• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importance of the Quraish

:start:
    :alhumdull

:salams

Narrated Wathilah bin Al-Asqa':
    that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "Indeed, Allah chose Kinanah from the children of Isma'il, and He chose Quraish from Kinanah, and He chose Hashim from Quraish, and He chose me from Banu Hashim." [sahih at Tirmidhi]

Umm Hani’ bint Abi Talib who reported that the Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace, said: “Allah has favoured the Quraysh with seven characteristics which he has never given to anyone before them and will never give to anyone after them:
    1) The post of the Caliph (al-Khilafah) is given to one among them,
    2) the custody of the Sacred House (al-Hijabah) is assumed by someone from amongst them,
    3) giving water to the pilgrims (al-Siqayah) during Hajj is undertaken by someone amongst them,
    4) prophethood is given to someone amongst them,
    5) they were given victory over the [army of] elephants,
    6) they worshipped Allah for seven years during which none worshipped Him,
    7) and a Surah has been revealed about them in which none but them was mentioned (For the taming of Quraysh…)”. [reported in Asbabul Nuzul by al Wahidi]

As shaykh Ibn Kathir addressed, suratul Quraish 106 was finally revealed as separate, but directly related and linked to suratal Fil 105 such that the War against the Elephants led to the uniting and securing of Quraish in Makka, as 29:67 addresses:

Have they not seen that We made [Makkah] a safe sanctuary, while people are being taken away all around them? Then in falsehood do they believe, and in the favor of Allah they disbelieve?
    Holy Quran 106:1-4:
    For the taming [covenant of security] of[for] Qureysh.
    For their taming[security] (We cause) the caravans to set forth in winter and summer.
    So let them worship the Lord of this House
    Who hath fed them against hunger and hath made them safe from fear.
    Ibn Abbas is reported to have said:
    command Quraysh to be tamed to Allah's divine Oneness; and it is also said this means: mention My blessings to Quraysh so that they be tamed to Allah's divine Oneness.

The Quraish were uniquely addressed by Allah AWJ not for utter destruction, like the Thamud, but for elevation among mankind. But also to be utterly judged such that among the Quraish is the best of mankind, Muhammad ibn Abdullah , and the worst of mankind, Abu Lahab who has the unique distinction of being named, through his vile kunya, to being named and openly judged by Allah AWJ as hellbound, along with his lowly wife.
    Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
    " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

I thought fir'aun would have been the worst?

Comment

Re: Importance of the Quraish

Originally posted by Ghuraba321 View Post
      I thought fir'aun would have been the worst?
      The distinction of Abu Lahab is that he was judged as being destined for Jahannah even while he lived, and was told of it, and he was specifically and explicitly mentioned in the Holy Quran. "Firaun" was definitely one of the worst, as was Nimrud, and others. Firaun was certainly more epic, which is part of what Allah destined about him, that he would be remembered for generations for his utter corruption and enmity for Allah.
      Abu Lahab, was the uncle of the Prophet and knew him personally, and yet disbelieved and openly rebelled and waged war against Islam.
      So Abu Lahab has distinctions, and many feared to be like Abu Lahab, fearing that Allah AWJ would mention them directly.
      Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
      " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

When are you getting a quraish to untie your arab lands a establish a khilafah? Posting hadith and ruling is the last to do to bring about a khilafah.

Comment

There is no faster way to kill the idea of a caliphate among non-arab muslims than the hadiths that say only Quraysh can be caliphs.

Unfortunately most muslims don't know of this hadith, hence why they keep parroting their support for khilafa.

Comment

Originally posted by Spicen View Post
            There is no faster way to kill the idea of a caliphate among non-arab muslims than the hadiths that say only Quraysh can be caliphs.

Unfortunately most muslims don't know of this hadith, hence why they keep parroting their support for khilafa.
            Only a hypocrite would reject the worship of Allah as the Sahaba :RA: exemplified and as the Prophet commanded on account of racial and ethnic bigotry and enmity. If it becomes a distinguishing factor between people, then it distinguishes the believer from the lying hypocrite.
            Holy Quran (tmq) 29:2-4
            Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried?
            But We have certainly tried those before them, and Allah will surely make evident those who are truthful, and He will surely make evident the liars.
            Or do those who do evil deeds think they can outrun Us? Evil is what they judge.

Comment

If the hadith is sahih khalaas

Those rejecting hadith due to nationalistic arrogance should remember who exactly it is whose words they are rejecting (sallaho alayhi wa sallam)

Sometimes a person's tounge give you a taste of what's in their heart
              It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
              "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

And it should be known that when the Prophet died, and the Sahaba :RA: gathered to decide who should lead them, some Ansar said they should have the leadership.

An excerpt from the discussion between the Ansar who supported Sa`d bin Ubada :RA:, and Muhajireen after the Prophet's death:

The Ansar’s speaker said, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ and praising Allah as He deserved, he added, ‘To proceed, we are Allah’s Ansar (helpers) and the majority of the Muslim army, while you, the emigrants, are a small group and some people among you came with the intention of preventing us from practicing this matter (of caliphate) and depriving us of it.’

When the speaker had finished, I (Umar bin al Khattab :RA:) intended to speak as I had prepared a speech which I liked and which I wanted to deliver in the presence of Abu Bakr, and I used to avoid provoking him. So, when I wanted to speak, Abu Bakr said, ‘Wait a while.’ I disliked to make him angry. So Abu Bakr himself gave a speech, and he was wiser and more patient than I. By Allah, he never missed a sentence that I liked in my own prepared speech, but he said the like of it or better than it spontaneously.

