Clear All

• Pictures: The ruins of Detroit

Michigan Central Station

Downtown Detroit

Farwell Building

Broderick Tower

Donovan Building

Whitney Building
    Last edited by abdulwakil; 18-07-10, 02:05 AM.
    Worship Allah alone

"....Verily, Allaah guides not those people who are the Zalimun."
    [EMQ 5:51]

Re: Pictures: The ruins of Detroit

Bank Vault

United Artists Theater

Fort Shelby Hotel

Ballroom, Fort Wayne Hotel

William Livingstone House

Melting Clock

First Unitarian Church
    Worship Allah alone

Comment

East Methodist Church

Luben Apartments

Rich-Dex Apartments

Margaret Mary School

Wilbur Wright School

Library

Packard Motors Plant
      Worship Allah alone

Comment

Fisher Body 21 Plant

Lee Plaza Hotel

Ballroom, Lee Plaza Hotel

Packard Motors Plant
        Worship Allah alone

Comment

Woow these are some really beautiful yet sad pictures, when my family was driving to chicago we went through detroit michigan and it honestly looks like a forgotten city, its got alot of historical features to it but the government simply dosnt care, some of the places u showed in ur pictures u can tell where once really beautiful places but now theyre run down and old, the government should restore these places
          ‎"when she is a daughter, she opens a door of jannah for her father. when she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. when she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet. If everyone knew the status of a muslim women in islam, even men would want to be women." Sheikh Akram Nadawi

Comment

A sign of whats to come for the country at the spearhead of disbelief.
            First they came for the 'Terrorists', and I did not speak out.
            Then they came for the fundraisers, and I did not speak out.
            Next they came for the ulama, and I did not speak out.
            And then they came for me.

Comment

"O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Detroit and the surrounding cities is home to the largest amount of Muslims in the USA. Some suburbs are almost completely all Arab.
                Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Many of the suburbs are very nice. The downtown is terrible, barely anyone lives there.

Comment

Originally posted by Abd ul-Muntaqim View Post
                    A sign of whats to come for the country at the spearhead of disbelief.
                    Subhanallah that was my thought exactly.

Today America is the most powerful pharaoh on earth but tomorrow it will be gone.

Looking at those pictures is a sign of things to come, and also a reminder about the previous nations Allah (swt) wiped away, for some reason this verse came to my mind...

How many were the gardens and springs they left behind. And corn-fields and noble buildings. And wealth (and conveniences of life) wherein they had taken such delight! Thus (was their end)! And We made other people inherit (those things)! And neither heaven nor earth shed a tear over them: nor were they given a respite (again).

[Ad-Dukhan 25-29]

and Allah (swt) says

To each one, We set forth parables and examples; and each one We broke to utter annihilation (for their wrong actions). And the (disbelievers) must indeed have passed by the town on which was rained a shower of evil: did they not then see it (with their own eyes)? But they fear not the Resurrection. (Surat al-Furqan: 38-40)

So, We made it an example to their own time and to their posterity, and a lesson to those who fear Allah.
                    (Surat al-Baqarah: 66)

Does it not teach them a lesson, how many generations We destroyed before them, in whose dwellings they (now) go to and fro? Verily in that are Signs: Do they not then listen? (Surat as-Sajdah: 26)
                    (Surat al-Baqarah: 66)
                    Non-Muslims do not say on the Day of Ressurection we did not convey to you the Message http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2506/...629e576ac2.jpg

http://www.islamictube.net

Comment

Fallout New Vegas:The Movie

Comment

some beautiful buildings.

Can no one take these on as there own restoration projects?

Comment

link
                          "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

damn looks like something out of a zombie flick.

Comment

Assalamu Alaikum,

Have you read verse 182 of chapter 7. الأعراف in the Holy Quran?

وَالَّذينَ كَذَّبوا بِـٔايٰتِنا سَنَستَدرِجُهُم مِن حَيثُ لا يَعلَمونَ

English-Sarwar translation

We gradually lead those who have called Our revelations mere lies, to destruction. Their destruction will be such that they will not even notice how it seized them
                              "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

" How can the one who chooses a hour of Haraam pleasure, above the eternal pleasure of Jannah, ever be considered as sane? "
                              -Ibn Al Qayyim

Beneficial Database of Islamic Books and Media: www.Islamhouse.com
                              Interested in Islam : www.islamreligion.com ; www.islam-guide.com

Comment

Working...
                              X