13 year old British boy convert to islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 year old British boy convert to islam

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2731cg5xbRo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2731cg5xbRo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A young 13 yr old former Christian boy decides his future should include the Islamic way of life and accepts Islam in front of a live audience of thousands with Islam Channel presenter Abdul Akbar. Henry's parents are Christians and they consented to his conversion stating it was his choice.

This event took place on 25th Nov 2007 at the Excel Arena in London at the Global Peace & Unity event.
    "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

" How can the one who chooses a hour of Haraam pleasure, above the eternal pleasure of Jannah, ever be considered as sane? "
    -Ibn Al Qayyim

Beneficial Database of Islamic Books and Media: www.Islamhouse.com
    Interested in Islam : www.islamreligion.com ; www.islam-guide.com

Re: 13 year old British boy convert to islam

My shahada was just like that. Oh, that brings so many memories. :D
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
      My shahada was just like that. Oh, that brings so many memories. :D
      I was just wondering, it can be daunting doing that in front of so many people.

Because some people would then question their intentions in converting to Islam. I.e. am i doing it out of sincerity or for fame and show and to rebel against mainstream society/community and family. Can that be confusing for the revert?
      "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

" How can the one who chooses a hour of Haraam pleasure, above the eternal pleasure of Jannah, ever be considered as sane? "
      -Ibn Al Qayyim

Comment

Originally posted by Arsalan View Post
        I was just wondering, it can be daunting doing that in front of so many people.

Because some people would then question their intentions in converting to Islam. I.e. am i doing it out of sincerity or for fame and show and to rebel against mainstream society/community and family. Can that be confusing for the revert?
        When I took my shahada, the imam had a very thick accent and spoke very quietly, so when he was recieting the shahada and I was to reciet after him, I couldn't understand him. I was sitting there for a second or two, my face turning red, starting to sweat, and I had to ask him to repeat. It was embarrassing. :o

But I've never heard of people questioning intentions like that.
        Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

When I took my shahada, the imam had a very thick accent and spoke very quietly, so when he was recieting the shahada and I was to reciet after him, I couldn't understand him. I was sitting there for a second or two, my face turning red, starting to sweat, and I had to ask him to repeat. It was embarrassing. :o

But I've never heard of people questioning intentions like that.
          Yeh. With you, was it your own study of Islam, or was it peer-group interaction?

-Ibn Al Qayyim

Comment

Yeh. With you, was it your own study of Islam, or was it peer-group interaction?

It was study of Islam.

I'm not going to lie. I'll admit that I didn't research Islam thoroughly before converting, but alhumdilillah I follow Islam at all.

Comment

It was study of Islam.

I'm not going to lie. I'll admit that I didn't research Islam thoroughly before converting, but alhumdilillah I follow Islam at all.
              mashAllah. Thats good. Sometimes the peer group you are around can have a tremendous influence in shaping your religious, moral opinions. But if you study Islam yourself espeically with a scholar you can develop your Din and morals in a much more pristine way.

-Ibn Al Qayyim

Comment

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2731cg5xbRo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2731cg5xbRo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A young 13 yr old former Christian boy decides his future should include the Islamic way of life and accepts Islam in front of a live audience of thousands with Islam Channel presenter Abdul Akbar. Henry's parents are Christians and they consented to his conversion stating it was his choice.

This event took place on 25th Nov 2007 at the Excel Arena in London at the Global Peace & Unity event.
                :sub: that is one intelligent boy ... :up:

May Allah Ta'ala help the brother succeed in Dunya and Akhira,

Ameen,

:jkk:
                http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

The person telling him the shahada in Arabic made a mistake. He said 'Ashahdu anlaa ilaaha waillalah ...'. Now that 'wa' is wrong.

Comment

By the way, I don't get that noise. It is too much to me. Sounds more of an Oprah show. Don't understand why people should shout that loud and from the voice it looks like they are female.

Comment

SUBHANALLAH!!!! tHATS SOO AMZING!! ther was a young brother like that in my local mosque who reverted to Islam. The new younger generation is being pulled by the beauty of this DEEN.
                      "What can my enemies do to me? I have in my breast both my heaven and my garden. If I travel they are with me, never leaving me. Imprisonment for me is a chance to be alone with my Lord. To be killed is martyrdom and to be exiled from my land is a spiritual journey." - Shaykh ul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimuhullah)

Comment

This brought me to tears Mash'Allah. Allahu Akbar!! Truely Allah is the Most Greatest!! May Allah aza wa jaal make this young boy's life easier and may he make him a pious boy and always on siratul mustaqeem. Ameen :love:

Btw what is the name of the nasheed at the end? I know it is by Ahmed Bukhatir but I dunno what the name of it is.
                        Allah the Almighty has laid down religious duties, so do not neglect them. He has set boundaries, so do not over step them. He has prohibited some things, so do not violate them; about some things He was silent-out of compassion for you, not forgetfulness, so seek not after them
                        :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma Dreamer View Post
                          By the way, I don't get that noise. It is too much to me. Sounds more of an Oprah show. Don't understand why people should shout that loud and from the voice it looks like they are female.
                          Yeh that must be so off putting for the person giving their shahahda .. like oh damn what crazy people have i joined. Is this a top of the pops repeat or somen.

-Ibn Al Qayyim

Comment

Originally posted by Islamiyyah View Post

Btw what is the name of the nasheed at the end? I know it is by Ahmed Bukhatir but I dunno what the name of it is.
                            :(
                            Allah the Almighty has laid down religious duties, so do not neglect them. He has set boundaries, so do not over step them. He has prohibited some things, so do not violate them; about some things He was silent-out of compassion for you, not forgetfulness, so seek not after them
                            :love:

Comment

I love it when people except Islam:fairy:

Comment

Working...
                              X