Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harsh debating versus kind debating

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah.

I have noticed that there are Muslims who do not know how to debate in a polite manner, let alone a kind manner. This post is a reminder for me and you.

Harsh debating is wrong because it makes your opponent even more stubborn upon falsehood. It stops progress from being made because your opponent is too busy thinking about how rude you are.

On the other hand, kind debating increases progress. Your opponent becomes more open minded to what you say. This can only bring goodness. This is wisdom which everybody should follow.

Here are practical steps to become a kind debater

Don’t use confrontational phrases like “you are a liar” or “stop deceiving yourself”. Instead, say “I don’t agree with you” or “there is a better explanation “

Make dua before starting the conversation. For example, “May Allah bless you and may Allah help you”

Use long sentences instead of short sentences. Otherwise, your tone will sound impatient or angry

Originally posted by Ahsen82 View Post

I have noticed that there are Muslims who do not know how to debate in a polite manner, let alone a kind manner. This post is a reminder for me and you.

Harsh debating is wrong because it makes your opponent even more stubborn upon falsehood. It stops progress from being made because your opponent is too busy thinking about how rude you are.

On the other hand, kind debating increases progress. Your opponent becomes more open minded to what you say. This can only bring goodness. This is wisdom which everybody should follow.

Don’t use confrontational phrases like “you are a liar” or “stop deceiving yourself”. Instead, say “I don’t agree with you” or “there is a better explanation “

Make dua before starting the conversation. For example, “May Allah bless you and may Allah help you”

Use long sentences instead of short sentences. Otherwise, your tone will sound impatient or angry
    There is a time to be soft and a time to be stern,

We should have a balanced approach akhi,

جزاك الله خيرا
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Ahsen82 View Post

I really like your post :) Thank you.
      It's something I have experienced a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSea View Post

I really like your post :) Thank you.
        It's something I have experienced a lot.
        You are welcome!

Comment

Working...
        X