X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AmantuBillahi
    replied
    Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

What I don't understand is that at 45:10 he stated, "here's the irony: the Atharis have kicked me out and the other groups are not going to accept me anyway".

He has made similiar statements in other interviews and podcasts when speaking about the Athari creed. What doesn't make sense is that it appears he is conflating Salafi (Najdi MIAW Tawheed) with Atharism. I'm curious to know who are these Atharis that have supposedly kicked him out and on what basis? It's not like he has rejected any of the fundamental viewpoints of the Athari methodology, at least not through the paradigm of Ibn Taymiyyah(ra). Criticizing the exaggerations of the Sifat contraversy should not be reasonable grounds to remove someone from being an Athari.

Apparently he's going to release future library chats discussing these issues further.
    Perhaps what he means is that some people do not consider him Athari because he doesn't teach books like Aqeedah al-Wasitiyyah or other Athari texts to the general public. However, even if this is true it's not like he completely shuns away from the Attributes or has no position.

In this video released less than a year ago he promotes an Ibn Taymiyyan approach to a contentious Attribute at 11:40:

Leave a comment:

• AmantuBillahi
    replied
    Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
    What I don't understand is that at 45:10 he stated, "here's the irony: the Atharis have kicked me out and the other groups are not going to accept me anyway".

He has made similiar statements in other interviews and podcasts when speaking about the Athari creed. What doesn't make sense is that it appears he is conflating Salafi (Najdi MIAW Tawheed) with Atharism. I'm curious to know who are these Atharis that have supposedly kicked him out and on what basis? It's not like he has rejected any of the fundamental viewpoints of the Athari methodology, at least not through the paradigm of Ibn Taymiyyah(ra). Criticizing the exaggerations of the Sifat contraversy should not be reasonable grounds to remove someone from being an Athari.

Apparently he's going to release future library chats discussing these issues further.

Leave a comment:

• Yasir Qadhi on the Origins of Kalam and the Sifat Contraversy

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X