No announcement yet.

Food for thought 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You might wonder if Hinduism was originally Abrahamic. I have thought for a long time Nabi Ibrahim PBUH was from India (why not?), but raised in Ur, Mesopotamia. Some historians believe Sumerians of a certain period in Mesopotamia were Indian.

Just because their words like Brahma has some monotheistic meaning originally for Hindus. Were they once saying their Lord is 'Rahman' but in their language it could be translated in such senses?

Christianity ended up polytheistic with its Trinity (3 'Lords' manifesting in 1 and through Jesus/Nabi Isa), so I would not be shocked if Abraham's religion would be lied about afterwards.

This very old Hindu text called Aitreya Brahma (dated 6-7 century BC) sounds quite interesting

- the narrator is saying the Lord is not like the night that sets, nor does the Sun have such supremacy that it is always day.

In the end it says 'He never sets'.

Then, read the Qur'an verses below afterwards:

The Aitareya Brahman Section 3.44:
    The [sun] never really sets or rises. In that they think of him 'He is setting,' having reached the end of the day, he inverts himself; thus he makes evening below, day above. Again in that they think of him 'He is rising in the morning,' having reached the end of the night he inverts himself; thus he makes day below, night above. He never sets; indeed he never sets."

- Quran Chapter 7 verse 76-78:
    When the night covered him over with darkness he saw a star. He said: "This is my lord." But when it set, he said: "I like not those that set."

When he saw the moon rising up, he said: "This is my lord." But when it set, he said: "Unless my Lord guides me, I shall surely be among the erring people."

When he saw the sun rising up, he said: "This is my lord. This is greater." But when it set, he said: "O my people! I am indeed free from all that you join as partners in worship with Allah.
    Last edited by LailaTheMuslim; 13-11-20, 01:44 AM.
    Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
    In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
    (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• “Do not look at a man’s prayers nor his fasts, rather, measure him by how well he deals with others, the compassion he shows his fellow man, his wisdom and his integrity.” — Umar ibn al Khattab (radhi’alla anhu)
      "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• '"Keep yourself busy in remembering your faults so that you have no time left to remember the faults of OTHERS''
        -Imam Sufyan ath-Thawri (Rahimahullah)
        "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• The ibtilaa’ (testing) of the believer is like medicine for him. It cures him from illness. Had the illness remained it would destroy him or diminish his reward and level (in the hereafter). The tests and the trials extract these illnesses from him and prepare him for the perfect reward and the highest of degrees (in the life to come).” -Ibnul Qayyim

Comment

• Al Fudail Ibn 'Iyaad said;
            Do not feel lonely on the paths of guidance just because few people travel them, and do not be deceived by the abundance of destroyed travelers [on the paths of misguidance].

[The Book of Manners by Fu'ad Ibn 'Abdul-'Azeez Ash-Shulhoob, Page 31]

Comment

• Things aren't always as they seem.
              Umm-e-moosa was told to throw her son in the river
              Hazrat yusuf (a.s) was left to die in a well.
              Hazrat maryam delivered a child alone.
              Hazrat yunus (a.s) was swallowed by a fish
              Hazrat ibrahim (a.s) was thrown in the fire.

Yet look at how it turned out for them, in the end.

Allah always has a better plan for us,
              Things may not start off too Well,
              But the ending is usually better than we except.

If today you are facing hard times,
              Have faith and pray for a better tomorrow.

Miracles do happen when
              You seek guidance from Allah.

For he is all-knowing,
              All-wise & all-powerful.

Comment

• ''Oh son of Adam, sell this World for the hereafter and you win both, sell the hereafter for this World and you lose both."
                ~Hassan Al-Basree.

Comment

• Jannah is worth it

Four words that will get you through any struggle in life once your heart accepts them.

Comment

• If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the thing you love, be persistent in doing the things He loves - Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal rahimahullaah

Comment

• What is Jihad? smiling in Tough moment is Jihad. keeping Patience in hard times is Jihad. Struggling for good deed is jihad. talking care of old parents in a loving way is jihad. forgiving is jihad. Jihad is not what the media shows but what the Quran Says to strive and to Struggle!

Comment

• "But those mindful of their Lord will have elevated mansions, built one above the other, under which rivers flow. That is the promise of Allah. And Allah never fails in His promise"[39:20]

Comment

• “Speech by itself is worthless,
                          unless it is followed by action.

Speech and action by themselves are worthless,

unless they have the right intention.

And speech, action, and the right intention are worthless

unless they agree with the Sunnah.”

[‘Abdullāh ibn Mas‘ūd]

Comment

• Son of Adam; You seek the world as if your very life depended on it and you seek the Hereafter as if you have no need for it! You will acquire what you need from this world even if you don’t run after it, but you’ll only attain the Hereafter if you run after it.-Yahya ibn Mu’adh

Comment

• Ibnul Qayyim –(rahimahullaah) – said, "Deeds without sincerity are like a traveler who carries in his water-jug dirt.

The carrying of it burdens him and it brings no benefit."

Comment

• Strap something that weighs about 10lbs to your stomach and leave it there for 9 months.

.........Then think about disrespecting your mum.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X