Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Reminder(s).

As-Salaam alaikum,
    From the sayings and/or teachings of some of Islamic World fine minds, I wish to share with you few reminders they gave us... which instil spiritual radiation, insight and help us peep into the secrets of Divinity. They are as follows:--

(1) "Seek sweetness in 3 things: Prayer, making Remembrance [Zikr] of Allah and reciting the Holy Qur'an"-- Hasan Basri (d. 728)

(2) "I want to teach you 5 such things which deserve your greatest anxiety to acquire:--

(a) Have hope in Allah and none else.

(b) Be afraid of nothing but sins.

(c) If you do not know a thing, never feel ashamed to admit ignorance.

(d) If you do not know a thing, never hesitate or feel ashamed to learn it.

(e) Acquire patience and endurance, because their relation with true faith is that of a head to body; a body is of no use without a head, similarly true
    faith can be of no use without attributes of resignation, endurance and patience."-- Sayyadi Ali Ibn Abi Talib (d. 661)

(3) "Devotion is not sound for anyone until he feels no concern for 4 things:- hunger, nakedness, poverty and disgrace."-- Sahl Abdullah al-Tustari (d. 896)

(4) When asked about some worldly thing Rabi'a al-Adwiyya (d. 801) wanted to have, she replied: "I am ashamed to ask for a thing of this world from Him to whom
    this world belongs, how can I ask for it from those to whom it does not belong?"

Culled from: 'THE SAYINGS AND TEACHINGS OF THE GREAT
    MYSTICS OF ISLAM', by Muhammad Riaz Qadiri

Jazak Allah Khair
    الْحَمْد لله

Comment

Jazak'Allah Khair!
      Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

Working...
      X