Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is your tawhid better than the tawhid of Abu lahab?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your tawhid better than the tawhid of Abu lahab?

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah.

The purpose of this post is to clarify and remind myself and you how important Tawhid of worship is.

So let’s start. The tawhid of Abu lahab (about whom surah lahab was revealed) was limited to Tawhid of lordship. He was a an uncle of Prophet Muhammad sallalahu alayhi wasalam and was a polytheist. So this means that he used to believe that only Allah is the Creator and Disposer of affairs. Only Allah sends down the rain and feeds people. However, Abu lahab used to worship other things besides Allah. Therefore, he is not considered a Muslim. If you want evidence that the polytheists used to believe in tawhid of lordship, then look no farther than the Quran.

Say, "Who provides for you from the heaven and the earth? Or who controls hearing and sight and who brings the living out of the dead and brings the dead out of the living and who arranges [every] matter?" They will say, " Allah ," so say, "Then will you not fear Him?"

(10:31)

The point I am making is that it is not enough to acknowledge Allah as Lord only. We must also acknowledge him as the only person who deserves to be worshipped. If we keep worshipping righteous people or angels alongside Allah, then our tawhid is no better than the tawheed of Abu lahab. We would be behaving just like the polytheists of Makkah.

So it is a fundamental of Islam to acknowledge Allah as Lord as well as worship only him. We are not allowed to worship anything beside him. And the proof for that is in the Quran.

“Worship Allah and associate nothing with Him, and to parents do good, and to relatives, orphans, the needy, the near neighbor, the neighbor farther away, the companion at your side, the traveler, and those whom your right hands possess. Indeed, Allah does not like those who are self-deluding and boastful.”

(4:36)

You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Straight outta Saudi

Comment

Originally posted by jaabir View Post
        Straight outta Saudi
        More like straight outta the Quran.

Comment

Abu Lahab was a Mushrik,

So op is claiming he had Tawhid-ul-Rububiyyah?
          ​​​​​​

Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 05-05-18, 08:54 PM.
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

The Mushrikun have and had many Lords, God's, besides Allah عز و جل, which they made up for themselves

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
              Abu Lahab was a Mushrik,

So op is claiming he had Tawhid-ul-Rububiyyah?
              ​​​​​​
              Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahsen82 View Post

Yes.
                How did the Mushrikun have Tawheed ul rububiyyah, when they Worshipped Multiple fake Gods?

If a Mushrik says he believes in one God, and then worships multiple one's like some Hindus for example, that doesn't mean they have Tawheed ur rububiyyah.

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

How did the Mushrikun have Tawheed ul rububiyyah, when they Worshipped Multiple fake Gods?

If a Mushrik says he believes in one God, and then worships multiple one's like some Hindus for example, that doesn't mean they have Tawheed ur rububiyyah.
                  Tawheed ruboobeyah means to acknowledge only Allah as Rabb and to believe that He is unique in His actions. According to the Quran, that was the aqeedah of polytheists in Makkah.

You can see the verses I have posted in the OP as evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahsen82 View Post

Tawheed ruboobeyah means to acknowledge only Allah as Rabb and to believe that He is unique in His actions. According to the Quran, that was the aqeedah of polytheists in Makkah.

You can see the verses I have posted in the OP as evidence.
                    They had multiple "gods" Worshipped others besides Allah عز و جل

They had no Tawheed,
                    ​​​​​​
                    The Qur'an doesn't say they had Tawheed, says they believed on Allah عز و جل but worshiped others besides him.

Comment

Working...
                    X