No announcement yet.

Food for thought 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is possible for one's heart to be certain that one is going to meet Allah swt, that Allah swt sees and hears all that he does, and knows his secrets, and that he will be be made to stand before Allah swt, answerable for all his deeds - how can one be certain and aware of all this, and yet persists upon things which displease Allah: persists abandoning Allah's orders, neglecting His rights, and yet claims he has good expectation of Allah?
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• If I were to backbite against anyone, it would be about my parents, for they have more right to my good deeds.

~Abdullah Ibn-Mubarak.

"My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• The lectures of Ahmad (ibn Hanbal) were sittings of the Hereafter. He would not mention in them anything of the worldly affairs; and I never saw him mention this world."
        Imam Abu Dawud.

Comment

• Beware of every hour and how it passes, and only spend it in the best possible way, do not neglect yourself, but render it accustomed to the noblest and best of actions, and send to your grave that which will please you when you arrive to it.” [Imam Ibn Al-Jawzee]

Comment

• The sahaba used to do the sunnah because it was sunnah, we leave the sunnah because it is sunnah- Marwa Saad

Comment

• Shaykh al-Shanqeeti (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

''How many people criticize something sound when their problem is their own misunderstanding''

- Adwa’ al-Bayaan (3/389)

Comment

• "Love of Allah is a sweetness or pleasure that if you are without it, life becomes a thing of worries and of pain." - Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya rahimahullah

Comment

• Assalamu alaikum. what is this group about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Little_Muslimah View Post
                    Assalamu alaikum. what is this group about?
                    Wa alaikum Salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

Apologies for the late reply

Its just like a thread to share beneficial thought provoking Islamic quotes. Feel free to add your own

Comment

• This knowledge is a matter of Deen, so be careful who you take your Deen from.

(Imam Muhammad Ibn Sereen)

Comment

• Mixing with the Wrong Crowd

It is reported from Abû Qilâbah – Allâh have mercy on him – that he said:

Do not sit with the People of Desires (Bid’ah), for I fear that they will immerse you in their misguidance or mix up and confuse what you already know.

Ibn Battah, Al-Ibânah Al-Kubrâ Vol.1 p377.

Comment

• If the heart is sick, the forbidden becomes attractive and obedience of God becomes something you look at with contempt.”
                          — Ibn al Qayyim

Comment

• Things aren't always as they seem.

Umm-e-moosa was told to throw her son in the river
                            Hazrat yusuf (a.s) was left to die in a well.
                            Hazrat maryam delivered a child alone.
                            Hazrat yunus (a.s) was swallowed by a fish
                            Hazrat ibrahim (a.s) was thrown in the fire.

Yet look at how it turned out for them, in the end.

Allah always has a better plan for us,
                            Things may not start off too Well,
                            But the ending is usually better than we except.

If today you are facing hard times,
                            Have faith and pray for a better tomorrow.

Miracles do happen when
                            You seek guidance from Allah.

For he is all-knowing,
                            All-wise & all-powerful.

Comment

• ''Oh son of Adam, sell this World for the hereafter and you win both, sell the hereafter for this World and you lose both." ~Hassan Al-Basree.

Comment

• “Speech by itself is worthless,

unless it is followed by action.

Speech and action by themselves are worthless,

unless they have the right intention.

And speech, action, and the right intention are worthless

unless they agree with the Sunnah.”

[‘Abdullāh ibn Mas‘ūd]

Comment

Working...
                                X