No announcement yet.

Yasir Qadhi on Istigatha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't agree with this brother's perspective on these issues but still thought it would be worthwhile sharing.

Basam Zawadi's response to Yasir Qadhi's library chat on the Najdi Da'wah:

Article on defining Ibadah:

https://bassamzawadi.medium.com/defi...h-6682e7abaf87

Comment

Last edited by aMuslimForLife; 28-02-21, 04:11 AM.
      My Blog ---> Reflections of the Traveler http://baraka.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
        Doesn't this prove that their Shirk in these circumstances are violations of Rububiyyah via Allah's right of ultimate obedience?
        I would agree it's just that i'm not sure which attribute of Rububiyyah the right of ultimate obedience falls under, what do you think?

What about the issue of minor Shirk with regards to showing off in acts of worship? Are people taking other created beings as "Ilah" in this situation despite not attributing them with any qualities of Lordship? Why did the Prophet(saws) refer to this as minor Shirk (which appears to be solely related to Uluhiyyah) when it would have been more precise to call it "minor Kufr" based on these standards?
        I don't think so, as minor shirk doesn't reach that level of ascribing divinity or status of elevation. The Prophet did that so as to warn us of it's severity and what eventually this leads to, as for calling it minor kufr i don't know perhaps trying asking shaykh etc.

Comment

Who else says that this Ayah refers to minor shirk?
          This is the first time i've heard of anyone giving that interpretation tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

Salah is an act of worship. But you said even salah towards other than Allah is not automatically shirk.
            But many things are an act of worship, qiyaam and sujood and reading and sleeping ect are all acts of worship when done with a certain intention.

Comment

Originally posted by AdoonkaAlle View Post

I'm a bit puzzled by that statement of yours, do you mean to imply that a muslim can't commit shirk ?
              If he understands basic tawheed it won't happen, some people have made it out as if you can accidently fall into major shirk if you are not careful.

Comment

Originally posted by AdoonkaAlle View Post

We never did tbh it's just that the way i formulated my disagreement that made it seem that way, was just trying to say physical acts of salah even when we disregard belief isn't an act that people do for each other.

I would say that the beliefs which lead to major shirk are quite diverse tbh as some deal with aspects of divinity while others don't. Those that deal with ascribing divinity/lordship to other than Allah will always be considered shirk eg pagans of makkah etc. As for the latter a good example would be believing in the lawfulness of obeying others in going against what Allah commanded, legislated etc.
                But that too is undermining Allah's lordship, you are putting the obedience of a creature over the obedience of the creator.

Comment

Sujood and rukuh are acts of worship. What next, saying Allah isn't one without partners as long as you don't intend to mean it?

This is pure 'Only Allah can judge me' nonsense.
                  Sujood is just an act, it is an act of worship in a certain context with a certain intention yes....it's not an act of worship in and of itself.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHaqq View Post

But many things are an act of worship, qiyaam and sujood and reading and sleeping ect are all acts of worship when done with a certain intention.
                    Do you not regard speech and action to be indicative of intention?

To put it another way, do you believe someone making a statement and acting on it doesn't mean they intended it? Or, can someone organise and perform an action without intending it?
                    Last edited by Abu 'Abdullaah; 28-02-21, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHaqq View Post

Sujood is just an act, it is an act of worship in a certain context with a certain intention yes....it's not an act of worship in and of itself.
                      You said sujood in the context of salah which clearly means it refers to worship.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHaqq

Sujood and rukuh are acts of worship. What next, saying Allah isn't one without partners as long as you don't intend to mean it?

This is pure 'Only Allah can judge me' nonsense.
                        Yea but sujood is worship isn't it?

Comment

Lol

Comment

You said sujood in the context of salah which clearly means it refers to worship.
                            Yes but when we say Salah, we are referring to something that we know has a specific intention behind it.

Comment

Do you not regard speech and action to be indicative of intention?

To put it another way, do you believe someone making a statement and acting on it doesn't mean they intended it? Or, can someone organise and perform an action without intending it?
                              They can intend the action, but to intend worship means you have a specific belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

Yea but sujood is worship isn't it?
                                In a certain context, yes.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X