Khalid Ibn Al-Waleed and the Roman Commander Baahaan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was reading the Biography of Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq :RA: by Dr. Ali Sallabi, and found this astonishing account about Khaalid :RA: -

According to an account that is related by Al-Waleed ibn Muslim, the Romans also made an account to negotiate terms of a truce. Baahaan asked Khaalid :RA: to come and meet him in the middle of the space that separated the two armies, Baahaan began their meeting by saying, "Verily, we have long known that hunger and hardships have forced your people to leave your lands. So Allow me to give each man among you ten Deenars, clothing and food. I will give you these things if you return to your lands. Then, next year, we will send you a similar amount of supplies." That Baahaan meant to humiliate Khaalid :RA: is an understatement, but Khaalid :RA: was not to be outdone. He :RA: said to Baahaan, "We have not left our lands because of the things you have mentioned. No, instead, we are a people who drink blood, and it has reached us that no blood is tastier than the blood of Romans. And so that is why we have come!"
    Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

Haha SubhanAllah.

You dont talk smack to Khalid ibn Waleed(ra) and get away with it.

Comment

Re: Khalid Ibn Al-Waleed and the Roman Commander Baahaan

Originally posted by bhshawon View Post
      I was reading the Biography of Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq :RA: by Dr. Ali Sallabi, and found this astonishing account about Khaalid :RA: -
      can I ask what astonished you?

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
        can I ask what astonished you?
        The boldness
        Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

Comment

That Baahaan meant to humiliate Khaalid is an understatement, but Khaalid was not to be outdone. He said to Baahaan, "We have not left our lands because of the things you have mentioned. No, instead, we are a people who drink blood, and it has reached us that no blood is tastier than the blood of Romans. And so that is why we have come!"

It seems that Khalid bin Walid (Ra) was a racist too.

Comment

Drinking any blood remains haram for Muslims at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by i.carrim View Post
              He doesnt mean it in a litteral way
              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by i.carrim View Post
                it was cast fear in the kaafir and make him think ''oh damn we fighting some crazy people who aint gona stop at anything'' its a part of war

Comment

Originally posted by Spicen View Post
                  That Baahaan meant to humiliate Khaalid is an understatement, but Khaalid was not to be outdone. He said to Baahaan, "We have not left our lands because of the things you have mentioned. No, instead, we are a people who drink blood, and it has reached us that no blood is tastier than the blood of Romans. And so that is why we have come!"

It seems that Khalid bin Walid (Ra) was a racist too.
                  The Prophet (S) had said about Khalid ibn lwalid that he is God's sword and not racist as you said

Comment

Working...
                  X