Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al-adab Al-mufrad - Imam Al-Bukhari (RA)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Al-adab Al-mufrad - Imam Al-Bukhari (RA)

Bismillah-ir-Rahmaan-ir-Raheem

​​​​​Imam Al Bukhari (RA)

Short Biography of Imam al- Bukhari (rah)

Imam Abu Abdullah Muhammad bin Ismaeel bin al-Mughirah al-Bukhari was born on 13th of Shawwal 194 AH in Bukhara. a town in the eastern part of Turkestan.

His father died while he was still in his infancy and his upbringing was left entirely to his mother, who looked after his health and education very carefully and spared nothing in order to provide him with the best education.

Quite early in life, Imam Bukhari's intellectual qualities became noticeable. He had great piety and an extremely good memory and devotion to learning. It is said that while he was still in his teens he knew by heart seventy thousand Sayings of the Holy Prophet Muhammad.

At the age of 16, he went to Macca with his mother and enjoyed his stay in the Holy City so much that he decided to prolong his visit in order to benefit from the company of the great Muslim scholars who were always to be found there. At the age of eighteen, he wrote his first book on the subject of the Prophet's Companions and their immediate successors, and later a book on history called "Al-Tarikh-al-Kabir".

Imam Bukhari was very interested in history and the Ahadith (sayings of the Prophet). He sought the company of great scholars in order to learn and discuss the Ahadith of the Holy Prophet. He visited various countries, travelling to Damascus, Cairo, Baghdad, Basra. Mecca, Medina etc. During his stay in Baghdad, he frequently held discussions with the Imam Ahmed Hanbal, the founder of the Hanbali school of law.

During all these travels, Imam Bukhari had one aim: to gather as much knowledge as possible and to make the greatest possible collection of the Traditions of the Holy Prophet. He wrote profusely all the time. He once said that, “l have written about 1800 persons, each of whom had a Saying of the Prophet, and I have written only about those who have passed my test of truthfulness."

The Imam possessed one of the most amazing memories, and his contribution to the science of the Ahadith remains unequalled. He wrote several books on Ahadith but in his book: "Al-Jami-al-Sahih': the Imam had recorded all the Sayings of the Prophet which he found to be genuine after thorough examination and scrutiny. He spent sixteen years in research and examined more than sixty thousand Sayings from which he selected some 7,275 Sayings whose genuineness and accuracy he established beyond the slightest doubt. Deducting duplicates, the Imam's collection contain about four thousand distinct Sayings.

Imam Bukhari was extremely charitable in his remarks and opinions about men and scholars. Seldom did he brand the reporter of a false or inaccurate Hadith as a liar or forger, but simply called him "untrustworthy".

His popularity inspired jealousy in the hearts of reactionary Ulema of his time and he was banished from the land of his birth by the Governor of Bukhara as a result of intrigues against him.

Writings and Other Compilations
    Imam Bukhari wrote many kitaabs besides Bukhari Shareef (Al Jamius Sahih). Hereunder are some books written by Imam Bukhari
    1. Al Aadaabul Mufrad
    2. Juz - Raf-e-Yadain
    3. Juz - Qiraat-Kalful-Imam
    4. At-Taareekh-Al Kabeer - Al Awsat-As Sageer
    5. Kitabul Ashribah
    6. Kitabul Hibah
    7. Mabsoot
    8. Kitabul Ilal
    9. Kitabul Wuhdaan
    10. Af’aalul Ibaad

Imam Bukhari (RA) died on 1 Shawwal 256 AH. at the age of 62 years in a small town near Samarkand, Tadzhikistan
    May Allah have mercy on his Soul.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

1. Parents
    كتاب الْوَالِدَيْنِ

Chapter of Honouring Parents: The Words of Allah Almighty: "We have instructed man concerning his parents..."

Abu 'Amr ash-Shaybani said, "The owner of this house (and he pointed at the house of 'Abdullah ibn Mas'ud) said, "I asked the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, which action Allah loves best. He replied, 'Prayer at its proper time.' 'Then what?' I asked. He said, 'Then kindness to parents." I asked, 'Then what?' He replied, 'Then jihad in the Way of Allah.'" He added, "He told me about these things. If I had asked him to tell me more, he would have told me more."
    ​​​
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)

Comment

'Abdullah ibn 'Umar said, "The pleasure of the Lord lies in the pleasure of the parent. The anger of the Lord lies in the anger of the parent."
      LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

2. Chapter: Dutifulness to One's Mother
        بَابُ بِرِّ الأُمِّ

Bahz ibn Hakim's grandfather said, "I asked, 'Messenger of Allah, to whom should I be dutiful?' 'Your mother,' he replied. I asked, 'Then whom?' 'Your mother,' he replied. I asked, 'Then whom?' 'Your mother,' he replied. I asked, 'Then to whom should I be dutiful?' 'Your father,' he replied, 'and then the next closest relative and then the next.'"

