No announcement yet.

Food for thought 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son of Adam! You are nothing but a number of days, whenever each day passes then part of you has Gone.'

Hasan of Basra.
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

“Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see”-Mark Twain
      "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

“The people of knowledge and understanding that I have met in our country, when one of them was asked a question on an issue, he would feel like one about to die. But the people of our own time love giving fatwa (without hesitation). Had they known what they are going to face tomorrow (in the Day of Judgement) they would not have done that. Umar, `Ali and ‘Alqama are some of the best Companions of the Prophet, yet when anyone of them was asked a question, he would consult his fellow companions before giving an answer. But it is unfortunate that fatwa has become the pride for the people of our time”.
        Imam Malik ibn Anas.

Comment

If you want to marry this Dunyaa [life], then know that this life would never be satisfied until you give up your Deen as dowry

Comment

We have spent millions of dollars trying to see if there is messages or radio signals from out of space when we have the words of the Creator with us

paraphrased from Something I read on a YouTube comment

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
              We have spent millions of dollars trying to see if there is messages or radio signals from out of space when we have the words of the Creator with us

paraphrased from Something I read on a YouTube comment
              Sorry aakhi, didn't want to derail your thread but this thought always irritates me: there are some people out there (I think Hitchens is one) that believe that it's more likely for aliens to exist than it is that God exists. Imagine the arrogance, blindness and how much in denial they must be.
              "Yaa Allah grant me victory, or make me die Shaheed"

Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.
              (surah al-anfal v.30)

Comment

Dhikr is a tree with fruits of awareness. The more frequent the dhikr is made, the stronger the roots of a tree and the more fruits on it."

[Ibn Al-Qayyim Al-Jawziyah]

Comment

Originally posted by Qiyas View Post

Sorry aakhi, didn't want to derail your thread but this thought always irritates me: there are some people out there (I think Hitchens is one) that believe that it's more likely for aliens to exist than it is that God exists. Imagine the arrogance, blindness and how much in denial they must be.
                  derail away my bro what is the point of quotes if we don't ponder

Comment

The servant who seeks the pleasure of Allah never abandons tawbah.
                    He remains in the state of tawbah until his death.

~Imam Ibn ul Qayyim rahimahuAllah

Comment

Muhammad ibn 'Ali (ibn al-Hanafiyya) was asked about, "Is the repayment of kindness anything except kindness?"
                      He said, "It is not denied to either the pious or the deviant."
                      Al-Adab al-Mufrad.

Comment

The believer has good expectation of his Lord, so he makes his deeds good. But, the evil person has bad expectation of his Lord, so he does evil. - Hasan al-Basri

Comment

I might read a hundred interpretations of one verse, but would still ask Allaah's guidance in its comprehension saying, 'Oh teacher of Aadam and lbraaheem teach me!' I would also go to the deserted masjids and ask Allah, 'Oh teacher of lbraaheem! Make me comprehend.'

Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

Originally posted by Qiyas View Post

(Good old aliens. As long as they're not going to hold your evil soul accountable, anything will do, right, Mr Hitchens?)
                            LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
                            -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                              I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God
                              who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect
                              has intended us to forgo their use.
                              - Galileo Galilei
                              Excellent quote, the first page of this thread is fab alhamdulilah
                              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

"Knowledge is that which benefits, not that which is memorized."
                                Imam Ash-Shafi'ee

Comment

Working...
                                X