shut up. prove me their is something called allah
    there is something called a dictionary
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

• 'Aisha's mariage and consent

Assalamu Aleikum

I have been troubled lately with an issue related to prophet Muhammad's (pbuh) marriage to Aisha(ra). As far as I gather, the most widely accepted version is that the marriage occurred when she was six years old and consummated when she was nine years old. There is an alternate view that she was actually 17 but it doesnt seem to be widely accepted. What troubles me is the seeming contradiction between a woman's right in Islam not to be forced into marriage and Aisha's age. Being six years old, she hardly could have been mature enough to consent to marriage. Obviously its an honour and a blessing to marry a prophet but the fact remains that at 6 years old she could not have been mature enough to give an affirmative for a life long arrangement so technically wouldn't this be contradicting the right of consent?

I know that my question might offend some of you and I apologize in advance. The truth is that I have been struggling with dounts regarding my deen lately and I think adressing these doubts with my brothers and sisters could help.

Salam

Comment

• Re: 'Aisha's mariage and consent

Women mature much faster in warmer climates.

Comment

Originally posted by Qalawun View Post
          Assalamu Aleikum

I have been troubled lately with an issue related to prophet Muhammad's (pbuh) marriage to Aisha(ra). As far as I gather, the most widely accepted version is that the marriage occurred when she was six years old and consummated when she was nine years old. There is an alternate view that she was actually 17 but it doesnt seem to be widely accepted. What troubles me is the seeming contradiction between a woman's right in Islam not to be forced into marriage and Aisha's age. Being six years old, she hardly could have been mature enough to consent to marriage. Obviously its an honour and a blessing to marry a prophet but the fact remains that at 6 years old she could not have been mature enough to give an affirmative for a life long arrangement so technically wouldn't this be contradicting the right of consent?

I know that my question might offend some of you and I apologize in advance. The truth is that I have been struggling with dounts regarding my deen lately and I think adressing these doubts with my brothers and sisters could help.

Salam
          Wa alaykumus salaam,

in the shariah it is allowed to contract a marriage when a child before the onset of puberty, however before the marriage is consummated then consent is sought and given with the option being open to dissolve the marriage if the young man or woman does not then want to go through with it.
          FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Culture bro, it's all about culture & custom. At the time, it was the norm for a girl to get married at puberty.
            Even today, some boys and girls get married young in some parts of the world.

Regarding Aisha رضي الله عنها , she got married at 6 & consummated the marriage at 9.
            _____
            Urwah said: "Khadeejah died three years before the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) migrated to Madina. He stayed alone for two years or thereabouts, then he married Aisha when she was six years old, and consummated the marriage when she was nine years old." (Bukhaari, 3607)
            --------
            The Prophet :saw: married Aisha رضي الله عنها because of a revelation he :saw: got in his dream.
            ____
            Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her), said that the Prophet :saw: said to her: “You were shown to me twice in a dream. I saw you in a piece of silk (i.e., he saw her image on a piece of silk, or he saw her wearing a silken garment). I was told, ‘This is your wife, so unveil her,’ and it was you. I said: if this dream is from Allah then it will come to pass.’” (Bukhari, 3606).
            -------
            The marriage to Prophet :saw: was an honour to Aisha and her family (radiAllahu anhum) since there are no man greater than the messenger :saw: . He :saw: was the best of husbands & the best of men.

The alternate view regarding her age is false & was conceived in order to please the westerners by the modernist and those who are ashamed of the marriage of our Mother Aisha رضي الله عنها.

This should not affect your iman, on the contrary, you should be proud of it. Their marriage was a blessing to the Ummah as She is one of the greatest scholar of Islam & has narrated so many hadith that we wouldn't have had if the marriage didn't occur.
            The enemies of Islam were able to make you believe nasty things about the Prophet :saw: but you should realize that even the enemies of Islam of the past (such as Abu Jahl) never criticized the marriage of Aisha to the prophet. You know why they didn't criticize it? Because it was the norm!
            Today, people try to attack him :saw: by comparing the standards of today to the culture of the past which is a nono in sociocultural anthropology.

You will insha'Allah get more detailed answers from others.
            Last edited by Muslimman3; 19-06-14, 09:36 AM.
            ومن يتوكل على الله فهو حسبه
            And whosoever puts his trust in Allah,
            Then He will suffice him.