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

Ata' ibn Yasar said that a man came to Ibn 'Abbas and said, "I asked a woman to marry me and she refused to marry me. Another man asked her and she agreed to marry him. I became jealous and killed her. Is there any way for me to repent?" He asked, "Is your mother alive?" "No," he replied. He said, "repent to Allah Almighty and try to draw near Him as much as you can."
          So I went and asked Ibn `Abbas why he inquired about the man's mother. He replied:
          "I don't know of a deed closer to Allah, Exalted and Majestic, other than dutifulness to the mother."
          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

3. Chapter: Dutifulness to One's Father
            بَابُ بِرِّ الأَبِ

Abu Hurayra (Ra) said, "The Prophet (s.a.w) was asked, 'Messenger of Allah, to whom should I be dutiful?' 'Your mother,' he replied. He was asked, 'Then whom?' 'Your mother,' he replied. He was asked, 'Then whom?' 'Your mother,' he replied. He was asked, 'Then whom?' He replied, 'Your father.'"

Abu Hurayra (Ra) reported:
            "A man came to the Prophet of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and asked, 'What do you command me to do?' He replied, 'Be dutiful towards your mother.' Then he asked him the same question again and he replied, 'Be dutiful towards your mother.' He repeated it yet again and the Prophet replied, 'Be dutiful towards your mother.' Then he put the question a fourth time and the Prophet said, 'Be dutiful towards your father.'"
            LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

4. Chapter: Dutifulness to Parents, even if they are unjust
              بَابُ بِرِّ وَالِدَيْهِ وَإِنْ ظَلَمَا

Ibn 'Abbas said, "If any Muslim obeys Allah regarding his parents, Allah will open two gates of the Garden for him. If there is only one parent, then one gate will be opened. If one of them is angry, then Allah will not be pleased with him until that parent is pleased with him." He was asked, "Even if they wrong him?" "Even if they wrong him" he replied.

(Da'eef (Weak) narration - Al-Albani)
              LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

5. Chapter: Gentle words to Parents
                بَابُ لِينِ الْكَلاَمِ لِوَالِدَيْهِ

Taysala ibn Mayyas said, "I was with the Najadites [Kharijites] when I committed wrong actions which I supposed were major wrong actions. I mentioned that to Ibn 'Umar.

He inquired, 'What are they?"

I replied, 'Such-and-such.'

He stated, 'These are not major wrong actions. There are nine major wrong actions. They are:

Associating others with Allah, killing someone, desertion from the army when it is advancing, slandering a chaste woman, usury, consuming an orphan's property, heresy in the mosque, scoffing, and causing one's parents to weep through disobedience.'

Ibn 'Umar then said to me, 'Do you wish to separate yourself from the Fire? Would you like to enter Paradise?' 'By Allah, yes!' I replied. He asked, 'Are your parents still alive?' I replied, 'My mother is.' He said, 'By Allah, if you speak gently to her and feed her, then you will enter the Garden as long as you avoid the major wrong actions.'"

​​​​​
                LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

Hisham ibn 'Urwa related this ayat from his father, "Take them under your wing, out of mercy, with due humility."*
                  He said (It means): "Do not refuse them what they love."

(*Surah Al Israa - 17:24)
                  LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

Jazakallahu khairan bro fakhri thank you for the reminder
                    It all starts with a thought

Comment

6. Chapter: Repaying Parents
                      بَابُ جَزَاءِ الْوَالِدَيْنِ

Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "A child cannot repay his father unless he finds him as a slave and the buys him and sets him free."

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

Sa'id ibn Abi Burda (ra) said, "I heard my father say that Ibn 'Umar saw a Yamani man going around the House while carrying his mother on his back, saying, 'I am your humble camel. If her mount is frightened, I am not frightened.' Then he asked, 'Ibn 'Umar? Do you think that I have repaid her?' He replied, 'No, not even for a single groan.'
                        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

Marwan used to make Abu Hurayra (ra) his agent and he used to be located in Dhu'l-Hulayfa. His mother was in one house and he was in another. When he wanted to go out, he would stop at her door and say, "Peace be upon you, mother, and the mercy of Allah and His blessing." She would reply, "And peace be upon you, my son, and the mercy of Allah and His blessing." Then he said, "May Allah have mercy on you as you raised me when I was a child." She answered, "May Allah have mercy on you as you were dutiful to me when I was old." Whenever he wanted to go inside, he would do something similar.
                          ​​​​​
                          (Da'eef (Weak) narration - Al-Albani)
                          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

'Abdullah ibn 'Amr (ra) said, "A man came to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and made a pledge to him that he would do hijra. He left his parents who were in tears. The Prophet said, 'Return to them and make them laugh as you made them weep.'"
                            LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

Abu Hazim reported that Abu Murra, the mawla of Umm Hani' bint Abi Talib had told him that he rode with Abu Hurayra (ra) to his land in al-'Aqiq. When he entered his land, he shouted out in his loudest voice, "Peace be upon you, mother, and the mercy of Allah and His blessing!" She replied, "And peace be upon you and the mercy of Allah and His blessing." He said, "May Allah have mercy on you as you raised me when I was a child." She replied, "My son, may Allah repay you well and be pleased with you as you were dutiful towards me when I was old."
                              LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

Working...
                              X