Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010-2020 reflections

Assalaamu alaikum

Nearly everyone on my social media are making posts reflecting on the last decade as it ended, yesterday.

I know that we have an Islamic calendar but the years 2010-20 have vital significance for me. Before 2010 I was very happy and had all I could have wanted as an 18 year old girl, alhamdulilah.

By the time 2010 ended, I was incredibly ill, in a hopeless situation, and as the decade went on any progression in life flat-lined or worsened for me.

But now subhanAllah, I can say Allah has shown me help and way out. This is tied so much to making dua. Before 2016 I never made dua for my problems.

I actually gave up and felt strong bitterness constantly.

This changed by Allah guiding me to dua and remembering Him though.

In the year of 2018 I got so ill and went half-blind, doctors found something in my brain and I got diagnosed with MS.

I remember that phone call... the Neurology Doctor called me with my brain scan results "you have abnormalities in your brain" my first thought was I have cancer but they did more tests until they found its MS.

But Allah in His kindness and pardon allowed me to say "hasbanAllahu wa ni'amal wakeel' under my breath while the doc was getting the full results up or still talking.

After that, things changed so much.

It took me 9 years for good things to start happening, or anything change in good to come up for me.

So what do you think and hope for the coming decade? People often tell us Allah plans, but don't explain or help people understand Allah, who is Al-Qadir (meaning He plans all things totally), Himself.

Allah is Ar-Rahman (The Merciful), He is also Al-Wadud (The Most Loving), and also He is Al-Hakim (The Most Wise), so don't think, that Allah doesn't love or have care and mercy for you in His plan.

People don't explain that Allah is the Merciful Lord who plans. His Mercy overcomes His wrath and His Mercy encompasses all things. So why not in your life and what Allah has planned for you?

I always say, if He made you Muslim, do not despair, that means He has chosen you and is storing good for you in many ways, in both worlds.

And if your development/progress in life feels like its too long and is less than you hoped for,

Remember how Prophet Joseph (Yusuf) peace be upon him suffered for so long from his own brothers, in the well, slavery and then prison. But he showed the best example in manners and character.

He was the appointed to being the Minister of Egypt and was then reunited with his father and family in the best most amazing way.

Also remember how Prophet Abraham peace be upon him was saved from the fire in a moment - just since Allah decided and had full power over this situation.

Just remember in the end your development (tarbiyah) and progress is perfectly planned and measured by Allah. It can be so quick or it can be a long development.

Just remember we are like guests who come to this world, like visitors are to other's homes. Its not our true home and just like visiting somebody, its important to walk through life with manners and respect and show thankfulness to the host.

The one who owns this dunya (our current home/the world) is Allah, and He will take care of us while we are here. Gratitude to Him for giving us the basic provisions and even comforts in this guest house (the world), depends upon your own self.

I ask Allah to guide us all.
    Last edited by LailaTheMuslim; 01-01-20, 11:35 AM.
    Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
    In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
    (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Bump. Everyone ask Allah in dua, to guide you eyes and heart to a part of this post, to help you reflect on your personal lives and journey.

An experiment for you guys. Post the results!!

leila314 usernametaken eesa the kiwi Kiro Loving Poster AmantuBillahi hiba.3 hadmatter nudgetheputri

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Comment

Allah will grant us a permanent, not guest home in the hereafter. So never give up on it.

Purchase it with charity, kind words and remembering Him.

Comment

neelu Abisali Fakhri-bin-Ali candyapple (welcome back) aelmo catholic61718 Faith reloaded 2 Farah. A .khayriyyah. do this test if u can (plzzzz!):

Everyone ask Allah in dua, to guide you eyes and heart to a part of this post, to help you reflect on your personal lives and journey.

An experiment for you guys. Post the results!!

I ask Allah to strengthen all you hearts to finding points of reflection in this post, ameen.
        Last edited by LailaTheMuslim; 07-01-20, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Subhaanallah. 10 years is a lot to think about.
          Enough happens in 10 months... So much has happened... Maybe I'll post something later inshaaAllah just to see my thoughts in writing and see if it can help me in anyway.

​​​​​​-------
          I remember sister's post regarding on that incident regarding the scan. The hadith containing the du'aa sister mentioned I hadn't actually come across before and it's something I've been using myself since at every opportunity.

Alhamdulillah. Baarakallah feek. I was going to post before and say how glad and genuinely appreciative I was that I came across it on here. (Jazaa'akallah khair.)
          Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 07-01-20, 06:35 PM.
          ​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts. Thank you! (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Many things happen to me in 10 hours, but I'll try. But before that I would like to add something to examples you mentioned.

Yusuf - there's a secret message in story of his brother Benjamin. Remember how Yusuf "arrested" him? Sometimes Allah does things to us just like Yusuf did to Benjamin and his father in order to make us much more happier.

Another story - Ibrahim and the fire. The lesson is - whoever relies upon Allah alone shouldn't worry about ANYTHING in this world.

My 2010 - 2020 decade was a journey from a miserable person to person having everything ever wanted - all granted by The Creator. Learned many lessons and thankful even for hardships I went trough: health, poverty, family matters, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
              Just remember in the end your development (tarbiyah) and progress is perfectly planned and measured by Allah. It can be so quick or it can be a long development.

Just remember we are like guests who come to this world, like visitors are to other's homes. Its not our true home and just like visiting somebody, its important to walk through life with manners and respect and show thankfulness to the host.

The one who owns this dunya (our current home/the world) is Allah, and He will take care of us while we are here. Gratitude to Him for giving us the basic provisions and even comforts in this guest house (the world), depends upon your own self.

I ask Allah to guide us all.
              Waalaykum assalam warahmatullah,

This part made me reflect quite a bit.

