Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A short repentance dua - so big it wipes away major sins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A short repentance dua - so big it wipes away major sins!

Zayd ibn Harithah reported:

The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever says this supplication,

‘I seek forgiveness from Allah Almighty, besides whom there is no God, the Living, the Sustainer, and I repent to him,’

[
    transliteration: you say the dua like this - ‘Astaghfirullah-alladhi la ilaha illa Huwal-Haiyul-Qayyumu, wa atubu ilayhi']

then Allah will forgive him even if he fled from battle.

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 3577

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

عن زيد بن حارثة أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ مَنْ قَالَ أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ الْعَظِيمَ الَّذِي لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا هُوَ الْحَيَّ الْقَيُّومَ وَأَتُوبُ إِلَيْهِ غُفِرَ لَهُ وَإِنْ كَانَ فَرَّ مِنْ الزَّحْفِ

3577 سنن الترمذي كتاب الدعوات باب في دعاء الضيف

3577 المحدث الألباني خلاصة حكم المحدث صحيح في صحيح الترمذي
    Running away from battle is one of the 7 major sins*, but imagine, even a sin as big as that can be forgiven by this short dua that takes seconds to say!

*The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) explained the seven sins that doom a person to Hell in a saheeh hadeeth that was narrated by the two Shaykhs, al-Bukhaari and Muslim, in as-Saheehayn, in which it was narrated that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said:

“Avoid the seven sins that doom a person to Hell.”

We said: What are they, O Messenger of Allah? He said: “Associating others with Allah (shirk); witchcraft; killing a soul whom Allah has forbidden us to kill, except in cases dictated by Islamic law; consuming orphans’ wealth; consuming riba; fleeing from the battlefield; and slandering chaste, innocent women.”
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Subhaanallah walhamdulillaah wallahu akbar
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
    -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Also i would like to add that still this repenting and seeking forgiveness should be done with sincerity. A person should give up the sin and intend to not go back to it again. Jazakallahu khair.

Comment

Originally posted by Yahya2020 View Post
        Also i would like to add that still this repenting and seeking forgiveness should be done with sincerity. A person should give up the sin and intend to not go back to it again. Jazakallahu khair.
        Even if you sin, if you ask for forgiveness/repent sincerely and return to the sin, you will still be forgiven again according to Islamic teachings,

Usually the issue is not sincerity with most people, but returning to sins frequently despite past resolve and istighfar
        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I remember when I first came across this hadith, I remember it sounded like something that is too amazing to be true, but subhaanallah, alhamdulillaah, such is the Kindness of our Master to us.
          Allahu akbar.

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
          -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Working...
          X