Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the state of my Salaah Today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What was the state of my Salaah Today?

    Bismillah.

    Assalamu 'alaikum warahmatullah.


    ​When we speak exhorting to a thing, inshaaAllah, we find that thing present in our own thoughts more, and we find also an extra impetus within our own selves which we may not have otherwise.
    ​​​​​​
    We all know the status of Salah in our Deen and the virtues attached to it.

    Not only is it crucial directly for our Akhirah, but it is something which impacts us in how we are as people in our day to day lives.

    Somehow, though, many of us find ourselves in the situation where even though we might perform Salah regularly, it has become something that is allowed to be performed absent-mindedly, at the least depriving us of the barakah we would otherwise find in our lives, and at most, placing us in danger when it comes to our condition in the akhirah.

    This is a thread for myself, inshaaAllah to help keep from slipping in my own consciousness the position of priority Salah with presence and devotion should have.
    Hopefully it may help do similar for anyone else who happens to see it or comment in it.

    With the above in mind, I encourage us all to post on here, inshaaAllah sharing reminders, (even if literally a few words), thoughts, videos, ahadith, Aayaat - anything which strengthens our own commitment to offering Salah with Khushoo', humility, devotion, reverance, adoration and love for our Gracious Master Subhaanahu wa Ta'aalaa as we ought to do, and as is befitting of His Majesty - Alhamdulillah, Allahu Akbar.



    ​​​​​
    وَٱلۡمُؤۡمِنُونَ وَٱلۡمُؤۡمِنَٰتُ بَعۡضُهُمۡ أَوۡلِيَآءُ بَعۡضٖۚ يَأۡمُرُونَ بِٱلۡمَعۡرُوفِ وَيَنۡهَوۡنَ عَنِ ٱلۡمُنكَرِ وَيُقِيمُونَ ٱلصَّلَوٰةَ وَيُؤۡتُونَ ٱلزَّكَوٰةَ وَيُطِيعُونَ ٱللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُۥٓۚ أُوْلَٰٓئِكَ سَيَرۡحَمُهُمُ ٱللَّهُۗ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ عَزِيزٌ حَكِيمٞ


    The believing men and believing women are allies of one another. They enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and establish prayer and give zakah and obey Allah and His Messenger. Those - Allah will have mercy upon them. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

    -Sura At-Tawbah, Ayah 71






    ​قَدۡ أَفۡلَحَ ٱلۡمُؤۡمِنُونَ

    Certainly will the believers have succeeded:

    ٱلَّذِينَ هُمۡ فِي صَلَاتِهِمۡ خَٰشِعُونَ

    They who are during their prayer humbly submissive

    -Sura Al-Mu'minun, 1- 2






    ​​

    وَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوٓاْ أَشَدُّ حُبّٗا لِّلَّهِۗ

    ...But those who believe are more intense in love for Allah...

    -Sura Al-Baqarah, Ayah 165
    Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 16-04-19, 11:25 PM.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
    -------------------------------------

    ​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

  • #2
    walaykum salaam

    good thread

    JazakAllah khayran

    Comment


    • #3
      Excellent thread.

      Sometimes it can be hard to concentrate on the prayer, one of the ways to improve concentration, is by focusing on the words being recited and their meanings.

      Really, ponder on what you are saying.

      Comment


      • #4
        Al-Baqarah 2:45

        وَٱسْتَعِينُوا۟ بِٱلصَّبْرِ وَٱلصَّلَوٰةِۚ وَإِنَّهَا لَكَبِيرَةٌ إِلَّا عَلَى ٱلْخَٰشِعِينَ

        Seek help in patience and prayer; and truly it is hard save for the humble-minded,

        Comment


        • #5
          Hadith

          *َدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الرَّ*ْمَنِ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ الدِّمَشْقِيُّ، *َدَّثَنَا مُ*َمَّدُ بْنُ شُعَيْبِ بْنِ شَابُورٍ، أَخْبَرَنِي مُعَاوِيَةُ بْنُ سَلاَّمٍ، عَنْ أَخِيهِ، أَنَّهُ أَخْبَرَهُ عَنْ جَدِّهِ أَبِي سَلاَّمٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّ*ْمَنِ بْنِ غَنْمٍ، عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ قَالَ ‏

          ‏ إِسْبَاغُ الْوُضُوءِ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْ*َمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ وَالتَّسْبِي*ُ وَالتَّكْبِيرُ مِلْءُ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالزَّكَاةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ *ُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"

          ‏ ‏‏

          It was narrated from Abu Malik Ash'ari that:

          The Messenger of Allah said: "Performing ablution properly is half of faith, saying Al-Hamdu Lillah fills the Scale (of good deeds), saying Subhan-Allah and Allahu Akbar fills the heavens and the earth, prayer is light, Zakat is proof, patience is brightness and the Qur'an is proof for you or against you. Every person goes out in the morning to sell his soul, so he either frees it or destroys it.'"

