Islamophobia Test Islam People reaction to woman in Hijab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islamophobia Test Islam People reaction to woman in Hijab

Islamophobia Test Islam People reaction to woman in Hijab.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RhIwLgNsfwI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RhIwLgNsfwI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Re: Islamophobia Test Islam People reaction to woman in Hijab

I just finished a sociology course, and one of the concepts we learned about is "diffusion of responsibility," which may be an explanation for how many ppl passed by this woman being "harrassed." In diffusion of responsibility, it has been tested (and proven) that the more people around, the less likely someone will react to whatever wrong that is happening. This was first studied after a woman was killed in NY, even though there were many people in the area; no one came to her aid until it was too late. During an experiment that was done, different groups of people were brought into the university. They were told that they'd be answering questions about life at the university, etc. While in the room, filling out the survey, waiting to see the "interviewer," smoke would enter into the room from under the door that led to the room where the "interviewer" was at. When there was only one test-subject in the room filling out the survey, they would promptly get help. However, the more people in the room filling out the survey (up to five ppl at times), the longer it took for someone to respond. In a clip that we watched of the experiment, you could visibly see the smoke, and you could tell the people noticed the smoke, but were trying to ignore it...no one said anything. This sort of phenomenon ("diffusion of responsibility") can explain the reactions, or lack there of, by the people that were passing by during the "harrassment" in the video. Ha, insh'Allah, what I just typed made sense!
    [CENTER][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][B][I][SIZE="3"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Regarding spouses: "They are your garments, and you are their garments." (Qur'an, Surah 2:187)[/FONT][/SIZE][/I][/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Cg6rc6wtA[/url][/CENTER]

[SIZE="4"][CENTER][B][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Alhamdulilah! [/COLOR][/B][I] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Beautiful nasheed[/COLOR][/I]..[COLOR="Purple"].if you click on the link, be sure to listen to the [B][U][I][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]ENTIRE[/COLOR][/I][/U][/B] thing![/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]

Comment

it was awful watching that and seeing how many people just watched it happen
      most were probably too scared of getting abuse thrown at them to intervene.

Comment

Astagfirullah

Ignorant people who do not stop things like this.

Comment

At 3.14, silly little racist chav.
          SPREAD OF EVIL
          ZIONISM
          BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X