Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was America founded as a Christian Nation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was America founded as a Christian Nation?

http://thedeenshow.com/show.php?action=detail&id=1856
    "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

Re: Was America founded as a Christian Nation?

:jkk: it's very enlightening post. i never knew george washington was a deist and that the 2nd president of U.S wished that Turkey would send them a free translation of the Quran

Comment

Here's the video on the same page

Comment

of course it wasn't. Pretty much every founding father detested Christianity.
        "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

freemasonry. george washington was a free mason.

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
            of course it wasn't. Pretty much every founding father detested Christianity.
            That is just a silly statement.
            Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

While America is not believes a separation of church and state, the vast majority of the founding fathers were Christians.

To speak of unalienable Rights being endowed by a Creator shows their Christian background. </pre>

Comment

Originally posted by dour View Post
                that is a true statement, watch the video first and the sources are there for everyone to refer back to...
                "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by tayyiboon View Post
                  that is a true statement, watch the video first and the sources are there for everyone to refer back to...
                  Yes, ignore the founding fathers own papers, actions, letters. If it is in a video it is true. (sarcasm)

Comment

While America is not believes a separation of church and state, the vast majority of the founding fathers were Christians.

To speak of unalienable Rights being endowed by a Creator shows their Christian background. </pre>
                    a 'creator', doesn't mean the Christian view of God. I really don't think they were Christian, although their people were.
                    Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
                    In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
                    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
                    (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

while there not all founding fathers were christian, most were. They were also well educated and did study history, other religions, and other cultures.

George Washington and religion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_...n_and_religion

"The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity. I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God." <sub>
                      --Adams wrote this on June 28, 1813, in a letter to Thomas Jefferson.

</sub>Thomas Jefferson
                      3rd U.S. President, Drafter and Signer of the Declaration of Independence
                      "God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever; That a revolution of the wheel of fortune, a change of situation, is among possible events; that it may become probable by Supernatural influence! The Almighty has no attribute which can take side with us in that event." <sub>
                      --Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII, p. 237.</sub>

"I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ." <sub>
                      --The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, p. 385.

</sub>Benjamin Franklin
                      Signer of the Declaration of Independence and Unites States Constitution
                      "Here is my Creed. I believe in one God, the Creator of the Universe. That He governs it by His Providence. That He ought to be worshipped.
                      That the most acceptable service we render to him is in doing good to his other children. That the soul of man is immortal, and will be treated with justice in another life respecting its conduct in this. These I take to be the fundamental points in all sound religion, and I regard them as you do in whatever sect I meet with them.
                      As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the system of morals and his religion, as he left them to us, is the best the world ever saw, or is likely to see;

Comment

Yes, ignore the founding fathers own papers, actions, letters. If it is in a video it is true. (sarcasm)
                        this irrelevant though, America was founded on genocide, by wipping out Millions of Red Indians who had been the rightful inheritors of the nation ...
                        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Dour you are living in cloud cookooland.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Washington the Freemason (1/2)
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd8ZDJZ9E0Y&feature=related

Secrets of the Founding Fathers part 1 (History Channel)
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otUlf-3ivvM&feature=related

Thats your own media claiming your founding fathers were Freemasonic Lucifer worshippers and here you are stupid enough to believe that they were just good honest Christians! :rotfl:
                          Non-Muslims do not say on the Day of Ressurection we did not convey to you the Message http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2506/...629e576ac2.jpg

http://www.islamictube.net

Comment

not really.
                            "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                              not really.
                              true

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X