Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The original Najdi/ Wahhabi movement was more extreme in bloodshed & Takfir than ISIS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really confused and I don't even know what questions to ask. This is the first time I've heard about the Wahhabi movement. Are Wahhabis 'good' or 'bad' (for lack of better phrasing) and which schools of thought follow that movement? It seems from the first post that it is 'bad' but from what I gather lots of people are saying otherwise? I think? I'm genuinely interested in learning more, and even asked my sheikha about it and she didn't really tell me a lot and ultimately said she'll do some more research and get back to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by bismillah View Post
      I'm really confused and I don't even know what questions to ask. This is the first time I've heard about the Wahhabi movement. Are Wahhabis 'good' or 'bad' (for lack of better phrasing) and which schools of thought follow that movement? It seems from the first post that it is 'bad' but from what I gather lots of people are saying otherwise? I think? I'm genuinely interested in learning more, and even asked my sheikha about it and she didn't really tell me a lot and ultimately said she'll do some more research and get back to me.
      There is no such thing as a "Wahhabi" movement. That is simply a term that Ash'aris came up with to refer to the "Salafi" organization. The "Salafis" are basically the religious institutions and leaders of Saudi Arabia which have come to support and be integral to the rule of the Saudi monarchy. They have several corruptions in beliefs and areas of Fiqh due to the requirements of the alliances of the rulers. For the most part they are Athari in Aqeedah and overwhelmingly Hanbali in Fiqh, however they practice a form of Ijtihad that mimics the Zahiris somewhat.

It is the Athari creed of the "Salafis" that Ash'aris hate so much and the Saudi money that has spread this creed far and wide in the last century or so.

Comment

Working...
      X