No announcement yet.

Food for thought 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patience can’t be acquired overnight. It is just like building up a muscle. Every day you need to work on it
    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• The bigger the problem, the greater the lessons.
      The more patience that is required, the greater the reward.

-AbdulBary Yahya
      "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

• "Deeds without sincerity are like a traveler who carries in his water-jug dirt. The carrying of it burdens him and it brings no benefit."

- Ibnul Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him).

Comment

• How many blind people would pay anything to be able to read the Qur’an,
          how many deaf people would pay anything to be able hear the Azan,
          … You see; we’re very rich, but just not grateful… “

“And few of My servants are grateful.”
          [Quran 34:13]

Comment

• A good word is not the same as a foul word, except that both reveal a lot about the speaker’s character, upbringing, and taste.

-Dr. Salman Al-Oadah

Comment

• Ibn-ul-Qayyim (rahimahullah) :

❝ The year is like a tree, months are its branches, days are the branch sticks, hours are its leaves, and the breaths are its fruits. Therefore, if one's breaths are in obedience [to Allah and His Messenger], the fruits of his tree are good. If they are in disobedience, his fruits are bitter. The harvest is on the Appointed Day, when one's fruits are found out to be either good or bitter.❞

Comment

• A sheep is more alert than man.

On hearing the call of the shepherd it stops grazing while man ignores the call of Allah for the sake of his desires."

- Hasan Basri

Comment

• “Happiness is attained by three things: being patient when tested, being thankful when receiving a blessing, and being repentant upon sinning.”

~ Imam Ibn al-Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

• Ibn Al-Qayyim writes

“Religion is in its entirety good character, so the one who exceeds you in character , has exceeded you in religion.”

["Madarij Al-Salikeen", 2/307].

Comment

• The morning and evening adhkar (Words of remembrance) play the role of a shield; the thicker it is the more its owner will not be affected. Rather, its strength can reach to such an extent that the arrow shot at it will bounce back to affect the one who shot it." - Ibn Al Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him

Comment

• From the perfection of Allah's ihsan is that He allows His slave to taste the bitterness of the break before the sweetness of the mend. So He does not break his believing slave, except to mend him. And He does not withhold from him, except to give him. And He does not test him (with hardship), except to cure him.
                        [Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya]

Comment

• If the human knew the pleasure of meeting Allah and being near Him,
                          he would feel grief for being distant from Him.
                          ~ Ibn Al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                            Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

Been a while since I posted apologies. Couldn't find old thread so heres 2.0.

Enjoy inshaAllah
                            MashaAllah Akhi Easa, may Allah reward your efforts in spreading the Deen. Fantastic thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid-Bin-Walid View Post

MashaAllah Akhi Easa, may Allah reward your efforts in spreading the Deen. Fantastic thread
                              Wa iyaak bro barak Allah fiq

Comment

• Sometimes, Allah leaves us with no option but to be stronger.

~ Sheikh AbdulBary Yahya

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X