Love each other for the sake of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love each other for the sake of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala

Anas bin Malik (radi Allahu anhu) reported that the Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:

There are three qualities whoever has them, will taste the sweetness of Iman:
    1. To love Allah Subhanhu Wa Taala and His Messenger (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) more than anyone else
    2. To love a slave (of Allah) only for (the sake of) Allah;
    3. And to hate returning to infidelity after Allah has saved him from it as he would hate to be thrown into the fire (of Hell). [Sahih Bukhari 16, Sahih Muslim 43]
    Narrated Abu Huraira (radi Allahu anhu) that The Prophet ( sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:
    Seven (people) will be shaded by Allah by His Shade on the Day of Resurrection when there will be no shade except His Shade. (They will be):
    1. A just ruler,
    2. A young man who has been brought up in the worship of Allah,
    3. A man who remembers Allah in seclusion and his eyes are then flooded with tears,
    4. A man whose heart is attached to mosques (offers his compulsory congregational prayers in the mosque),
    5. Two men who love each other for Allah’s Sake,
    6. A man who is called by a charming lady of noble birth to commit illegal sexual intercourse with her, and he says, ‘I am afraid of Allah,’ and
    7. A man who gives in charity so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given. [Sahih Bukhari 6806]
    Mu’adh binJabal (radi Allahu anhu) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:
    Allah, the Mighty and Sublime, said: ‘Those who love each other for the sake of My Majesty shall be upon podiums of light, and they will be admired by the Prophets and the martyrs.' [Jami` at-Tirmidhi 2390]
    Abu Huraira (radi Allahu anhu) reported Allah’s Apostle ( sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) as saying:
    A person visited his brother in another town and Allah deputed an Angel to wait for him on his way and when he came to him he said: Where do you intend to go? He said: I intend to go to my brother in this town. He said: Have you done any favor to him (the repayment of which you intend to get)? He said: No, excepting this that I love him for the sake of Allah, the Exalted and Glorious. Thereupon he said: I am a messenger to you from, Allah: (to inform you) that Allah loves you as you love him (for His sake) [Sahih Muslim 2567]
    Just like everything else in our lives, please don't just glance over these hadiths. Take your time to read and reflect upon them. Imagine what our life will be with out Islam? How one will not fall in love with Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and Islam after reading these hadiths? Is not Islam the best gift from Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala? Is not Islam the ultimate Mercy to human kind from Allah Suhanahu Wa Taala? If you think so, thanks Allah Subahanhu Wa Taala by prostrating and send Darood on Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) before reading rest of the post.

Above hadiths signifies the importance of loving others for the sake of Allah. If we do so then we can have reward in this word in the form of feeling the sweetness of faith and love of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala and on the day of judgement those who loved each other for the sake of Allah will be under the shade of His throne while prophets and martyrs will be praising them. So in other words, we will have success in both worlds if we can learn how to love each other for the sake of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala. These hadiths pretty much summarize Islam in its practical form for us. Islam is not just about worshipping Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala, Islam is about changing ourselves to change the people and society around us. What was the mission of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)? Quran says:
    Indeed, in this [Quran] is notification for a worshiping people. And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds. [Quran: 21:106-107]
    Above verse tell us that the mission of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was to be mercy to the worlds. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was last messenger and he is no more with us but he has given us the final revelation from Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala in the form of Quran and in the form of his teachings. It is our duty to continue his mission and be kind of human beings by loving others for the sake of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala.
    Loving someone for the sake of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala comes in two ways: in your heart and with your deeds. You love someone for the sake of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala in your heart because of their position with Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala and this starts with loving Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala, the prophets, messengers and everyone who follows them. You should have this love in your heart for other Muslims. Outwardly means that you support that person in the good deeds they do and you respect and defend them according to their good deeds. This means you don’t love them because you know them very well or they brought you a direct benefit or they have a nice appearance: you love and support them because of their efforts to please Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala.

In my future posts, I will discuss some ways which are recommended through Sunnah to increase love for each other in more details.
Working...
X