Comment

According to hadiths, this wasn't an issue of attraction to a child but a vision in a dream that the Prophet s.a.a.w. had and being that dreams are a part of prophecy, he felt it necessary to fulfill that dream. Narrated ‘Aisha:

That the Prophet said to her, “You have been shown to me twice in my dream. I saw you pictured on a piece of silk and some-one said (to me). ‘This is your wife.’ When I uncovered the picture, I saw that it was yours. I said, ‘If this is from Allah, it will be done.” {Bukhari :: Volume 5 :: Book 58 :: Hadith 235}

Secondly, and this is what I tell disbelievers and those Muslims with weak iman to even question or have problems with this. What is it to you? Did Abu Bakr and his wife take issue with it? Did Aisha come to resent it? Did the Prophet's companions have problems with it? Not even his enemies, Quraish, Hypocrites, or jews take issue with it. Also this was in a time that it wasn't uncommon for this to happen. It happened all over the world. Even to Monarchy's in Europe. And the wisdom behind it was that Aisha r.a. had the privilege of being a wife and relating hadiths and giving fiqh to areas relating to marital relations, family and women's issues and so on. She became a respected scholar in her own right.
              "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

You know Aisha ra was betrothed to be married to someone else, so marriage in young age was common.

Comment

Originally posted by Qalawun View Post
                  Assalamu Aleikum

Salam
                  :wswrwb:

this is Shaytaan trying his utmost to send you astray,

1. Your eligible for marriage once you reach Puberty in Islam, the over 18/under 16 rule is irrelevant. We have people in their 20's and still immature these days.

2. She was not forced, and had a far greater IQ than women of today

3. It has been proven that people reach Puberty at differering ages.

4. If you read the history you will find that Nowhere in her entire life did Ayesha (ra) regret or have any objections to being married to rasulullah :saw:

hence all of your arguments are null and void.

watch also

:jkk:
                  http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                    :wswrwb:

this is Shaytaan trying his utmost to send you astray,

1. Your eligible for marriage once you reach Puberty in Islam, the over 18/under 16 rule is irrelevant. We have people in their 20's and still immature these days.

2. She was not forced, and had a far greater IQ than women of today

3. It has been proven that people reach Puberty at differering ages.

4. If you read the history you will find that Nowhere in her entire life did Ayesha (ra) regret or have any objections to being married to rasulullah :saw:

hence all of your arguments are null and void.

watch also

OP wasn't talking about the over 16/under 18 rule. I don't think Aisha (RA) reached puberty at age 6.
                    www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

First of all, Imam Shafi'ie in his "Ummul Kitaab" and Imam Bayhaqi stated that it wasn't uncommon to see in their era the Arabian girls got their first menstruation in age 8 - 9, and gave birth to child in age 10. It was so common it's like a social norm during the era. Aisha wasn't the only one or the first one. I recall a narration from Aisha she had her first puberty symptom in age 7, where she lost a lot of hair due to it.

Now how about agreement. There are many hadiths where Aisha told the narrator herself she often feels JEALOUSY toward Prophet's other wives, even including Khadeejah (ra). Is that not a sign of her love to Rasulullah (pbuh)? Also he (pbuh) often let her having fun with her girl friends, and he occasionally playing with her or teasing her. That's not just agreement, that's love.

When a revelation came to Prophet to offer a divorce to his wives, he offered Aisha to consult her parents first. And Aisha assertively replied, "I don't need to consult my parents first. I choose the Messenger of Allah and to stay in this marriage!". Look. She even loved her husband, and loved her marriage. It's not Aisha was being forced out of the blue.

Then most of all, Aisha has an outstanding mental maturity and intelligence. Several years after her marriage, like when she's around 12 year old, she participated in the war, with Anas ibn Malik as witness how she and her sister 'Asma helped sharing the water to the muslim troops. Rarely early teens today can have such capability. And she has a strong curiosity, always learned from Rasulullah, she became a scholar in her own legacy --- the reason why Sunnah survived today.

