Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If your sins filled the earth, Allah would forgive you! Allah loves YOU!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If your sins filled the earth, Allah would forgive you! Allah loves YOU!

On the authority of Anas (ra) who said:

I heard the Messenger of Allah (saw) say, “Allah the Almighty has said: ‘O Son of Adam, as long as you invoke Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O Son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and you then asked forgiveness from Me, I would forgive you. O Son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the Earth, and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it [too].’ ”

[Tirmidhi]

وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

usernametaken Plinchun HotDesi Indefinable nudgetheputri Janna90 aelmo neelu eesa the kiwi Kiro Faith reloaded 2

In these dark times, as we hurtle towards the day of Judgement everyday, moreso since many minor signs have passed...

I think it would be then important to remember Allah as being so forgiving and loving...

Mainly since these tribulations and trials will take physical, emotional, financial toils on you, plus affect your spirituality/iman,

Then I think just remember how forgiving and loving Allah is, then look at this hadith and remember how Allah is so kind and would forgive sins that exceed how high the clouds are, and how big the earth is

Just remember, as everyday we inch closer to the Sun rising from the West where repentance is no more... that Allah can forgive sins so big and many that they can fill the earth. So don't be shy, ask Allah, He will forgive and will not mind...
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Comment

Loving Mintchocchip Fakhri-bin-Ali

Comment

To add. Allah can certainly forgive the sins but we must be sincere in seeking forgiveness (we must regret what we have done and intend to not return to it).

Comment

Originally posted by Yahya2020 View Post
          To add. Allah can certainly forgive the sins but we must be sincere in seeking forgiveness (we must regret what we have done and intend to not return to it).
          Good point, I will add a fatwa on this in a bit, about this point

Comment

Yahya2020

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/4588...enting-from-it

Praise be to Allah

Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who, when they have committed fahishah (illegal sexual intercourse) or wronged themselves with evil, remember Allah and ask forgiveness for their sins; — and none can forgive sins but Allah — and do not persist in what (wrong) they have done, while they know.

For such, the reward is forgiveness from their Lord, and Gardens with rivers flowing underneath (Paradise), wherein they shall abide forever. How excellent is this reward for the doers (who do righteous deeds according to Allah’s orders).”

[3:135-136]

Ibn Katheer said:

The words “and do not persist in what (wrong) they have done” mean: they repent from their sins and quickly turn to Allah, and they do not persist in their sin, rather they give it up, and if they do it again they repent to Him. Tafseer Ibn Katheer.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say: “A person committed a sin and said: ‘My Lord, I have sinned; forgive me.’

His Lord said: ‘Is My slave acknowledging that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and punishes for them? I have forgiven My slave.’

Then as much time passed as Allah willed, then he committed a sin and said, ‘My Lord, I have sinned; forgive me.’

His Lord said: ‘Is My slave acknowledging that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and punishes for them? I have forgiven My slave.’

Then as much time passed as Allah willed, then he committed a sin and said, ‘My Lord, I have sinned; forgive me.’ His Lord said: ‘Is My slave acknowledging that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and punishes for them? I have forgiven My slave,’ – three times…”

[al-Bukhari, Muslim].

Al-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) included this hadeeth (narration) under the heading: “Acceptance of repentance from sins even if the sins and repentance happen repeatedly.”

He said in his Sharh (commentary):

We have already discussed this issue at the beginning of the Book of Repentance. These hadeeths (narrations) clearly point to that, and even if the sin is repeated a hundred times or a thousand times or more, and he repents each time, his repentance will be accepted and his sin will be erased. And if he repents once from them all, his repentance will be valid.

Sharh Muslim.

Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali said:

Umar ibn ‘Abd al-‘Azeez said: O people, whoever commits a sin,

let him seek the forgiveness of Allah and repent,

and if he repeats it,

and if he repeats it,

for it is like chains around the neck of man,

and doom lies in persisting in it.

What this means is that a person will inevitably commit the sins that it is decreed he will commit, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The son of Adam’s share of zina (fornication/adultery) is decreed for him, and he will inevitably come to that…” But Allah has given him a way out from the sins that he falls into and He erases them by means of repentance and seeking forgiveness. If he does this then he will escape from the evil of sin, but if he persists in his sin he will be doomed.

Jami’ al-‘Uloom wal-Hikam.

Although Allah hates sin and warns of punishment for it, He does not want His slaves to despair of His mercy. He likes the sinner to seek His forgiveness and repent to Him, but the shaytan (devil) likes it when despair fills a person’s heart and prevents him from repenting and turning to Allah.

It was said to al-Hasan al-Basri: Would not any one of us feel ashamed before his Lord to seek forgiveness from his sin then go back to it, then seek forgiveness then go back to it? He said: The shaytan would like you to feel that way; never give up seeking forgiveness.

See also the answer to question no. 9231.

And Allah knows best.

Comment

Good thread. I agree that many times i have pushed myself away because of shame because of repeated sin, it’s just the nature of mankind. Generally human beings are not so forging when sins/mistakes are repeated, there’s a limit to letting things slide but with allah there is no limit Alhamdulilah.

This should give Muslims a lot of hope because no matter how many steps you’re in the wrong direction it only takes one step to start fresh all over again!

Muslims ask for forgiveness after salah but I believe we should also ask for forgives outside of salah as well. I’m thinking a good habit would be before bed because we don’t know if we would wake up the next day or during times of stress/anxiety in sujood, what do you say?

Comment

https://yaqeeninstitute.org/series/allah-loves/
                Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

Salaam, Great thought for the day\month\year :)

Comment

Originally posted by R1rider View Post
                    Salaam, Great thought for the day\month\year :)
                    Why :D

Comment

Originally posted by HotDesi View Post
                      Good thread. I agree that many times i have pushed myself away because of shame because of repeated sin, it’s just the nature of mankind. Generally human beings are not so forging when sins/mistakes are repeated, there’s a limit to letting things slide but with allah there is no limit Alhamdulilah.

This should give Muslims a lot of hope because no matter how many steps you’re in the wrong direction it only takes one step to start fresh all over again!

Muslims ask for forgiveness after salah but I believe we should also ask for forgives outside of salah as well. I’m thinking a good habit would be before bed because we don’t know if we would wake up the next day or during times of stress/anxiety in sujood, what do you say?
                      That is a very good plan, sujood and before sleeping are very intimate quiet times, you can pour your heart out to Allah in both times, it just makes you humble because for sleep, you are going to become unconscious and who looks after you?

Only Allah, He is the one who sends your soul back for another chance, what if He kept our souls, and we passed away without asking Allah to pardon us, just before falling asleep...

So a very good suggestion

As for sujood, its a very humbling movement in the prayer, you are surrending and submitting to your Lord by putting your head on the ground, and we are made of similar substance to the ground/earth....

so this lets us focus on asking for forgiveness and not deceiving ourselves with the artificial/non-nature world or allowing it to make us feel arrogant, we realise our lowliness as we are from the very substance we walk on every day.

In that way, we have some good intimate time to humbly request Allah to pardon us for our mistakes!

I would add, asking forgiveness around fajr time is great, it just feels very peaceful and nice in that time. The hours before fajr are taught Islamically to be good times for worshipping and asking for forgiveness:

Surah Imran verse 17:

(They are) those who are patient ones, those who are true (in Faith, words, and deeds), and obedient with sincere devotion in worship to Allah. Those who spend [give the Zakat and alms in the Way of Allah] and those who pray and beg Allah's Pardon in the last hours of the night.

Comment

Working...
                      X