After a pause he said, ‘O Ansar! You deserve all (the qualities that you have attributed to yourselves, but this question (of Caliphate) is only for the Quraish as they are the best of the Arabs as regards descent and home, and I am pleased to suggest that you choose either of these two men, so take the oath of allegiance to either of them as you wish."

And then Abu Bakr held my hand and Abu Ubada bin `Abdullah’s hand who was sitting amongst us. I hated nothing of what he had said except that proposal, for by Allah, I would rather have my neck chopped off as expiator for a sin than become the ruler of a nation, one of whose members is Abu Bakr, unless at the time of my death my own-self suggests something I don’t feel at present.’

https://caliphate.eu/2013/08/25/why-...urial-delayed/

Here, Umar bin al Khattab :RA: narrates a portion of the discussion between the senior believers and he agreed with Abu Bakr's :RA: statement that the Quraish have a greater right to the khilafa. So the two most senior believers agreed on this matter, and the Ansar conceded and agreed, and the consensus of the Sahaba :RA: was recognized, and it was based on the textual evidence which itself is graded as authentic.

And the circumstances revolving around this condition of the khilafah are several, including which the necessity of a khilafa- any khilafa- is greater than the fulfillment of this condition such that even though there were qualified Ansar available to lead the Muslim Ummah, when the matter came to choose between them or qualified Quraish of the highest piety and character, the "sabab" reason of this matter applies.

As well, if there are no known qualified Quraish available and the matter of the khilafa is pending, then the hadith applies
                Narrated Anas:
                The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Listen and obey (your chief) even if an Ethiopian whose head is like a raisin were made your chief." [sahih Bukhari]

This text shows that the necessity of the existence of a ruler, leader, imam, khalifah, is greater than the condition of his Quraish affiliation. And the matter of the leadership of the Quraish must be placed in relation to all the textual evidence regarding the matter.

Nonetheless, the Shafii position was stated be shaykh al Mawardi in his seminal work Al Ahkam as Sultaniyah that the 7th condition of an imam/khalifah was to be of the Quraish.
                "7. Of the family of Quraish because of the text ( prophetic hadith) on the matter and by virtue of consensus."

And Allah knows best.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Kamel View Post
                  Only a hypocrite would reject the worship of Allah as the Sahaba :RA: exemplified and as the Prophet commanded on account of racial and ethnic bigotry and enmity. If it becomes a distinguishing factor between people, then it distinguishes the believer from the lying hypocrite.
                  Holy Quran (tmq) 29:2-4
                  Woah there, hold your Camels. You're the one who is putting forward the idea that any race, ethnitcity or tribe except a quraysh is unacceptable and you're calling others bigots.

Now then, caliphate has been dead for 700+ years, it will remain Dead for the foreseeable. And looking at Iranian dominance over arabs and Turkish ambitions for new ottoman empire, you arabs will be lucky to get a position as the Royal camel herders, let alone "caliphate" :rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by spicen View Post
                    woah there, hold your camels. You're the one who is putting forward the idea that any race, ethnitcity or tribe except a quraysh is unacceptable and you're calling others bigots.

Now then, caliphate has been dead for 700+ years, it will remain dead for the foreseeable. And looking at iranian dominance over arabs and turkish ambitions for new ottoman empire, you arabs will be lucky to get a position as the royal camel herders, let alone "caliphate" :rotfl:
                    lol

Comment

Where is the Quraish tribe today? Is it even around?
                      How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Originally posted by Talwaar View Post
                        Where is the Quraish tribe today? Is it even around?
                        Last time I checked Sharif Hussein, the guy who allied with UK in WW1 against Ottomans, was a Qurayshi.

Comment

Last time I checked Sharif Hussein, the guy who allied with UK in WW1 against Ottomans, was a Qurayshi.
                          King of Jordan is also Qurayshi I heard. They are still around.

Comment

Originally posted by Bidrohi Ronoklanto View Post
                            King of Jordan is also Qurayshi I heard. They are still around.
                            Given his ottoman ambitions, I do wonder how much Erdogan and whoever succeeds him would trust Arabs as his muslim brothers in the long run.

These Qurayshis can easily become tools/puppets of the West and make a puppet caliphate in an effort to stop the genuine Islamic movement. Infact, Sharif Hussein planned with the British in 1915 to create "Arab Caliphate of Islam", which never came into frutiotion and later Britian held Najdi Salafists to take over Hejaz. Meanwhile after 1924, Sharif briefly claimed to be Caliph.

Not to mention there's also a religious basis for such a schism and war, Sufi Turks (+ whoever gives them bayah) VS Salafi Arabs (+whoever gives them bayah).

Comment

Given his ottoman ambitions, I do wonder how much Erdogan and whoever succeeds him would trust Arabs as his muslim brothers in the long run.

These Qurayshis can easily become tools/puppets of the West and make a puppet caliphate in an effort to stop the genuine Islamic movement. Infact, Sharif Hussein planned with the British in 1915 to create "Arab Caliphate of Islam", which never came into frutiotion and later Britian held Najdi Salafists to take over Hejaz. Meanwhile after 1924, Sharif briefly claimed to be Caliph.

Not to mention there's also a religious basis for such a schism and war, Sufi Turks (+ whoever gives them bayah) VS Salafi Arabs (+whoever gives them bayah).
                              The issue here is that the Quraysh are not prone to being traitor, incompetent or competent just because they are Quraysh. The issue here is Quraysh are people, people just like you and me. There is nothing divine in them for one characteristic or the other. Therefore, I do not really see any reason why a Quraysh must be appointed or given preference for the Khilafah. As such I find it hard to believe the Prophet SAW would order something as illogical as this.

Comment

Working...
                              X