Arabs those days in 10 year old would look like 18 years, tall & strong. that's why the Pagans, Jews & the Christians attacked Prophet (pbuh) on all issues but never on the age of Aisha (ra). It was no Chance they forget this if this was an Issue those days.
                      Last edited by Ariadne; 19-06-14, 03:46 PM.
                      :GB_bonesrock:
                      And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Originally posted by Ariadne View Post
                        First of all, Imam Shafi'ie in his "Ummul Kitaab" and Imam Bayhaqi stated that it wasn't uncommon to see in their era the Arabian girls got their first menstruation in age 8 - 9, and gave birth to child in age 10. It was so common it's like a social norm during the era. Aisha wasn't the only one or the first one. I recall a narration from Aisha she had her first puberty symptom in age 7, where she lost a lot of hair due to it.

Now how about agreement. There are many hadiths where Aisha told the narrator herself she often feels JEALOUSY toward Prophet's other wives, even including Khadeejah (ra). Is that not a sign of her love to Rasulullah (pbuh)? Also he (pbuh) often let her having fun with her girl friends, and he occasionally playing with her or teasing her. That's not just agreement, that's love.

When a revelation came to Prophet to offer a divorce to his wives, he offered Aisha to consult her parents first. And Aisha assertively replied, "I don't need to consult my parents first. I choose the Messenger of Allah and to stay in this marriage!". Look. She even loved her husband, and loved her marriage. It's not Aisha was being forced out of the blue.

Then most of all, Aisha has an outstanding mental maturity and intelligence. Several years after her marriage, like when she's around 12 year old, she participated in the war, with Anas ibn Malik as witness how she and her sister 'Asma helped sharing the water to the muslim troops. Rarely early teens today can have such capability. And she has a strong curiosity, always learned from Rasulullah, she became a scholar in her own legacy --- the reason why Sunnah survived today.

Arabs those days in 10 year old would look like 18 years, tall & strong. that's why the Pagans, Jews & the Christians attacked Prophet (pbuh) on all issues but never on the age of Aisha (ra). It was no Chance they forget this if this was an Issue those days.
                        10 year olds looked like 18 year olds? I always assumed Aisha(RA) looked like a 9 year old girl at the oldest when she got married. I didn't know they matured to that extent!
                        www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

People in that time used to act more mature at such a young age, right? So maybe that also has to do with getting married early...?
                          Allah's Messenger ï·º said, "Allah said, 'O son of Adam! Spend, and I shall spend on you."

https://www.crisisaid.org.uk/appeals/yemen/

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
                            10 year olds looked like 18 year olds? I always assumed Aisha(RA) looked like a 9 year old girl at the oldest when she got married. I didn't know they matured to that extent!
                            I once read in National Geographic about an area near Italy where the boys and girls are being married off by their parents when they are 13-14 years old. The 13 year old girl in the picture is so mature she looks like a 25 year old woman. And their 7-year old already looks like a 15-year old.

That's a small illustration that age number doesn't always correlate with appearance and maturity speed. Aisha's 9 year old is definitely NOT our time's 9 year old. Not in the time where a 10-year old woman was common to have a childbirth. They matured so fast. And not to mention they had shorter life span, i.e. like around 60 - 70 years old. Aisha and some of Prophet's wives died in age around 60. And as comparison (albeit not related), Imam Shafi'ie died in age 52 (and he is a Quraish).

so can you imagine, the ancient Arabians in the time of Prophet matured very quickly. There was a narration (I forgot where but authentic insha Allah) from Aisha telling that she grew physically big very fast.
                            Last edited by Ariadne; 19-06-14, 07:45 PM.
                            :GB_bonesrock:
                            And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

look at the reason why he (pbuh) married her (the dream)---and the result, she had very strong memory and therefore remembered many of his sayings and practices, on top of that she was not shy to ask questions - she would ask a lot of questions that other people would be reluctant to pursue due to her youth combined with her closeness to him (pbuh) and was very enthusiastic and inquisitive, and in the end it is of benefit to you and me because the knowledge is handed down

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
                                OP wasn't talking about the over 16/under 18 rule. I don't think Aisha (RA) reached puberty at age 6.
                                watch the Video, and it is irrelevant what you think,

she was old enough to get married, when she got married.

we don't use the Kuffar/Mushrikuns twisted standards to judge right from wrong,

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X