Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Experience -Want to be happy and have duas answered? Think positively of Allah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Experience -Want to be happy and have duas answered? Think positively of Allah!

Assalaamu alaikum,

The Hadith Qudsi that Allah is to His slave as they think of Him has finally been made clear in my mind!

Firstly, I might seem a jolly sister on the outside, but no-one except a few knew exactly the dark thoughts that controlled my mind for so long.

The harshness of people who I thought were my supporters, friends and allies had turned my heart dark long ago, and my own hardships and failings had made everyday life and experiences bitter for me.

Though I keep to myself and am polite to those around me, I could never fully accept love into my heart. Cos my heart had been screwed over by all directions.

At this point I kept my heart guarded from breaking more and more, and I even went to the extent for years of having despairing feelings about my status with Allah and in qiyama/day of judgement.

Everyone sins, but the extent that I beat myself up about sins and projected my bad experiences on my akhira/hereafter status was so bad.

Everytime I opened the Qur'an my eyes would look at the punishment verses and apply it on myself,

My relationship with Allah wasn't truly the beautiful one that someone who is a believer should have.

I ended up being confused in duas, pretending to myself that making limited and small requests in duas showed sincerity, when really I was scared cos my heart conflated hope with rejection.

I used to think - if you hoped and didn't get it, this was a sign of sure rejection and sign of your miserable akhira state.

This is really not a healthy way of thinking.

However, today I asked Allah to show me a sign of guidance through any Islamic source, be it Muslim websites or the Holy book and sunnah.

As I was reading a quora post on loving Allah or something related, I just thought, why have these thoughts where I conflate myself with every punishment for disbelievers and munafiqs.

This is not what Allah wants from those who believe in Him, the Muslims.

This is not a way to prove your humility and loyalty and fear of Allah.

The true believer proves humility, loyalty and fear of Allah through accepting His great attributes and names.

A true believer, upon knowing that His mercy overpowers His wrath... they think positively, and have positively in their hope and are productive with their fear.

So, here is the hadith that I hope in sha Allah we can all act upon:

Originally posted by ...

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’”

[Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
    In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
    (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

The explanation of the Hadith Qudsi:

http://hadithaday.org/hadith-qudsi/i...-expects-i-am/

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Comment

This is good sister. I am glad you have a better understanding of things now. Thank you for this hadith and the explanation from the scholars.
      "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Thank you sister this is so true.

Human beings are very critical and negative.

But our Lord is Al-Karim and Ar-Rahman and Ar-Rahim and so much more.

Allahu Akbar.

Comment

Yes!! This is so important to understand. As Hamza Yusuf says, Allah manifests himself in the opinion of the believer. Thank you for this post!

Comment

(Often it so happens that) for a certain believer, Allah ordains a high position that he cannot achieve by himself. So Allah afflicts him with some physical or material distress or grief from within his family, whereby he is granted the good fortune of being patient. Thus Allah raises him the high position originally decreed for him.

[Abu Daud and Ahmad]

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
              (Often it so happens that) for a certain believer, Allah ordains a high position that he cannot achieve by himself. So Allah afflicts him with some physical or material distress or grief from within his family, whereby he is granted the good fortune of being patient. Thus Allah raises him the high position originally decreed for him.

[Abu Daud and Ahmad]
              Important to understand that this high position is meant for the Hereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaahM View Post

Important to understand that this high position is meant for the Hereafter.
                Not necessarily the Hereafter. It could be equally applicable to situations in this life too.

Comment

Its sad because my heart has become a dark vessel again.

Comment

Faffirru ilallah

Comment

Originally posted by IsaahM View Post
                      Faffirru ilallah
                      What does that mean

Comment

Google it! It should be the first image that comes up too :)

Quran 51:50

Comment

I know I've posted that my heart was a vessel like a couple minutes ago, but after reading this website:

http://islamicsunrays.com

It dawned on me that being consistent in tawakkul and good deed bi'ithnillah makes u free from sadness. Its hard to keep up guidance when your sporadically committed to changing your outlook islamically.

Comment

Idk if this will work, but I hope listening to this will calm your heart. It helps me!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                              I know I've posted that my heart was a vessel like a couple minutes ago, but after reading this website:

http://islamicsunrays.com

It dawned on me that being consistent in tawakkul and good deed bi'ithnillah makes u free from sadness. Its hard to keep up guidance when your sporadically committed to changing your outlook islamically.
                              Iman fluctuates, it goes up and down and that's how it is there's no shame in it. But you know how people say that music soothes the soul and keeps your heart away from sadness? I've found recently that dhikr does that x 1000000000. It really helps to calm your heart and bring you peace. Just remembering Allah and constantly moving your tongue in His remembrance is sooo beautiful that you have to experience it to believe it. Try fasting also, it gives you more urge to occupy yourself with acts of worship.

Comment

Working...
                              X