Coronavirus and sign from dua?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronavirus and sign from dua?

Salam, just wanted to share a small personal experience that I had today.

I was somewhat worried about my mother getting coronavirus given how weak her immune system can be (plus she has other illnesses such as thyroid issues and diabetes). I was thinking about other things too, like a dispute we had with our landlord and their overdue repair job.

I came across this dua just straight after while flicking through the pages of a dua book:

Surah Yunus (Chapter 10 of the Qur'an) - verses 85-86:

85: "Our Lord, make us not a trial for the nation of wrongdoers

86: And save us, by Your mercy, from the nation of disbelievers"

I firstly saw this and thought, it might relate to what I was thinking about the coronavirus outbreak and the dispute with our landlord. Its all kinda fuzzy in my head right now

but I feel I need to recognize a sign about this soon in sha Allah

I ask Allah to make us all learn from this aamiin

Morose neelu Abisali aelmo Ya'sin and anyone else, lemme know your thoughts, in sha Allah
    Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
    In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
    (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Take good omens
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

May Allah protect your mother.

I believe we are given signs and this is just another way Allah guides us and helps us. I do not consider it mere happenstance that you landed on that supplication.

I would say, now that you have seen it, recite the dua as often as you can in sha Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
        May Allah protect your mother.

I believe we are given signs and this is just another way Allah guides us and helps us. I do not consider it mere happenstance that you landed on that supplication.

I would say, now that you have seen it, recite the dua as often as you can in sha Allah.
        Jazakallah Khair, good advice, I will try to recite it frequently in sha Allah.

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Comment

Walaykum salam,

I've been meaning to ask you how you're doing Laila. May Allah (swt) keep you and your family safe from harm- ameen.
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
            Walaykum salam,

I've been meaning to ask you how you're doing Laila. May Allah (swt) keep you and your family safe from harm- ameen.
            I have been fine alhamdulilah, I have been also wanting to message u on FB, in sha Allah I will to catch up

Comment

these are just my thoughts, Allah knows best

I think signs or anything similar, helps us to put our trust in Allah.

That trust itself gives us some comfort that Allah is the All seeing, The All hearing and he is our witness. Sometimes worries can cause doubts.

He is also the Turner of hearts. All these attributes come to my mind.

Whenever I get a sign, I feel like Allah is listening to my prayers.

This a dua I try to read everyday:

​​​​
              i am pleased with Allah as my Lord, with islam as my religion and with Muhammad as my prophet.

especially because we live in darul kufr, it is a reminder

May Allah swt make things easy for you and your mum, and bless you both with good health. Ameen
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

these are just my thoughts, Allah knows best

I think signs or anything similar, helps us to put our trust in Allah.

That trust itself gives us some comfort that Allah is the All seeing, The All hearing and he is our witness. Sometimes worries can cause doubts.

He is also the Turner of hearts. All these attributes come to my mind.

Whenever I get a sign, I feel like Allah is listening to my prayers.

This a dua I try to read everyday:

​​​​
                i am pleased with Allah as my Lord, with islam as my religion and with Muhammad as my prophet.

especially because we live in darul kufr, it is a reminder

May Allah swt make things easy for you and your mum, and bless you both with good health. Ameen
                Great post and I ask Allah to grant the same for u too and all of you, aamiin

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X