Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islam oppresses women..? A Muslim Woman built the world's oldest university

Asalamu alaikum All

I think it`s still a little known fact even amongst Muslims that the oldest (still operating to this day) university was built by a Muslim woman by the name of Fatima al Fihri.

I found the video below summarizes the story of the founding of this university very well and I recommend that brothers and sisters try to share this as it is only a few minutes long, so that more people (Muslims and Non Muslims) can become aware of the great feats that Muslim women have achieved!

I feel that highlighting achievements like this can help show to the world that Islam honors women and does not oppress them.

Please find the video below:

I ask Allah that we find this beneficial. Ameen

Wasalam

Re: Islam oppresses women..? A Muslim Woman built the world's oldest university

Thought twins x She was Morrocan wasn't she. I've read about this before.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Fatima indeed was a Moroccan and did have a sister although I'm not sure whether they twins or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sho Islam View Post
        Fatima indeed was a Moroccan and did have a sister although I'm not sure whether they twins or not.
        Oh brother I meant that we were thinking the same thing, so thats why I said 'twins', sorry.
        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
          Oh brother I meant that we were thinking the same thing, so thats why I said 'twins', sorry.
          No problem sister

Comment

Working...
          X