          Sahih (Darussalam)

          English : Vol. 1, Book 1, Hadith 280
          Arabic : Book 1, Hadith 293

          Comment


          • #6
            Awesome thread. My question is, what to visualize as we go through the meaning of the words we are uttering? Its obvious that the root meaning of Salah elicits that we are communicating with Allah.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Shay J View Post
              Awesome thread. My question is, what to visualize as we go through the meaning of the words we are uttering? Its obvious that the root meaning of Salah elicits that we are communicating with Allah.
              I don't know either but I try to listen to my own voice reciting it which helps :)
              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

              And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


              أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

              Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


              Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

              Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

              Comment


              • #8
                When I have entered into Salah declaring 'Allahu Akbar' is it really in my heart that Allah is 'Akbar' (greater than all else), if I then allow the lowly things to occupy it, taking the space of His remembrance and awareness?
                LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
                -------------------------------------

                ​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

                  I don't know either but I try to listen to my own voice reciting it which helps :)
                  Ah yes, it certainly does.

                  This raises another important question (atleast in my mind), that given Allah has already mentioned the minimum requirement about recitation in salah (73:20 - ..so recite what is easy of it..) which Surah's does everyone prefer to recite to help them bring closer to their Rab, and any variations depending on situation (eg surahs celebrating Allah's rahma during times of celebration vs surahs about punishment). This is ofcourse taking into account the sunnah that RasulAllah (sallAllah alayhis salam) used the longer surahs (entire Bakkara (wow)) in the fajr salah and the recitations got shorter as the day proceeded.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
                    When I have entered into Salah declaring 'Allahu Akbar' is it really in my heart that Allah is 'Akbar' (greater than all else), if I then allow the lowly things to occupy it, taking the space of His remembrance and awareness?
                    Absolutely on point. This reminds me of an advice by a scholar, maybe Mufti Menk, that to remind us that we will be standing before Allah on judgement day and if we can keep reminding ourselves that standing in salaah is just a practice for that indeed we may find it easy to occupy our minds with His awareness, in sha Allah.
                    Awareness/ihsan is such a difficult concept. There is the constant poking of shaytan to distract and then there is my own inability to preceive the greatness of Allah according to that which has been revealed to us. Hmm, maybe I shall start a thread of how to perceive Allah using the Qur'an (without going into the debate of His physical form (if there is any according to our senses))

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Shay J View Post

                      Ah yes, it certainly does.

                      This raises another important question (atleast in my mind), that given Allah has already mentioned the minimum requirement about recitation in salah (73:20 - ..so recite what is easy of it..) which Surah's does everyone prefer to recite to help them bring closer to their Rab, and any variations depending on situation (eg surahs celebrating Allah's rahma during times of celebration vs surahs about punishment). This is ofcourse taking into account the sunnah that RasulAllah (sallAllah alayhis salam) used the longer surahs (entire Bakkara (wow)) in the fajr salah and the recitations got shorter as the day proceeded.
                      I like reading, out of the surahs I know, surah sharh when I feel weary and tired, and surah kawthar makes me feel hopeful and protected.

                      This is because surah sharh talks about ease being with hardship and that Allah removed the burden from our Prophet PBUH's back.

                      While surah kawthar talks about how Allah has promised our Prophet Muhammad PBUH a river in paradise (kawthar) and that whoever hates him will be cut off.

                      I like to go back to surah masad because I don't recite it as often but it always feels good inside to read it once again.

                      I don't know many surahs but yeah brother,
                      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

                      And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


                      أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

                      Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


                      Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

                      Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

                        I like reading, out of the surahs I know, surah sharh when I feel weary and tired, and surah kawthar makes me feel hopeful and protected.

                        This is because surah sharh talks about ease being with hardship and that Allah removed the burden from our Prophet PBUH's back.

                        While surah kawthar talks about how Allah has promised our Prophet Muhammad PBUH a river in paradise (kawthar) and that whoever hates him will be cut off.

                        I like to go back to surah masad because I don't recite it as often but it always feels good inside to read it once again.

                        I don't know many surahs but yeah brother,
                        Those are some pretty inspiring surahs.
                        Yep same here, and every attempt to memorize new ones have been interrupted somehow.
                        My favorite ones for happy salah (lol) are Surah Ar Rahman, Wakia and Ala though I know only a little of the former 2.
                        Recently have started to memorize Hadid but I have to stop upon reaching the ayah 57:11 out of ungratefulness. Allah asking for a loan? The most Supreme can be so kind yet look at His slaves.
                        Last edited by Shay J; Yesterday, 03:00 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Shay J View Post

                          Those are some pretty inspiring surahs.
                          Yep same here, and every attempt to memorize new ones have been interrupted somehow.
                          My favorite ones for happy salah (lol) are Surah Ar Rahman, Wakia and Ala though I know only a little of the former 2.
                          Recently have started to memorize Hadid but I have to stop upon reaching the ayah 57:11 out of ungratefulness. Allah asking for a loan? The most Supreme can be so kind yet look at His slaves.
                          SubhanAllah akhi, that sounds very deep. Ma sha Allah on memorizing those long surahs.
                          وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

                          And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


                          أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

                          Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


                          Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

                          Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X