Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are your favorite Sahabi

:salams ,

I thought I'd start this thread so we can bring more light to and get to know more Sahabi. I'm sure there are many of them whom we don't know.
    Don't only post your absolute favorite but also those whom their story has affected you in some way, even if they only had one narration about them.
    Inshallah we can get to know the best of generations better so that we may emulate their characters

Inshallah add a little description of their roles as sahabi and or their character

Umar ibn Al-Khatab (r.a.) : Amir ul Mumineen, didn't take nothing from nobody. hard character.When he went down one path, Shaytan (arrajeem) would take the other
    Khalid ibn Waleed (r.a.) : Saifullah (The Sword of Allah), need not say more than that
    Nu'aman bin Amr(r.a.) : Comedian, one of the sahabi who would make the Prophet laugh. He even slaughtered a mans camel and gave the man to eat from it as a prank
    Last edited by Yunus aua; 16-08-13, 01:38 PM.
    Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit

Re: Who are your favorite Sahabi

Originally posted by Yunus aua View Post
    :salams ,

I thought I'd start this thread so we can bring more light to and get to know more Sahabi. I'm sure there are many of them whom we don't know.
    Don't only post your absolute favorite but also those whom their story has affected you in some way, even if they only had one narration about them.
    Inshallah we can get to know the best of generations better so that we may emulate their characters
    Inshallah add a little description of they roles as sahabi and their character

Umar ibn Al-Khatab (r.a.) : Amir ul Mumineen, didn't take nothing from nobody. hard character.When he went down one path, Shaytan (arrajeem) would take the other
    Khalid ibn Waleed (r.a.) : Saifullah (The Sword of Allah), need not say more than that
    Nu'aman bin Amr(r.a.) : Comedian, one of the sahabi who would make the Prophet laugh. He even slaughtered a mans camel and gave the man to eat from it as a prank
    All are my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Spider man View Post
      All are my favorite.
      Please no more answers like this.
      You couldn't possibly know all 10.000 + of them, let's be real

Away for a bit

Comment

Please no more answers like this.
        You couldn't possibly know all 10.000 + of them, let's be real
        Hazrat ali (r a) is my fav. But he is from ahlul bait and not sahabi.

Comment

Originally posted by Spider man View Post
          Hazrat ali (r a) is my fav. But he is from ahlul bait and not sahabi.
          I'm pretty sure he is still a sahabi.

A Sahabi is anyone who was Muslim and met the Prophet and died as a Muslim

Away for a bit

Comment

All the sahaba's (RA) were awesome but I have a particular attachment to Umar (RA) maybe because our names are kinda identical... And I'm also a very emotional person as well.

EDIT: This was my 1,000th post. I pray that Allah (SWT) makes me as close to Umar (RA) as I can possibly be...
            Last edited by kh4N; 16-08-13, 11:28 AM.

Comment

yh thats right
              They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

mine is uthman (ra)

Comment

So hazrat ali is my favorite followed by Hazrat umar (r a) and then hazrat khalid bin waleed (r a)

Comment

Khalid ibn Walid RA.. for obvious reasons.
                    Isa ibn Maryam AS
                    "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Bilal ibn Rabah - He loved the Prophet :saw: so much that he choked when trying to make adhaan, and had to stay away from makkah and madinah to conquer his depression. The minute he came back he fell upon his grave and pressed his face against it in tears. Whenever I hear any narration about bilal I cannot keep my eyes dry. http://www.hadithoftheday.com/did-yo...lal-ibn-rabah/ & http://www.systemoflife.com/articles...#axzz2c8AFJnuj

Khadija bint Khuwaylid - She believed in him :saw: when nobody else did, she gave up everything she had to support him, she comforted him when his people rejected him, Allah greeted her personally with glad tidings of jannah. http://www.islamswomen.com/articles/..._khuwaylid.php

Julaybib - Was a kind man who was short and deformed, and so his people hated him and left him homeless and hungry. He asked the Prophet:saw: 'why will no one let me marry their daughter'? And so the Prophet had him married. When julaybib was killed in battle, the men asked 'is anyone missing?' and the Prophet(saw) said 'I am missing julaybib! send men to search for him". "The Prophet of Allah stood over him and said: He killed seven and then was killed? This man is of me and I am of him. He repeated this two or three times. The Prophet (S) then took him in his arms and it is said that he had no better bed besides the forearms of the Messenger of Allah. The Prophet (S) then dug for him a grave, and himself placed him in it. " http://www.qss.org/articles/julaybib/julaybib.html

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim First View Post
                        Khalid ibn Walid RA.. for obvious reasons.
                        Isa ibn Maryam AS
                        Isa bin maryam is not a sahabi, he was a prophet born 600 years ago, get your fact right. Go on wikipedia and check it with your ownself.

Comment

salaams to all

from what i know, Haz Umar (Rad) is my favourite
                          but im sure i would find all 124 000 approx of them very interesting, if i knew more about them

(Imam Suyuti in his al-Hawi stated that al-Hakim reported that Abu Dharr asked the Prophet (s) how many Prophets and Messengers there were and the response was respectfully, 124,000 and 313 (another narration say 315))

As far as the number of Walis as the same number of the Prophets, this can be deduced from when the Prophet (saw) gave indications and made reference of what qualities certain Sahabah had in relation to former Prophets. Like Sayyidina `Umar (ra) to Musa (as) and another Sahabi to Dawud (as). The numbers of Sahabah were 124,000 during the Farewell Sermon.

Ibn `Arabi explained that every wali takes from a certain Prophet, except for the Qutb who takes directly from the Messenger (s) himself.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
                          jazakallah
                          Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
                          very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

Umm Habiba RA as well, the Mother of wala bara. She had so much love for the Din, When her father came to visit her. She told her Father Abu Sufyan RA that he wasn't good enough, to sit on the carpet of the Messenger :saw:, because he was a mushrik (at the time)
                            "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

zubayr bin al awam - amazing sahabi

Comment

Working...
                              X