But from 2010 to 2014, not much happened in my life as I'm young. It's the latter part of the decade when my life started to change a lot and many things happened. All of it started with saying لا إله إلا الله. Alhamdulillah, His plan is the best. I had no idea my life would turn out life this or that I would be on the path that I'm on now. Sometimes I look at family photos and think about how only Allah knew what was coming. I just wonder what the next ten years of my life will be like. May Allah keep us steadfast upon His religion and protect us.
              Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

By the way, I was not notified about getting tagged in the thread.
                Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

yes

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

Waalaykum assalam warahmatullah,

This part made me reflect quite a bit.

But from 2010 to 2014, not much happened in my life as I'm young. It's the latter part of the decade when my life started to change a lot and many things happened. All of it started with saying لا إله إلا الله. Alhamdulillah, His plan is the best. I had no idea my life would turn out life this or that I would be on the path that I'm on now. Sometimes I look at family photos and think about how only Allah knew what was coming. I just wonder what the next ten years of my life will be like. May Allah keep us steadfast upon His religion and protect us.
                    Ameen sis, and sorry you weren't notified, I wonder why that is. Probably an error of the forum

Comment

Indefinable please add some comments sis x

Comment

what a time to be tagged in something. I've just had such a terrible day.

my whole life I feel like Allah has put me on such a strange path. There have always been so many things that come up that completely change the course of how I think my life was going on.

I was turning 12 in 2010 and I didn't have the best time around then and I feel now that history is starting to repeat itself. there were so many things going on when I was younger. I've mentioned this before but I've moved pretty much every year of my life. you'd think id be good at getting used to change but I'm really not.

2018 was the first time since I was 8 that I started feeling very happy all the time and I realize because it was the first time in so long that at the end of the year I knew that I would be going back to the same place the next year. That feeling of wanting to maintain this stability is what made me put up with this job that I hate for almost 3 years now but recently I have not been able to handle it anymore. I don't feel like I have the strength or mentality to put up with this. And i'm starting to think that I will feel the same way no matter which school I went too. I thought that after the winter break I would come back feeling alright but the admin in my school has been putting so much pressure on me this week. They didn't even let me ease into it. Today I was sitting with my coordinator and I just started crying out of nowhere. I really wanted to quit after this school year but I feel like Allah might have a different plan for me.

literally today my dad decided to quit his job for such a ridiculous reason. He quit his last job a couple months ago and made the whole family move again. this is pretty much what he's always done. I don't even know how to describe my dad, there are times when he acts normal and I feel very happy to have him but he has never been able to put up with any inconvenience for the sake of his family. any time a minor thing would happen he would make us all move. and now I don't know what's going to happen. I don't think im going to stay in my current job but im scared that any other place I go to is going to be exactly the same.

I know Allah wants what is best for me and I've never been the type to say things like "why is Allah doing this to me?" or things like that, I only pray that whatever happens in the next decade I will be able to be steadfast and patient. I trust in Allah's plan even if my future isn't what I want it to be.

its funny though that ayah you said under your breath was one that helped me through some hard times. when I first started working at this place I would be so nervous going into work every morning that I would listen to this ruqya (I don't have a jinn problem or anything but I had it on my phone for some reason) and there was a part of it where he said that someone (I can't remember who but it was probably one of the prophets) would say it when things would get difficult for him and I always thought of that and used it in hard times.

anyways I've really vented here. basically 2010 to 2018 were very rough. and now it is getting rough again. Alhamdullillah that Allah gave me 2 nice years where I didn't have to worry about anything. I feel stressed but I don't feel like this current trajectory is all bad I actually think that Allah is trying to tell me something, dare I say it, get married. I've felt that for a while now, but only Allah knows and inshallah no matter what happens in the next decade I can remain patient and continue to try to get closer to Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                          Indefinable please add some comments sis x
                          I frequently think of those in prison, and those who are killed in the way of Islaam, and those who are living in complete misery, simply because they Believe.

The political sphere for Muslims hasn't changed much in the last decade. If anything, the turmoil and oppression has increased.

I said this a decade ago, and I say it now - there is a real need for a revival of Islamic values. We need to find ways of strengthening our Emaan, educating the youth and uniting. Unity is essential.

We need an Islamic Awakening based on the Shariah, not mere interpretations of the Murjiah or the Khawarij.

Comment

For me 2010 was kind of where the negativity i was facing in my life set in. Its all about strength and perspective so in some sense some issues could have been reversed but it's too late now. Things have built up unimaginably.
                            i should have been more bold in my actions. Ive always had some low confidence. And i have this perpetual confusion with me which i dont understand why.
                            the decade has ended with me feeling overwhelmed, kind of hopeless but also as someone who can understand things deeply but with no ability or drive to do anything.
                            so this next decade i hope will be one of improvement, dragging myself around lol and maybe relief from some issues insha Allah. (No one knows what the future holds so this is all i can say). I think i have a lot of regrets and have not grown as a person in a lot of ways.

Comment

Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
                              For me 2010 was kind of where the negativity i was facing in my life set in. Its all about strength and perspective so in some sense some issues could have been reversed but it's too late now. Things have built up unimaginably.
                              i should have been more bold in my actions. Ive always had some low confidence. And i have this perpetual confusion with me which i dont understand why.
                              the decade has ended with me feeling overwhelmed, kind of hopeless but also as someone who can understand things deeply but with no ability or drive to do anything.
                              so this next decade i hope will be one of improvement, dragging myself around lol and maybe relief from some issues insha Allah. (No one knows what the future holds so this is all i can say). I think i have a lot of regrets and have not grown as a person in a lot of ways.
                              I see a lot positive good in you. The first step towards change is the most blessed, because thats where the seed of development comes from.

I don't think you have felt worse then me in my situation in the last decade, Allahu alam, I could explain it to you in PMs sis perhaps

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X