لآيَاتٍ لِّلْمُتَوَسِّمِينَ}) of the person and not by making some random outlandish remarks. If you speak Arabic, this link will clear things up for you Akhi so that you'll know the difference between what I criticized and what the Sahaabah and the righteous were upon.

                            http://www.saaid.net/arabic/309.htm

                            In summary, we are addressing to different concepts. Read the statements of the wild Sufis and see if they sound in any way similar to the Farasaat of the Sahaabah...
                            Ameen.

                            Firstly, unfortunately i dont know Arabic.

                            Is that considered though knowledge of the unseen?
                            Well you would have to define "knowledge of the unseen" first. And Secondly, does Allah (SWT) reveal some of the unseen to some of His (SWT) slaves?

                            Why can't "a man telling another his name, where he is from, age," be from the Karamat of the Awliya which is agreed upon by consensus?

                            Also akhi, what do you think of the some of the quotes quoted in post #26 with regards to what you said here:

                            Originally posted by Abu Mussab View Post
                            Is there such thing as a real Sufi Akhi?
                            Last edited by Fais; 04-08-10, 10:07 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: Sufism...Debunked

                              Originally posted by al faqeer
                              Hows that ? Tayyibon implies that this guy on youtube has debunked tassawuf so why cant he be humiliated ?
                              Forget what Tayyiboon says for a moment.

                              Why should he be? Maybe he's genuine and sincere but just doesn't know?

                              Like i said Muslims don't "humiliate" other Muslims, especially with Ramadan around the corner.

                              Anyone is humiliated if the info he/she gives out to people is wrong right ? so that makes him look like a fool later.
                              Not if a person is sincere .. because if they sincere and know what they said was wrong they'll take back what they said.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: Sufism...Debunked

                                Originally posted by Abu Mussab View Post
                                May Allaah forgive you Akhi. How did you consider these two incidents you quoted to be similar to what I mentioned of the misguided Sufis who claim they have knowledge of the unseen?! I do not deny the Faraasah of the Mu'min, the righteous among them that is. Is that considered though knowledge of the unseen? If you refer to the works of the scholars, you will make out that the idea of a man telling another his name, where he is from, age, etc... is from the works of the Jinn and fortunetelling and has nothing to do with the Faraasah of the believer who judges according to the appearance({إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لآيَاتٍ لِّلْمُتَوَسِّمِينَ}) of the person and not by making some random outlandish remarks. If you speak Arabic, this link will clear things up for you Akhi so that you'll know the difference between what I criticized and what the Sahaabah and the righteous were upon.

                                http://www.saaid.net/arabic/309.htm

                                In summary, we are addressing to different concepts. Read the statements of the wild Sufis and see if they sound in any way similar to the Farasaat of the Sahaabah...
                                Your problem is you generalize trying to outlaw Tassawuf where as it is a core part of Islamic teachings , Should we leave islam because we have Muslims that deviated ? the same answer you will get when talking about tassawuf .

                                Why Dont you talk about the People of Tassawuf who spread Islam accross the world ? Who fought and won Islamic battles and saved Islam literally through the grace of Allah SWT , if these people were so called deviants why were they victorious ?
                                Last edited by al faqeer; 04-08-10, 11:34 AM.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X