Are you struggling with salaat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you struggling with salaat?

Post by Anynimous Muslimah who was having technical difficulties in posting this thread:

Assalamu alaykum, Since I joined this forum I've found that some believers struggle with salaat a lot. Some don't understand why do we "have to" pray 5 times a day. Before I used to witness Muslim's laziness for salaat. Missing fajr or rushing any salaat is common thing. It makes me, personally sad, having regard how Merciful our Lord is and how many favors and blessings are coming from Him in every single second, how much He cares for us - His creations.

On the other side, as I already mentioned Allah's care for us, this religion - Islam, is not sent and ordered to us in order to make our lives difficult. "...Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship" (2:185) "Allah does not intend to make difficulty for you" (5:6) "He has chosen you and has not placed upon you in the religion any difficulty" (22:78) "And Allah wants to lighten for you [your difficulties] "(4:28)

When it comes to salaat - We, at the moment, live in Dunya, which is the darkest place after hell to live. Imagine if you by accident fall into an underground cave and there's no way out. You're mobile phone doesn't work over there - no signal... Take a moment and really imagine yourself over there and you're staying there for days. And there are creatures in the cave that make you frightened. You need help desperately, any.

What would you give for one phone call to your closest person in life and ask for salvation? This Dunya is just like that cave and we are given opportunity to call the closest person in the universe 5 times a day.

This person also sent us instructions on how to survive in this cave, how to bring some light, defend ourselves from "bad creatures," and yes, we're staying here for a blink of an eye (60-70 years are nothing compared to the infinity)

Next, if you're still lazy for salaat because you feel that salaat takes a lot of your time, here is one tip I did looong time ago to explain myself how easy salaat is. I launched a countdown and prayed regular fard salaat with no rush at all. Then I checked out how much time it took and it was silly 3 minutes.

But shaytan makes you think it takes 30, or even maybe 300. If you're in a hurry and think you'll be somewhere late, miss an important meeting, appointment, job interview because of your salaat, don't forget that salaat is your actual meeting with The King of all kings and interviewer of all interviewers and that He is in control of your time and also of the final outcome of your meeting. So, think of it!
    Last edited by LailaTheMuslim; 30-11-18, 11:25 AM.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks

Comment

Like I said before, at the very least it take 30 minutes to make wudu and prayer the 5 daily prayers. That comes out to 1/48th of you time a day. 1/48th.
      The Prophet s.a.a.w warned when he said: "You will surely follow the ways of those who came before you, in exactly the same fashion, to the point were they to enter the hole of a lizard, you too would enter it." It was asked of him, "O Messenger of Allah s.a.a.w., do you mean the Jews and Christians?" He replied, "Who else?" (Bukhari and Muslim)

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
        Like I said before, at the very least it take 30 minutes to make wudu and prayer the 5 daily prayers. That comes out to 1/48th of you time a day. 1/48th.
        Indeed, and how much time we spend doing nothing during the day or watching TV, doing dunya business, etc.

And truly, I bare witness that when one is very engaged in salaat with kushu, things start to happen... Amazing things. Salaat is so generous gift from our Lord.

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
          Many Muslims cant be bothered to give 1/48th of a day for Salaah,

They can however waste/kill time and do all sorts of useless activities,

Messed up priorities

نعوذ بالله من ذلك
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

We just don't get that everything Allah ordered/commanded us to do is for our sake and everything He banned is not good for us.

Comment

Working...
            X