Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied
    Bump - anyone else want to comment on their reflections of this majestic surah?

Leave a comment:

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiro View Post

That is good.

There is some other things from personal reflections. The forenoon can also symbolise revelation has not stopped (contrary to what was thought) and runs it's course and will continue just like how the sun continues to raise until it reaches all places. The light of revelation and it being continuously being sent down (not stopped). The sun illuminates.

The night can also symbolise or the ayah can also or could also mean revelation has not stopped, it is not still. Further it mentions that you felt lost (no revelation, no Islaam) but this changed. And revelation did not cease.

It can also mean from the first two ayat is to be happy. Be like the sun and do not be like the dark still night.

The first and last. You should narrate things that would make you happy and make others happy, say a good word. And you should carry out the blessings such spending it on Orphans. And keeping kindship. Say something that will make others happy. Be the sun. And like you said, remember the blessings of Allah.
    Alhamdulilah very informative jazakallah khair brother

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied
    Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

Do you mean, how it speaks about the forenoon and then proclaiming the graces of your Lord?

I reflect on this symmetry you have mentioned as how Allah says 'By the forenoon' - and the forenoon is like when they day is getting brighter and beginning with the sun shining more continuously

And then how Allah says proclaim the graces of your Lord - showing how we should be grateful, in the end, and do good for Allah like He did for us, since He made us receive His blessings just as the day gets brighter -

its continuous and and when He has fully nourished us with His favours, just as the sun shines more gradually in the forenoon -

we should be grateful and thank Him for His favours, not just by verbally saying thanks like 'Alhamdulilah' but to proclaim His graces through supporting people who have been in the same situation as you by reminding them of the light at the end of the tunnel, but also giving the good news of Allah mercy - reminding people that Allah is with them, and teaching them about that.

I also am amazed at how the night is mentioned, the night is dark and may seem threatening but really its a means of rest and recuperation for us, there is blessings in the night just like our hardship, and after the night is the next day where brightness shines....

The night and day belong to Allah, so He has never abandoned us, He is with us and that is seen as the way He commands the day and night to occur, just like He commands how good and hard times occur in our lives to purify and complete us as human beings

And afterwards, the true believer proclaims the graces of their Lord, thanks Him and honours His book and the Prophet PBUH, while the one who doesn't believe remains oblivious to these teachings and never thanks Him truly

Jazakallah khair for your enlightening question, it made me think a lot Kiro, thanks!
    That is good.

There is some other things from personal reflections. The forenoon can also symbolise revelation has not stopped (contrary to what was thought) and runs it's course and will continue just like how the sun continues to raise until it reaches all places. The light of revelation and it being continuously being sent down (not stopped). The sun illuminates.

The night can also symbolise or the ayah can also or could also mean revelation has not stopped, it is not still. Further it mentions that you felt lost (no revelation, no Islaam) but this changed. And revelation did not cease.

It can also mean from the first two ayat is to be happy. Be like the sun and do not be like the dark still night.

The first and last. You should narrate things that would make you happy and make others happy, say a good word. And you should carry out the blessings such spending it on Orphans. And keeping kindship. Say something that will make others happy. Be the sun. And like you said, remember the blessings of Allah.

Leave a comment:

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiro View Post

That is nice. What are your thoughts on the symmetry of the surah? For example the first ayah and the last ayah.
    Do you mean, how it speaks about the forenoon and then proclaiming the graces of your Lord?

I reflect on this symmetry you have mentioned as how Allah says 'By the forenoon' - and the forenoon is like when they day is getting brighter and beginning with the sun shining more continuously

And then how Allah says proclaim the graces of your Lord - showing how we should be grateful, in the end, and do good for Allah like He did for us, since He made us receive His blessings just as the day gets brighter -

its continuous and and when He has fully nourished us with His favours, just as the sun shines more gradually in the forenoon -

we should be grateful and thank Him for His favours, not just by verbally saying thanks like 'Alhamdulilah' but to proclaim His graces through supporting people who have been in the same situation as you by reminding them of the light at the end of the tunnel, but also giving the good news of Allah mercy - reminding people that Allah is with them, and teaching them about that.

I also am amazed at how the night is mentioned, the night is dark and may seem threatening but really its a means of rest and recuperation for us, there is blessings in the night just like our hardship, and after the night is the next day where brightness shines....

The night and day belong to Allah, so He has never abandoned us, He is with us and that is seen as the way He commands the day and night to occur, just like He commands how good and hard times occur in our lives to purify and complete us as human beings

And afterwards, the true believer proclaims the graces of their Lord, thanks Him and honours His book and the Prophet PBUH, while the one who doesn't believe remains oblivious to these teachings and never thanks Him truly

Jazakallah khair for your enlightening question, it made me think a lot Kiro, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied
    Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    That is nice. What are your thoughts on the symmetry of the surah? For example the first ayah and the last ayah.

Leave a comment:

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied
    Farah A Fakhri-bin-Ali Kiro leila314

Leave a comment:

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied
    Loving usernametaken eesa the kiwi LaylaAb Mintchocchip aelmo Aetos

Leave a comment:

• My reflections on Surah Duha ('The Forenoon') /Chapter 93 of the Quran

Assalaamu alaikum

I wrote this in my diary in June last year alhamdulilah, and I want to share it with you all. Its my thoughts on Surah Duha ('The Forenoon') which is Chapter 93 of the Quran.

1. By the forenoon (after sun-rise);

2. And by the night when it is still (or darkens);

3. Your Lord (O Muhammad ()) has neither forsaken you nor hated you.

4. And indeed the Hereafter is better for you than the present (life of this world).

5. And verily, your Lord will give you (all i.e. good) so that you shall be well-pleased.

6. Did He not find you (O Muhammad ()) an orphan and gave you a refuge?

7. And He found you unaware (of the Qur'an, its legal laws, and Prophethood, etc.) and guided you?

8. And He found you poor, and made you rich (selfsufficient with selfcontentment, etc.)?

9. Therefore, treat not the orphan with oppression,

10. And repulse not the beggar;

11. And proclaim the Grace of your Lord (i.e. the Prophethood and all other Graces).

My thoughts:

This Chapter comforts the Prophet (Allah's peace and blessings be upon him). I can relate to how we should be aware and thus grateful for the favours that Allah has granted us; if we look closely and development of our lives, we can see a process of blessings transforming us - the pure barakah of our Lord Allah!

On verse 1-6 Allah tells the Prophet that He has not forsaken nor hated him (paraphrasing). It reminds me that Allah supports the believer constantly, and gives us hope and makes us cognizant of Allah's help.*

*This is what I wrote in my diary but what I meant was that in verse 3 Allah tells the Prophet that He has not forsaken nor hated him, and the rest of the Chapter shows how Allah supports the believer constantly and gives us hope and makes us cognizant of Allah's help.

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X